Whole car shakes at idle and low speeds
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Whole car shakes at idle and low speeds

Hi there,

I own a 2007 S60 2.5t AWD and last night all of a sudden while driving I turned into my neighborhood and as soon as I completed the turn I noticed an automatic vibration as soon as I press the pedal. I thought the road was rough so i waited 2 seconds and pressed again but sure enough, it vibrated the vehicle again. It only happens at low speeds, for example if i were to coast at 70-ish MPH the vibrating wouldn't occur. The CEL this morning started blinking for 5 seconds and stopped after that. Could it be a low voltage problem? I've also seen upper and lower torque mounts could be causing the problem.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I doubt the motor mounts would be causing your CEL to blink. Have the codes read and report back.
      Current - 2006 S60 2.5t AWD (For Sale), 1996 855 Platinum (For Sale)

I'm going to say electrical. Plugs? Coils? When did you change these last? What the mileage on the car?
      My initials - IPD - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      I'm going to say electrical. Plugs? Coils? When did you change these last? What the mileage on the car?
      I concur with this. On my old '01 S40 (and should happen with our cars as well) this is one of the main symptoms you'll encounter with a misfire situation. Check and/or replace your plugs. If it persists, then check your coils. When this happens if you're able to, get a code scanner or keep one handy and DON'T shut off the car. It should appear as a pending code in your ECU if you are hitting a misfire that is not consistently happening. Good luck!
      2004 S60 2.5T - Stock for now...

I'm gonna read the codes when I get home tonight I'll let you guys know what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Classic coil failure symptoms.

Yup, sounds like a bad coil.
      David - '01 S60 T5 GT 177K+ miles OWNED SINCE DAY ONE - Bilstein Sport + TME, ipd sway bar + endlinks, UR chassis braces (upper F+R), Powerslot /Akebono pads, Snabb Intake, HD coils, iMIV Original engine, transmission replaced at 79k miles
      Wife -'13 C30 T5 R-Design Dad - '98 S70 T5 160K + miles, Bilstein TCs, IPD HD rear springs, SAS delete Mom -'10 S80 V8 Executive Sis - '02 S80 T6 Backup car -'13 S60 T5

P0300, p0304, p0305...

Cylinder misfires, will be taking it into a friends shop tomorrow morning to look into it a little more. I think you guys are right coils are probably what's causing it. I will keep you updated on what happens tomorrow

If you replace any, I'd recommend replacing all of them at once.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Costly, but true. Kinda like brushing half your teeth. What's the point?
      Quote Originally Posted by Phixion View Post
      If you replace any, I'd recommend replacing all of them at once.
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

Haha, fair enough I'm still at the shop I'm replacing coils and all 5 plugs. Hopefully that solves my issue, will keep you guys updated I appreciate the help!

Car is in perfect working condition now thanks for the help and advice

Great to hear, glad you got the issue solved!

I love hearing that! Good to know it is right again! Your car will probably get better fuel mileage now.

17. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements