2018 xc60 msrp - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Results 36 to 70 of 87

    Thread: 2018 xc60 msrp

    1. #36
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Seattle, US
      Posts
      173
      Yeah, Volvo is dreaming. They won't get market share with these prices and no add-ons. The early buyers will overpay through 2017 end. By Spring 2018 we'll see discounts and package deals and extended maintenance free programs. Only idiots would buy at this price in 2017, myself likely included since lease on old model ends in November 2017.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #37
      Disappointed in pricing. The spread between the V90CC is just not very significant. Pricing is still below a comparable equipped X3, but BMWs lease really well compared to Volvos. I am hoping I am really impressed when I eventually take test drive. I agree with the sentiment of waiting, and not buying/leasing this year.

    4. #38
      Global Moderator GrecianVolvo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2001
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      37,087
      Quote Originally Posted by mac-ct View Post
      ...but BMWs lease really well compared to Volvos.
      That is an incorrect statement.

      A $42,700 X3 leases at $389/mo with $4,300 due at signing.
      A $43,000 XC60 leases at $329/mo with $4,000 due at signing.

      I think it is abundantly clear which car leases better.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

    5. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    6. #39
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      Franklin, TN
      Posts
      1,019
      Quote Originally Posted by pfram View Post
      Yeah, Volvo is dreaming. They won't get market share with these prices and no add-ons. The early buyers will overpay through 2017 end. By Spring 2018 we'll see discounts and package deals and extended maintenance free programs. Only idiots would buy at this price in 2017, myself likely included since lease on old model ends in November 2017.
      I don't know, they seem to be doing quite well. I'm surprised what people pay. The 90's are selling well and many of them are in $60s. Once the XC40s come out more people will be drawn to Volvo. We've been in Volvos since 2001 and through the lean on years. I'm happy they are doing well and hope it continues. We started paperwork today on OSD XC60 and have plans for XCforty in a few years.
      The old - 2001 S60 totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family.
      2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige
      2015 Genesis Monticito Blue/Grey can't return fast enough
      2018 XC60 OSD October 16, 2017 - Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde

    7. #40
      I bought the 90 its msrp was 64.... to get this 60 the way I want it (similar spec to 90) its 59!

    8. #41
      I would disagree. It is very easy to do better than a BMW published rate. The XC60 is also an outgoing model and heavily discounted. The 2018 XC60 rates are not even out yet, but I doubt they will be in the low 300's.

    9. #42
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      747
      It is definitely pricey, but sort of as expected. A T6 RD options out about $2-$4k over the MSRP of our 2012 XC60...some of that is just a price hike, but some would be more features and worse option packaging. Some parts there are no equivalents for - as an example we had premium sound, but now Volvo only offers Bowers & Wilkins which is like super, duper premium sound (i.e. there is no in-between sound upgrade like some manufacturers offer).

      The real "price hike" for me isn't actually a true price hike at all...it's the introduction of the new T8 trim. When I scrimp and only select the most important options in an RD T8 (convenience package - solely for pilot assist, heated seats and the 4c air suspension) I end up at $61,750 - a full $10k over our nearly loaded 2012 RD, but honestly, the T8 drivetrain is a differentiator in this class (IMO). I would expect the new X3 to be offered with a similar plug-in hybrid option, but so far BMW's plug-in models have offered a bit smaller batteries and the electric motors have been tied directly to the tranny which is a less desirable implementation for me. On the upside, our local dealer tends to order loaded RDs and turns them into manager demos...which are then discounted by 4-6k right off the bat once they get 1500-2000 miles on them...that's how we picked up our 2012. Oh, and an equivalent XC90 is $11k-$14k more.
      2012 XC60 R-Design - Passion Red / Off-black/Cream Accents, Platinum, Polestar, & Climate
      2013 Tesla Model S P85+ - Multicoat Red / Black
      1997 M3 - Alpine White/Black

    10. #43
      Based on these prices, Volvo is not pursuing the "value" component over the Germans. BMW will be announcing their new X3 in June, I personally am going to be holding off on a XC60 pre-order until I see what BMW comes out with. I expected to pay for the XC60, but certainly not a few thousand less than the XC90.

    11. #44
      I don't get it...previous gen XC60s were flying out of the lot. 2018 only went up $505 and adds AWD, panoramic sunroof and lane mitigation all standard -- plus a much better design, larger & updated infotainment. All I see is value.

      Quote Originally Posted by larrydeatl View Post
      Based on these prices, Volvo is not pursuing the "value" component over the Germans. BMW will be announcing their new X3 in June, I personally am going to be holding off on a XC60 pre-order until I see what BMW comes out with. I expected to pay for the XC60, but certainly not a few thousand less than the XC90.

    12. #45
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Location
      Westchester, NY
      Posts
      44
      Volvo went with the summer tires on the larger 21" wheels, just like they did on the 22" of the XC90 RD. It is a little frustrating especially living in NY, I guess I will have to switch the tire out for a little wider rubber. This is getting expensive.
      2016 XC90 T6 R-Design
      2015.5 XC60 T6 R-Design

    13. #46
      2018 XC60 R-Design T6 AWD - $44,800

      Passion Red - $0.00
      21" Double Open Spoke Matte Black Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels w/Summer Tires - $1,000
      Advanced Package (requires Vision Pkg) - $1,900
      Vision Package - $1,100
      Convenience Package - $2,000
      Bowers & Wilkins Premium Sound System - $3,200
      4-Corner Air Suspension (Requires Convenience Package) - $1,800


      Total: $56,795 (includes $995 destination)

      Now its correct.
      -
      - XC60 T5 Drive-E MY-2015.5 Savile Grey Platinum w/ BLIS, Blond/Black Sport seats, Heated front. OSD -

    14. #47
      Quote Originally Posted by flamingoezz View Post
      I don't get it...previous gen XC60s were flying out of the lot. 2018 only went up $505 and adds AWD, panoramic sunroof and lane mitigation all standard -- plus a much better design, larger & updated infotainment. All I see is value.
      Yeah, but the Inscription is up $4,400 over the '17 right out of the gate.

      Seems like a lot of money especially as compared to the XC90.

    15. #48
      The Advanced package is pricey. On XC90, HUD is only $900 and 360 degree camera is part of Vision package.
      And Navigation now is extra for Momentum.

      The best value probably is a T6 (or even T5) Momentum + Convenience pkg + navigation (12" instrument cluster) for about $50k.
      Or R-Design + convenience pkg for about $51k
      or Inscription + convenience pkg for about $52k
      Last edited by goVolvo; 05-22-2017 at 03:14 PM.

    16. #49
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      1,222
      Quote Originally Posted by cab View Post
      It is definitely pricey, but sort of as expected. A T6 RD options out about $2-$4k over the MSRP of our 2012 XC60...some of that is just a price hike, but some would be more features and worse option packaging. Some parts there are no equivalents for - as an example we had premium sound, but now Volvo only offers Bowers & Wilkins which is like super, duper premium sound (i.e. there is no in-between sound upgrade like some manufacturers offer).

      The real "price hike" for me isn't actually a true price hike at all...it's the introduction of the new T8 trim. When I scrimp and only select the most important options in an RD T8 (convenience package - solely for pilot assist, heated seats and the 4c air suspension) I end up at $61,750 - a full $10k over our nearly loaded 2012 RD, but honestly, the T8 drivetrain is a differentiator in this class (IMO). I would expect the new X3 to be offered with a similar plug-in hybrid option, but so far BMW's plug-in models have offered a bit smaller batteries and the electric motors have been tied directly to the tranny which is a less desirable implementation for me. On the upside, our local dealer tends to order loaded RDs and turns them into manager demos...which are then discounted by 4-6k right off the bat once they get 1500-2000 miles on them...that's how we picked up our 2012. Oh, and an equivalent XC90 is $11k-$14k more.
      It's important to note that with the T8 you will be eligible for several thousand dollars in Federal tax credit and possibly more depending on your state. In my state of Colorado, for example, it's the around $5k federal plus another $5k state.

    17. #50
      I am thinking of the XC60 but does anyone know the lead time now for OSD? I am also disappointed we can't get Bursting Blue, with full Leather seats! Does anyone know how well the Charcoal R-Design Nubuck & Nappa Leather Upholstery Seats hold up? I would prefer a 20" option on the Rims, apparently the cost of replacement for tires varies greatly with the sizes.
      2016 XC60 New White Pearl, Loaded
      2007 178K Miles XC70 My 4th!
      2006 45K Miles S60 Rescued from Katrina! Sold
      2003 74K Miles XC90 T6 AWD 18" Nautic Blue, Nav, Loaded! Color Coded !!
      1995 122K Miles 960 SW Everything Works! Sold!

    18. #51
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      1,222
      Quote Originally Posted by Triniguy2 View Post
      I am thinking of the XC60 but does anyone know the lead time now for OSD? I am also disappointed we can't get Bursting Blue, with full Leather seats! Does anyone know how well the Charcoal R-Design Nubuck & Nappa Leather Upholstery Seats hold up? I would prefer a 20" option on the Rims, apparently the cost of replacement for tires varies greatly with the sizes.
      I can't speak to the XC60, but I have a 2017 XC90 R with those seats and they're still pristine 11 months later.

    19. #52
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      1,222
      And we have kids.

    20. #53
      Quote Originally Posted by MattGoose View Post
      Thanks - that's very helpful.

      I had another post here that might be waiting in mod queue - but the OSD paperwork appears to show the the 4C suspension is part of Inscription package?

      http://www.flyvolvo.com/XC60MY18.pdf
      That is incorrect. Air suspension is not included with the Inscription package on the 2018 XC60. This will be corrected with the next Volvo Overseas Delivery 2018 XC60 specification guide. Air suspension is only available as a individual option for $1,800.
      William

      Go on a Journey for Life...
      " See Sweden by Volvo "
      Click ^^ to take first step

    21. #54
      Quote Originally Posted by Triniguy2 View Post
      I am thinking of the XC60 but does anyone know the lead time now for OSD?
      I've submitted some Overseas Delivery XC60 orders recently and the confirmations from the factory have come back with delivery dates in Sweden ranging from September 4, 2017 through September 19, 2017.
      William

      Go on a Journey for Life...
      " See Sweden by Volvo "
      Click ^^ to take first step

    22. #55
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Location
      Westchester, NY
      Posts
      44
      Quote Originally Posted by Triniguy2 View Post
      I am thinking of the XC60 but does anyone know the lead time now for OSD? I am also disappointed we can't get Bursting Blue, with full Leather seats! Does anyone know how well the Charcoal R-Design Nubuck & Nappa Leather Upholstery Seats hold up? I would prefer a 20" option on the Rims, apparently the cost of replacement for tires varies greatly with the sizes.
      We have both the XC90 and XC60 RD with those seats and 2 kids. The seats hold up well. It is a little pain to clean the areas of texture, but not a major issue not to get the RD.

    23. #56
      When you compare a loaded T8 xc60 to a loaded T8 xc90, inclusive of the dealer discounts off of MSRP on the xc90 T8's....it is difficult for me to make the move to the xc60.
      Its so difficult to get a "luxury" plug in hybrid suv with awd nowadays Maybe the xc40 will do the job.

    24. #57
      Quote Originally Posted by larrydeatl View Post
      Based on these prices, Volvo is not pursuing the "value" component over the Germans. BMW will be announcing their new X3 in June, I personally am going to be holding off on a XC60 pre-order until I see what BMW comes out with. I expected to pay for the XC60, but certainly not a few thousand less than the XC90.
      With the repackaging for 2018, XC90 prices will be quite a bit more as a result of the added standard equipment too.
      T Schroeder Jr
      Sales Manager, Bob Byers Volvo of Seattle
      2016 V60 Cross Country T5 AWD Platinum, Black/Blond and Black; 2017 S60 T5 AWD Dynamic, Onyx Black/Off-black

    25. #58
      Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
      That is incorrect. Air suspension is not included with the Inscription package on the 2018 XC60. This will be corrected with the next Volvo Overseas Delivery 2018 XC60 specification guide. Air suspension is only available as a individual option for $1,800.
      This is very useful and important info. Thanks. :-)

    26. #59
      Member Wayne T5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      Russell Twp, OH
      Posts
      6,955
      Is there any other difference between the T5 and T6 other than the motor?

      I priced up a T5 Momentum with Convenience, Vision, Heated Seats, metallic paint (denim blue) and 19 in. wheels at $46.3k for OSD - that's probably the direction I would be headed in.
      Past Volvos: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60RM, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD
      Present Garage: '16 MX5 Club, '95 854 T-5R, '05 V70RGT, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

    27. #60
      Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      Is there any other difference between the T5 and T6 other than the motor?

      I priced up a T5 Momentum with Convenience, Vision, Heated Seats, metallic paint (denim blue) and 19 in. wheels at $46.3k for OSD - that's probably the direction I would be headed in.
      Wheel size - the 19" wheels you put on your T5 Momentum are standard on the T6.

    28. #61
      Member Bmo Pete's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      N. Maryland
      Posts
      4,733
      Quote Originally Posted by snooze View Post
      When you compare a loaded T8 xc60 to a loaded T8 xc90, inclusive of the dealer discounts off of MSRP on the xc90 T8's....it is difficult for me to make the move to the xc60.
      Its so difficult to get a "luxury" plug in hybrid suv with awd nowadays Maybe the xc40 will do the job.
      If you don't need the third row seating and/or expanded cargo room in the XC90, the XC60 is the call. It is a more attractive design inside and out (subtle to some, but not to the trained eye), should perform better in all categories, and use less fuel to boot. The XC90 is really a big vehicle to manage around town. Discounts should be very good for this XC60 also, of course dependent on specific dealer and time of the year you purchase. With that said, we will probably opt for the XC90 because we need the extra room, but my wife is in love with this new XC60. We'll see.
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

    29. #62
      Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      If you don't need the third row seating and/or expanded cargo room in the XC90, the XC60 is the call. It is a more attractive design inside and out (subtle to some, but not to the trained eye), should perform better in all categories, and use less fuel to boot. The XC90 is really a big vehicle to manage around town. Discounts should be very good for this XC60 also, of course dependent on specific dealer and time of the year you purchase. With that said, we will probably opt for the XC90 because we need the extra room, but my wife is in love with this new XC60. We'll see.
      I do like 60 dash more than 90. And wife wants a smaller car. So 60 wins for us. We'll keep an old 7-seater for hauling more people when needed.
      Demanding for XC60 will be much higher than XC90, as usual as in past. and production volume is still unknown.
      So I guess maybe need to wait 2 years for some decent discount.

      If you do need the third row, XC90 is the choice.
      However if you are looking between XC90 T5 and XC60, it is really just the style different. and XC90 T5 probably is cheaper with discount.

    30. #63
      Thanks, I think that sealed it for me! I will get the R-Design, but well I will wait until December for OSD, Sept won't work for my kids!
      2016 XC60 New White Pearl, Loaded
      2007 178K Miles XC70 My 4th!
      2006 45K Miles S60 Rescued from Katrina! Sold
      2003 74K Miles XC90 T6 AWD 18" Nautic Blue, Nav, Loaded! Color Coded !!
      1995 122K Miles 960 SW Everything Works! Sold!

    31. #64
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Location
      Westchester, NY
      Posts
      44
      Anyone have information on the port installed accessories yet? Wondering if we can get those dual tailpipes and polestar the T8 at the port
      2016 XC90 T6 R-Design
      2015.5 XC60 T6 R-Design

    32. #65
      Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
      That is incorrect. Air suspension is not included with the Inscription package on the 2018 XC60. This will be corrected with the next Volvo Overseas Delivery 2018 XC60 specification guide. Air suspension is only available as a individual option for $1,800.
      Hi William,

      Today I looked the updated OSD options list dated 5/30 and "Air suspension with Active chassis, Four-C (standard on T8)" is still standard in T8 inscription. Is this correct understanding?

      Thanks, it is a quite important thing for my decision.

    33. #66
      Global Moderator GrecianVolvo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2001
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      37,087
      Quote Originally Posted by goVolvo View Post
      Hi William,

      Today I looked the updated OSD options list dated 5/30 and "Air suspension with Active chassis, Four-C (standard on T8)" is still standard in T8 inscription. Is this correct understanding?

      Thanks, it is a quite important thing for my decision.
      I think it is wrong. 4C air suspension is optional on all trim levels, in all 3 power-trains (T5, T6 and T8).
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

    34. #67
      Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      I think it is wrong. 4C air suspension is optional on all trim levels, in all 3 power-trains (T5, T6 and T8).
      So you think the updated (on 5/30) OSD option list with the green note below need another update?

      Well, on volvocars.com/us, this option is listed as "4-Corner Air Suspension (Required for T8 Inscription) $1800", clearly means $1800 extra, and must be added for T8 Inscription. This is exact the opposite to "Standard on T8 Inscription" (means $0) in the OSD list. So seems like all T8 Inscription will be built with air suspension in factory. Just the prices on US config site and OSD list are controversial. Was the OSD list supposed to say "Required on T8 Inscription"? But Air Suspension is clearly listed/covered in the "Inscription" trim list. Maybe both places should say "Required on T8 Inscription and price is $1800", instead of "Standard".

      Any one would call for clarification? Or OSD T8 Inscription orders will all need to be double checked later.

      Last edited by goVolvo; 06-01-2017 at 12:32 PM.

    35. #68
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2005
      Location
      Westchester, NY
      Posts
      44
      I was also playing around with the build of a xc60 T8 and it let me add active suspension without the convienence package. Something change?

    36. #69
      Another question about the updated May 30 OSD order sheet. Under the interior color combination table on page 6, there's a new double asterisk footnote that says the default steering wheel, which is blond/charcoal for the two blond interiors, will change to "Charcoal on Momentum and if option 489 or 869 is ordered." See below:



      Options 489 and 869 are the sport and heated steeling wheel, respectively. This is a conjunctive statement - Momentum AND sport/heated steering wheel will get you the all black wheel with the blond interiors. So does that mean any non-Momentum trim with the sport/heated wheel will get the two tone blond/charcoal wheel? Because that's how it's written at the moment. Or does the footnote mean to say "Charcoal on Momentum OR if sport/heated steering wheel is ordered." Because that's what I thought - ordering either the sport or heated wheel with ANY trim with the blond interiors would give you the all-black wheel. Can anyone clarify the footnote is accurate as written and only Momentum+sport/heated gives you black wheel with the blond interiors?

    37. #70
      Quote Originally Posted by ddarko View Post
      Another question about the updated May 30 OSD order sheet. Under the interior color combination table on page 6, there's a new double asterisk footnote that says the default steering wheel, which is blond/charcoal for the two blond interiors, will change to "Charcoal on Momentum and if option 489 or 869 is ordered." See below:



      Options 489 and 869 are the sport and heated steeling wheel, respectively. This is a conjunctive statement - Momentum AND sport/heated steering wheel will get you the all black wheel with the blond interiors. So does that mean any non-Momentum trim with the sport/heated wheel will get the two tone blond/charcoal wheel? Because that's how it's written at the moment. Or does the footnote mean to say "Charcoal on Momentum OR if sport/heated steering wheel is ordered." Because that's what I thought - ordering either the sport or heated wheel with ANY trim with the blond interiors would give you the all-black wheel. Can anyone clarify the footnote is accurate as written and only Momentum+sport/heated gives you black wheel with the blond interiors?
      Seems to me any sport/heated steering wheel is charcoal. This makes sense, as two-tone steering wheel probably cannot be heated.
      Only non-heated, blonde seats interior (in Momentum or Inscription trim) will get the two-tone steering wheel.

      Read again, the green foot note probably means, Momentum only gets charcoal steering wheel also. So the two-tone steering wheel is only available for Inscription non-heated blonde seats (without luxury package).
      The "and" there really means "case 1" and "case 2", not "condition 1" and "condition 2". So it can be a "or" to be exact.
      Last edited by goVolvo; 06-01-2017 at 12:17 PM.

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast