2018 S90 OSD is real and prices are live
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2018 S90 OSD is real and prices are live

While checking on OSD today, I noticed that Volvo has updated the OSD to reflect 2018 models available. Included are the S90 and V90. This is incredible!
      2004 VW Phaeton; 2016 Hyundai Sonata PHEV; Considering replacing Phaeton with the S90.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Where are the OSD S90L's built and delivered?
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      Where are the OSD S90L's built and delivered?
      S90's ordered through the Overseas Delivery program will be direct shipped to the selling retailer from China. Customers can choose to use a Volvo in Europe for UP TO 7 DAYS or receive extra complimentary nights. ALL S90's are now produced in China.
      T Schroeder Jr
      Sales Manager, Bob Byers Volvo of Seattle
      2016 V60 Cross Country T5 AWD Platinum, Black/Blond and Black; 2017 S60 T5 AWD Dynamic, Onyx Black/Off-black

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

T Schroeder Jr, Since a person is not picking up their new Volvo at Gothenburg, is there a limit on when the travel to Europe is taken? I want to order mine sooner rather than later, but not travel to Sweden until July 2018. Is that possible? I'm told that the previous rule was a person would need to travel within 6 months of the deposit date. Not sure if this is a dealer-decided decision, but I was told the $2K deposit has gone to $4K. (no biggie).
      2004 VW Phaeton; 2016 Hyundai Sonata PHEV; Considering replacing Phaeton with the S90.

Quote Originally Posted by T Schroeder View Post
      S90'sordered through the Overseas Delivery program will be direct shipped to the selling retailer from China. Customers can choose to use a Volvo in Europe for UP TO 7 DAYS or receive extra complimentary nights. ALL S90's are now produced in China.
      Kinda takes the magic out of the OSD experience of taking delivery of your new car at the factory in Sweden. I trust the buyer still gets the free Swedish meatball lunch plate by way of compensation. IAE, VCC still gets to pocket the profit on the sale to which the dealer would otherwise be entitled...
      Current: 2017 S90 T5 FWD, Mussel Blue/Blonde, Inscription, Vision, Climate, Convenience, B&W, HUD, Leather Dash, 20" Rims
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD, Seashell/Beige, Platinum, BLIS/CTA, Front Seat Heat, 18" Titania Rims, Urbane Wood Trim
      Past: 2012 XC70 T6 AWD; 2012 S60 T5; 2010 V70 3.2; 2008 S40 T5; 2007 V50 T5; 1981 245 DL

Quote Originally Posted by volvobuff View Post
      Kinda takes the magic out of the OSD experience of taking delivery of your new car at the factory in Sweden. I trust the buyer still gets the free Swedish meatball lunch plate by way of compensation. IAE, VCC still gets to pocket the profit on the sale to which the dealer would otherwise be entitled...
      Not sure I understand. The retailer still handles the transaction, whether the car is directly shipped or the customer picks up the car from Europe...
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

I was wondering if they will still include a factory tour.

Does anyone have questions about the quality of the 1st China-built S90s coming off the line? I am torn between wanting to get it right away, but also don't want to be part of the initial learning curve either. I mean, I know that almost the entire car will have no changes from 2017, but the factory workers would be new to assembling this. In fact, I suspect the entire factory has not produced anything before the 2018 S90..... so, helpful hints are greatly appreciated!!

There shouldn't be a learning curve, and quality control on the opening of the factory for the S60L was pretty good. It is a small additional risk, but I'd take it if I was in your position and anxious to get the car. You're unlikely the be disappointed.
      Fairwell Tour: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HFS [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Daily Driver: 2017 V90 T6 AWD XC | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience B&W HUD 4C+Rear Air Suspension Polestar[Long-Term Review & Microblog Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

Are the new XC90's being made in India for the US market? Or for India exclusively?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=christopher.moor;5413289]Are the new XC90's being made in India for the US market? Or for India exclusively?

The article I read is for Indian consumption only.
      The old - 2001 S60 totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family.
      2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige
      2015 Genesis Monticito Blue/Grey can't return fast enough
      2018 XC60 OSD fall 2017 - Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      There shouldn't be a learning curve, and quality control on the opening of the factory for the S60L was pretty good. It is a small additional risk, but I'd take it if I was in your position and anxious to get the car. You're unlikely the be disappointed.
      Thanks. That does lessen my concerns. You can even go when the plant is shut down and they offer the Brand Experience Tour. That time of year (July-August) would seem more ideal for me. I admit to not knowing how to drive in snow or ice. There just isn't enough of it (or any of it) where I live, which is on the coast, about 1/2 between San Jose and LA.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaetonTim View Post
      I was wondering if they will still include a factory tour.
      Yes, there will be provided you do not go when the factory is closed for the annual maintenance/summer vacation shut down. During that time, the factory tour is substituted w/ the Brand Experience Center tour (which is also amazing).

Does anyone have questions about the quality of the 1st China-built S90s coming off the line? I am torn between wanting to get it right away, but also don't want to be part of the initial learning curve either. I mean, I know that almost the entire car will have no changes from 2017, but the factory workers would be new to assembling this. In fact, I suspect the entire factory has not produced anything before the 2018 S90..... so, helpful hints are greatly appreciated!!
      Factories go in production mode several months before "job 1"; that period is used to make sure all machines are full calibrated to the types of cars being produced, solve any production line issues that may arise, ensure smooth flow of parts/supplies to the line, etc. It is a very well orchestrated environment.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      Factories go in production mode several months before "job 1"; that period is used to make sure all machines are full calibrated to the types of cars being produced, solve any production line issues that may arise, ensure smooth flow of parts/supplies to the line, etc. It is a very well orchestrated environment.
      Thank you so much. Since joining this web site, I have enjoyed your posts. I come from vwvortex web site, which is a real boon to Phaeton owners like myself. Even better for those that choose to work on them themselves (not me). I can't wait to write my post about ordering, about delivery, and about my OSD experience, which will truly prove I belong to this great site.

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements