SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

C70 rotor diameter

8K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Sysyphus61 
#1 ·
I need to replace the front brake pads on our 2010 C70 (auto, T5) and need to know the rotor diameter without measuring the originals? I see they can be 300mm or 320mm.

Will the VIN offer any clues?

#6 ·
Thanks!

Based on the pictures, I need the 320MM set. I am looking online and I see sets with a cable (thickness sensor I presume) and sets without a cable. Without tearing into mine, any idea if we need the cable/sensor?

#4 ·
Try just looking at the gaps between the disc and the wheel front and back. If the gap on the front wheel is smaller (disc bigger) it's 320, if it's the same size it's 300

#8 ·
Well pardon me, I was just trying to be helpful. I was actually typing my reply at the same time you were posting yours, went to the garage to look at mine and verify that the difference is quite obvious. Didn't see your answer until after I had posted mine.

#9 ·
If you want to give me your VIN, I can confirm for sure.

Your Canadian source for Original Volvo Parts and Accessories: Parts.VolvoPointeClaire.com

#10 ·
all ready to replace the front brakes and now I see that Volvo uses torx screws to hold the calibers. What torx socket size do I need to remove the calipers?

#11 · (Edited)
I bought a 3 piece set of Lisle brand torx bit sockets at oriellys auto parts. The part number is 27740 and it's called a brake caliper torx bit set containing a t40 t45 and t50. I can only see evidence of useage on the t50, although I thought I'd used these on something else too. I believe I used that for rotor but it could have been on another vehicle. The pins for the calipers are Allen/hex.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.