Trunk Opens When I Turn Off the Ignition Key
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Trunk Opens When I Turn Off the Ignition Key

I own a 2006, S40, T5 AWD (150k miles) and every time I turn off the key, when the car is running, or from the number II ignition switch position (without the car running), the trunk opens. Furthermore, I cannot open the trunk with the button on the key fob; all the other buttons on the key fob work fine, I have put a new battery in the key fob as well. Does anyone have a clue as to why this would be happening? Thanks in advance for any advise you can provide.

Tom

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Do you pull on the trunk lid (switch) while holding the button? Pretty sure this is how it works as it's not a trunk that pops.
      Garage Queen - 2010 C30 R-Design Vrooooooom
      Daily - 2016 V60 T5 Drive-E Vrooooooom
      Zichrona Livracha - 2004.5 S40 T5

There have been a couple threads on this recently but I don't think anyone has found a solution yet.

Guess this is just a quirk of the P1.
      2007 S40 T5 AWD

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My trunk used to open randomly, until it stopped working and I wasn't able to open it anymore . I replaced the wiring harness, and its been working fine ever since. I believe there's a write up in the stickies.

tangential question, but when i press the trunk key on my key fob should the trunk kick up like most cars? because mine stays closed shut but turns off the alarm for the trunk to open

oh wait disregard that i barely read the whole thread lol. apparently it does not

Thanks for the information. Also, what are the "stickies" and where/how do I find them?

Also note that when you lock your glovebox, it will disable your trunk unlock for valet reasons. I found out the hard way
      2007 S40 T5 AWD with Dynamic Trim/Fogs.
      Mods:
      Custom Catback 2.5" straight-pipe dual exhaust with chrome tips, Elevate Cone Intake w/ ECU Mount, E-Focus mount, Dr Jonez Stability Control Mod
      Cosmetic: OEM Aluminum Roof Racks, 35% Tint, Yellow Painted Calipers, Prancing Moose Decals, Custom Sweden Euro Plate with 'Need4Swede'

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements