SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Which R-Design: V90 T6 or XC60 T8?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Teleman 
#1 · (Edited)
V90 T6 MSRP = $55,950
XC60 T8 MSRP = $56,200 (minus $4585 tax credit) equals $51,650

I'll take the 400HP option!

Plus with the available 4-wheel air suspension you can get the ride height down close to the wagon.

IMO, this illustrates how Volvo is not really serious about moving wagons.

#2 ·
IMO, you have illustrated why wagons aren't moving. :p

#3 ·
Order a V90 Polestar
I can guarantee that you may never pass another on the road as there will be a literal handful in the US.
The hp is upped to close to 350 and it is lighter than an XC90 so the speed difference is pretty close!
It will run rings around it, handling wise too.

#4 ·
V90 T6 MSRP = $55,950
XC60 T8 MSRP = $56,200 (minus $7500 tax credit) equals $48700

Plus with the available 4-wheel air suspension you can get the ride height down close to the wagon.

It's rear air suspension in the S90, V90 and V90CC only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I'd be surprised if they were. Specs are 330hp and 325lb-ft of torque with the Polestar tune, at least for the Cross Country.

#7 · (Edited)
The Federal Tax Credit is $4585 for the XC90 T8 and just asked my dealer here in NJ and he said the XC60 T8 will be $4585.; only EV cars qualify for the full $7500 tax credit. Sadly NJ doesn't look to offer any other credits for having Plug-In Hybrids, just EZ-Pass discount for bridges/tolls.

#12 ·
You'e right - I edited my post to reflect this. Still the XC60 T8 is less expensive.

I do like the stance better on the V90 but since the wagon only has air suspension in the rear (no actual ride height adjustment) and the XC60 is all four corners (actually can adjust ride height) I bet the actual ride heights are fairly close with the air suspension option on its lowest setting on the XC60.

#13 ·
Does anyone know the actual ride heights of the V90cc vs XC60 without air suspension option? And what the range of ride heights is with air suspension. I have a preference for the V90 but am not willing to pay a large price premium. But, I am concerned about the handling of the XC60, and while ride height is certainly not the only parameter that matters, it still is important.

#8 ·
To be specific for the curious: "the credit is equal to $2,500 plus, for a vehicle which draws propulsion energy from a battery with at least 5 kilowatt hours of capacity, $417, plus an additional $417 for each kilowatt hour of battery capacity in excess of 5 kilowatt hours. The total amount of the credit allowed for a vehicle is limited to $7,500." - Link

#9 ·
To be specific for the curious: "the credit is equal to $2,500 plus, for a vehicle which draws propulsion energy from a battery with at least 5 kilowatt hours of capacity, $417, plus an additional $417 for each kilowatt hour of battery capacity in excess of 5 kilowatt hours. The total amount of the credit allowed for a vehicle is limited to $7,500." - Link
Here is the link for every car with its max Federal and here is the link for each states additional credits.

#11 ·
V90 T6 MSRP = $55,950
XC60 T8 MSRP = $56,200 (minus $7500 tax credit) equals $48700

Yes, the new XC60 T8 option hands down. The V90 needed to be bigger, cheaper (in T8 guise), and have the four corner air option, to compare favorably. A V90 P* version would make a difference, but then for how much in T8? $80K+?

#14 · (Edited)
Ground clearance:

V90 Cross Country = 8.3 inches
XC60 Steel Suspension = 8.5 inches
XC60 Air Suspension = 8.2 inches

Don't know what the range is for the air suspension.

With its slightly shorter wheelbase and higher center of gravity (4.5" higher at roof, not sure which suspension that is), I doubt the XC60 will handle as well as the V90 CC. Volvo has made it clear that this is a luxury crossover and that it does not try to be a sports car. But the V90 CC isn't a sports car either. I doubt either will leave someone looking for a comfortable ride wanting more in the handling department. Some prototype reviews are starting to surface, I'd check those out.

#15 ·
It seems we have to be resigned to paying more for wagons in this country. Just seems to be the way it is, and it makes sense given the much lower volumes. That tax break is pretty significant, but I don't think the XC60 and V90 either R or CC are at all comparable. Apart from better handling of the wagon, the V90 is significantly larger inside, better rear leg room, and a level up in overall luxury. XC60 looks like an awesome crossover, but it's still got all the compromises of any crossover/suv. All depends what you really want, and whether you want to shell out for the US wagon premium. I did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.