SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

2018 xc60 msrp

14K views 103 replies 39 participants last post by  goVolvo 
#1 ·
XC60 T5 AWD $41,500
XC60 T6 AWD $44,900
XC60 T8 Twin Engine $52,900

Very good values considering standard equipment levels.

#2 ·
How about throwing out the options/packaging pricing. Granted $41,500 is a great start but for a Volvo its all about the packaging.

#3 · (Edited)
Standard equipment is good, but nowhere near what I'd like in my car.

How about throwing out the options/packaging pricing. Granted $41,500 is a great start but for a Volvo its all about the packaging.
Add about $6-10K and that's the price :)

#11 ·
Not loving how the options are bundled - basically have to get all 4 packages because each has one thing I consider a must (at least on R-design). And where's the bursting blue?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 · (Edited)
Hmm, bursting blue wasn't showing up on the RD configurator on my mobile. Is it exclusive to T6 and higher? I was pricing a T5.

Update: that does appear to be the case - not an option on T5 but does show up on T6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
2018 XC60 R-Design T6 AWD - $44,800 base price
  • Passion Red - $0.00
  • 21" Double Open Spoke Matte Black Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels w/Summer Tires - $1,000
  • Advanced Package (requires Vision Pkg) - $1,900
  • Vision Package - $1,100
  • Convenience Package - $2,000
  • Bowers & Wilkins Premium Sound System - $3,200
  • 4-Corner Air Suspension (Requires Convenience Package) - $1,800

2018 XC60 R-Design T8 AWD Plug-in Hybrid - $56,200 base price
  • Bursting Blue Metallic - $595
  • 21" Double Open Spoke Matte Black Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels w/Summer Tires - $1,000

#20 ·
Inscription ones are too expensive, IMO, for the equipment it comes with.

Fully loaded T6 Momentum (the way I'd want to equip it for my wife) would be $56,840 and that's still missing the 4C suspension...
It's just too expensive, I feel like.

Maybe the lease deals in a year will be good enough, but as of right now - nuh uh.

#22 ·
I'm struggling to get to a feature by feature comparison without a ton of work but the "loaded" Q5 is comparable to the T5, due to the drivetrain, so I'm seeing the T5 about 10% cheaper than the Q5. And the SQ5 is maybe the same price as the T8, with no hybrid option. And none of the Audis have an 8 speed transmission, if you're into that. Oh, and the XC60 is bigger.

But yeah, at this price point, Volvo used to be more like 15-20% cheaper. Let's talk when the Q5 platform supports hybrid.

#27 ·
Expensive!?!

Is anyone else a bit disappointed by the pricing here?

I need to find out more about the differences between the Momentum and Inscription (Nav and Instrument Panel included on Inscription, anything else?) Is there a link that helps?

The pricing difference against the XC90 is just much less than I was hoping. The Convenience Package is a must have for me, but other than that I just want to change the paint color.

XC90 Momentum - $56,490
XC60 Inscription - $52,290
XC60 Momentum - $48,690

Without doing the math, I'm about 90% certain I could lease an XC90 for the same as the XC60 Inscription given that there is some flexibility on the MSRP for XC90 and that MF is probably going to be much better (at least for the first few months).

Pricing is right on top of the Q5, and I can get the Bang & Olufsen stereo upgrade for $950 as opposed to the $3k!!!! for the B&W.

I'm disappointed. I think Volvo is getting a bit greedy here with their pricing. They want to play with the big boys, but I'm not sure they can command the same premium. The XC90 prices out a few grand below the Q7.

I don't know. I was really looking forward to this. Unless the lease and residuals are good out of the gate, I think people are going to have a hard time swallowing the pricing.

#33 ·
Here's what I found when reviewing the specs

Vented Massage Seats available (at extra cost)
Chrome accents
Different Tailpipes
4 zone climate
Fog lights
12" display
Leather FOB
Navigation
Driftwood inlays
Different Grille

Is anyone else a bit disappointed by the pricing here?

I need to find out more about the differences between the Momentum and Inscription (Nav and Instrument Panel included on Inscription, anything else?) Is there a link that helps?

#31 · (Edited)
There are times when I think Volvos are getting too expensive. My 2003 XC90 FWD was only $39,455 with wheels and a few packages (retail). But I forget that the price of all cars is up. When you compare a loaded Momentum or Inscription T5 (no luxury seats, BW or air susp.) you are around $51.4-52.6K. A prestige Q5 with cold weather and adaptive cruise pkg is $53,675. A GLC with much of the same options is $56,025. Even the very aging RDX with no pano roof or heated rear seats/wheel is $44,795. So from that perspective Volvos are priced aggressively. Content for content I think they are priced better than those I mentioned. Throw in the OSD pricing and it looks even better.

#32 · (Edited)
2018 XC60 R-Design T6 AWD - $44,800 base price
  • Passion Red - $0.00

This one in Crystal White for me! Thanks Chris!;)

#34 · (Edited)
Yeah, $60k without hybrid? Pass.

*Wait a minute. $44,800 plus $11k in options is only $55,800...

#36 ·
Yeah, Volvo is dreaming. They won't get market share with these prices and no add-ons. The early buyers will overpay through 2017 end. By Spring 2018 we'll see discounts and package deals and extended maintenance free programs. Only idiots would buy at this price in 2017, myself likely included since lease on old model ends in November 2017. :p

#39 ·
I don't know, they seem to be doing quite well. I'm surprised what people pay. The 90's are selling well and many of them are in $60s. Once the XC40s come out more people will be drawn to Volvo. We've been in Volvos since 2001 and through the lean on years. I'm happy they are doing well and hope it continues. We started paperwork today on OSD XC60 and have plans for XCforty in a few years.

#37 ·
Disappointed in pricing. The spread between the V90CC is just not very significant. Pricing is still below a comparable equipped X3, but BMWs lease really well compared to Volvos. I am hoping I am really impressed when I eventually take test drive. I agree with the sentiment of waiting, and not buying/leasing this year.

#38 ·
...but BMWs lease really well compared to Volvos.
That is an incorrect statement.

A $42,700 X3 leases at $389/mo with $4,300 due at signing.
A $43,000 XC60 leases at $329/mo with $4,000 due at signing.

I think it is abundantly clear which car leases better. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.