2018 xc60 msrp - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2018 xc60 msrp

I chatted with Eric on Volvo US website and he confirmed Air Suspension is free through OSD order. This makes OSD order of XC60 T8 Inscription a better choice. Hopefully this is true.

Me 3:07 pm
      On the OSD price list, Air Suspension is listed as "Standard on T8 Inscription", under both Inscription standard option list and Air Suspension option list.

Me 3:07 pm
      However on Volvocars/US build website, Air Suspension option is listed as "Required for T8 Inscription with price $1800".

Me 3:08 pm
      so my question is: If I order XC60 T8 through OSD, do I need to pay $1800 for Air Suspension at all?

Me 3:09 pm
      2018 XC60 T8 Inscription, I mean

Eric 3:16 pm
      I do apologize about the delay, there would not be an additional charge for the air suspension on the 2018 XC60 T8 Inscription
      Quote Originally Posted by goVolvo View Post
      So you think the updated (on 5/30) OSD option list with the green note below need another update?

Well, on volvocars.com/us, this option is listed as "4-Corner Air Suspension (Required for T8 Inscription) $1800", clearly means $1800 extra, and must be added for T8 Inscription. This is exact the opposite to "Standard on T8 Inscription" (means $0) in the OSD list. So seems like all T8 Inscription will be built with air suspension in factory. Just the prices on US config site and OSD list are controversial. Was the OSD list supposed to say "Required on T8 Inscription"? But Air Suspension is clearly listed/covered in the "Inscription" trim list. Maybe both places should say "Required on T8 Inscription and price is $1800", instead of "Standard".

Any one would call for clarification? Or OSD T8 Inscription orders will all need to be double checked later.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My 2015 R-Design has optional 20" wheels with All-Season Tires. The 2018 only comes with 19" wheels. The Optional 21"s are Summer Rubber only. Not good for the Northeast & I don't want to store & handle a separate set of winter wheels & tires.
      2015.5 XC60 R-Design, Platinum, Climate Pkg, Electric Silver

I chatted with Eric on Volvo US website and he confirmed Air Suspension is free through OSD order. This makes OSD order of XC60 T8 Inscription a better choice. Hopefully this is true.
      I don't know if I would say free. It is included in the increased T8 price along with other packages and options on the US "Build your XC60" site. For a commuter car purpose the XC60 T8 is only a $1500 upgrade over the T6 after you factor in the Federal tax rebate. Maybe even less if you have local rebates. It's still a large chunk of change more than the T5 though. And with the tiny gas tank size and only slightly improved long haul gas mileage, the T8 is not ideal if you plan to use it for long road trips.

Quote Originally Posted by pfram View Post
      I don't know if I would say free. It is included in the increased T8 price along with other packages and options on the US "Build your XC60" site. For a commuter car purpose the XC60 T8 is only a $1500 upgrade over the T6 after you factor in the Federal tax rebate. Maybe even less if you have local rebates. It's still a large chunk of change more than the T5 though. And with the tiny gas tank size and only slightly improved long haul gas mileage, the T8 is not ideal if you plan to use it for long road trips.
      it is not cheap. XC60 T8 price this year is not much less or even more than 2017 XC90 T8 with decent discount. This is the pain to buy the first year model.

I don't worry about gas tank volume or range though. 300 mile is long enough for me to take a break in long trip, after 4 to 5 hours drive. Why would one be scared by the range? It is not a EV that needs special attention for charge stations. And mpg on highway is still better than T6. No regret at all.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

I don't worry about gas tank volume or range though. 300 mile is long enough for me to take a break in long trip, after 4 to 5 hours drive. Why would one be scared by the range? It is not a EV that needs special attention for charge stations. And mpg on highway is still better than T6. No regret at all.

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

Why would one be scared by the range?
      I wouldn't be scared, I just dislike frequent gas station stops on long journeys. Convenience, not fear.

it is not cheap. XC60 T8 price this year is not much less or even more than 2017 XC90 T8 with decent discount. This is the pain to buy the first year model.

How much better is that MPG? Oh and the T8 not in electric only. All those batteries and electric motors add weight ya know.

I'm also still not convinced about the merits of the rear drive being electric only and physically disconnected from the front gas engine. I'd also have to see that there's no negative effect on breaking feel caused by the regenerative system.

I don't think most people will need the T8 full available power over the T6 in this vehicle, so it seems a pure luxury/excess, not that this is a bad thing for me, but for most? I'd just have to be convinced that there's a sizable net benefit with the T8, and if so, is that benefit worth the higher price (and probable insurance) premium. I'm still looking at value.
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      How much better is that MPG? Oh and the T8 not in electric only. All those batteries and electric motors add weight ya know.

I'm also still not convinced about the merits of the rear drive being electric only and physically disconnected from the front gas engine. I'd also have to see that there's no negative effect on breaking feel caused by the regenerative system.

I don't think most people will need the T8 full available power over the T6 in this vehicle, so it seems a pure luxury/excess, not that this is a bad thing for me, but for most? I'd just have to be convinced that there's a sizable net benefit with the T8, and if so, is that benefit worth the higher price (and probable insurance) premium. I'm still looking at value.
      Many have posted XC90 T8 mpg here. On highway it is usually more than the 26mpg of T6, could reach 28 to 30 depends on road condition. Whenever you need to apply braking, T8 gains advantage over T6.

Of course it is more costly, but really it is just about 4k more after tax credit. It is all about whether you appreciate it. Like B&W, massage seats, etc, they are all excess. I'll feel good to drive a green car and also enjoy the thrust.

How is mpg better than the T6 on the highway with all those heavy batteries carried along?

Many have posted XC90 T8 mpg here. On highway it is usually more than the 26mpg of T6, could reach 28 to 30 depends on road condition. Whenever you need to apply braking, T8 gains advantage over T6.

Of course it is more costly, but really it is just about 4k more after tax credit. It is all about whether you appreciate it. Like B&W, massage seats, etc, they are all excess. I'll feel good to drive a green car and also enjoy the thrust.

I believe the T6 and all other drivetrains have brake energy recuperation so I doubt the T8 has an advantage, unless it is somehow better at converting the energy.

Quote Originally Posted by larrydeatl View Post
      these prices with options are sky high, a fully loaded Q5 is 55,000 and i'm sure the next gen X3 will be in line with that. They need to take out the massage function, and allow a ventilated seat like on the XC90 without a massage.
      No, a fully loaded Q5 comparable to a T8 would be an SQ5. That maxes out at $68,625.

The T5 is priced very close to the Q5, which is also a 2.0 Turbo.

The XC60 does come out a little bit more expensive if you really want to load it up, but it's not significant. And don't forget the T8 is a plug-in Hybrid, which comes with a nice tax credit in the US.
      2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by volvocu View Post
      I believe the T6 and all other drivetrains have brake energy recuperation so I doubt the T8 has an advantage, unless it is somehow better at converting the energy.
      The T8 charges the Hybrid battery with the electric motor, so yes it does have an advantage there.
      2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by volvocu View Post
      Brakes on T6, T5, D5, D4 are all pure mechanical. There is no generator attached on the axle, no energy regeneration. They are not hybrid cars.
      And even if there was regeneration, the electricity can be just used to charge the main battery, which is already charged by alternator, powered by engine. The main battery does not drive the vehicle by any means.

Brakes on T6, T5, D5, D4 are all pure mechanical. There is no generator attached on the axle, no energy regeneration.
      That's not entirely correct. The alternator is essentially a specialized generator. With most modern cars, including all current model Volvo's (even with their pre-Drive-E drivetrains), brake energy regeneration is the preferred method for charging the battery via the alternator. As long as the charge level isn't too low, the link between the alternator and the engine is broken during acceleration and some coasting to reduce parasitic drains and improve fuel economy and performance. Instead, the alternator is recoupled during braking and some coasting and the battery is charged then.

So there is no generator is attached to the axle, but there's something very similar in place connected a few links away to produce the same effect.
      Last edited by matt1122; 06-19-2017 at 12:42 PM.

I wouldn't call 28 MPG on the highway (maybe 23 MPG combined) a green car. Feeling good while hugging a tree doesn't make you a tree hugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      I wouldn't call 28 MPG on the highway (maybe 23 MPG combined) a green car. Feeling good while hugging a tree doesn't make you a tree hugger.
      But it could be 35mpg combined and even much higher, if commute is mostly local road. 50mpg is not hard if commute is 14miles round trip on local.

But it could be 35mpg combined and even much higher, if commute is mostly local road. 50mpg is not hard if commute is 14miles round trip on local.
      True in this scenario. Ah, but wouldn't that 400 hp be so tempting.

19. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3