Where are XC90 Excellence Owners on this Forum?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

I could be wrong, but I haven't, thus far, seen anyone complaining about any issues experienced in their Volvo Excellence model.

Does it mean:
      1. Their car is a better build than ours? Or
      2. Are they complaining in silence away from plebs like us? Or
      3. Are they lumping their issues with general T8 owners'? Or
      4. They are not members on this Forum.

Are there any Excellence owners in the house? Let's hear from you please, about your experiences.
      ------
      T8 Inscription - With almost all bells and whistles, bar leather on dash and upper fascia - Regretting not having them

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Have any been actually sold?

Chauffeurs don't have time to go on forums...

Also, the Excellence models are all 2017 and later so aren't likely to have the problems that beset the 2016 models

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Most dealers in my neck of the woods still have a black Excellence in their showroom with a $20K+ discount and still sitting. Side note: That chrome door pillar trim is so nasty! It reminds me of Pep Boys so much.

Quote Originally Posted by tillsbury View Post
      Chauffeurs don't have time to go on forums...
      Why are you killing me with stomach muscle pain inducing laughter this late night here in the bundus of Africa :-)
      ------
      T8 Inscription - With almost all bells and whistles, bar leather on dash and upper fascia - Regretting not having them

There a white one sitting at the dealer for $106k. It's been sitting there for some time..I think it's gorgeous minus the chrome B, and C pillars. I also think it looks better with a black grill to contrast the white.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
      3/2017 Savile Grey T6 Momentum
      95 E36 M3
      Gone QX60, 2013 Pathfinder, 94 Supra TT 6Speed, 94 Supra TT Auto

Quote Originally Posted by m95c View Post
      There a white one sitting at the dealer for $106k. It's been sitting there for some time..I think it's gorgeous minus the chrome B, and C pillars. I also think it looks better with a black grill to contrast the white.
      Yeah, that chrome B & C PILLARS is a total turn off for me too. Why did Volvo not rather choose piano gloss black at worst?

And to the comment about chauffeurs not having time to go on forums: I think they should come on forums because what do they do when the bosses are in meetings and they are waiting outside? That's when they must check what we go through and advise their bosses never to downgrade to our models, lest they experience our challenges
      Last edited by Seti; 05-19-2017 at 04:37 PM. Reason: correction
      ------

Wonder how many have been sold stateside...

95 E36 M3

The Excellence is aimed at the Chinese market. There also seems to be two different models: the three and four seater.

Besides, would you be here if you had an Excellence?

Quote Originally Posted by TerrySheehan View Post
      Have any been actually sold?
      All the ones by me have been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by jo_nathan View Post
      All the ones by me have been sold.
      At least they are moving

95 E36 M3

Quote Originally Posted by Another Volvo View Post
      The Excellence is aimed at the Chinese market. There also seems to be two different models: the three and four seater.

Besides, would you be here if you had an Excellence?
      How does a 3 seater work? No front passenger seat or what? I bet this is the fugliest Volvo interior ever made
      ------

Quote Originally Posted by Seti View Post
      How does a 3 seater work? No front passenger seat or what? I bet this is the fugliest Volvo interior ever made
      No front passenger seat, but instead a footstool. Take a look online, looks better than it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Volvo View Post
      No front passenger seat, but instead a footstool. Take a look online, looks better than it sounds.
      IMHO, it would have been better they leave the front seat intact but allow the rear seat to slide as far back as to where the 3rd row seats were, then they can have an electrically operated foot rest so the rear seat works and looks like a lazyboy chair.

Maybe even then, the rear seat would recline to near 180 degrees to give the bossman real rest from a long drive from the airport :-)
      ------

That extra 30-40k for the Excellence isn't adding much value. Indeed that will be the depreciation in the first year alone for anyone buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by stick_shift View Post
      That extra 30-40k for the Excellence isn't adding much value. Indeed that will be the depreciation in the first year alone for anyone buying one.
      Considering they have saved some costs in removing the 2 rear seat + 1 middle seat, why the extra 40K? Why not 10K or so as the fridge, glass cover behind the rear seat and extra cushioning in the seats can somehow be compensated by the missing 3rd row and middle seats?

10K would be for the fugly chrome on B & C pillars :-)
      ------

Considering they have saved some costs in removing the 2 rear seat + 1 middle seat, why the extra 40K? Why not 10K or so as the fridge, glass cover behind the rear seat and extra cushioning in the seats can somehow be compensated by the missing 3rd row and middle seats?

10K would be for the fugly chrome on B & C pillars :-)
      Look at it this way.

There are really no options on it, so it's fully loaded. So compare to msrp of a fully loaded t8 which is around 80k. Msrp is 105k. So that's a 25k difference.

It uses front seats as the rears which are much more expensive, all power adjustable, vented, massage, etc. so that's some of the difference. Fridge, glass, extra control panel, tray tables, and costs involved with running a niche production are some more of the difference. Then, yeah, chrome and luxury tax for being rich.

I can't see them doing that for 10k over a full spec t8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current:
      Linnéa: 2017 Osmium Grey XC90 T8 R-Design Vision/Climate/Conv/Air/B&W/Booster
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by partridge View Post
      Look at it this way.

There are really no options on it, so it's fully loaded. So compare to msrp of a fully loaded t8 which is around 80k. Msrp is 105k. So that's a 25k difference.

It uses front seats as the rears which are much more expensive, all power adjustable, vented, massage, etc. so that's some of the difference. Fridge, glass, extra control panel, tray tables, and costs involved with running a niche production are some more of the difference. Then, yeah, chrome and luxury tax for being rich.

I can't see them doing that for 10k over a full spec t8.
      You've got a point there.

Now if only it had an S60 Polestar engine in there + electric motor to leave all other Volvo's ever made behind, it would have been many despotic dictator's first choice automobile to safely plan their next cruelty mission to oppress their "subjects".

Now it'll be mainly for the gridlocked Chinese tycoons wanting a safe passage to their posh offices through the sunlight inhibiting smog infested atmosphere.
      ------

Now it'll be mainly for the gridlocked Chinese tycoons wanting a safe passage to their posh offices through the sunlight inhibiting smog infested atmosphere.
      Oh. Forgot that in addition to IAQS it also has an air purification system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current:
      Linnéa: 2017 Osmium Grey XC90 T8 R-Design Vision/Climate/Conv/Air/B&W/Booster
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

I stopped by and looked at one locally. $105k sticker, selling for $79,999

Asked for lease price. Came back with $1,500 a month. Which, if they didn't do the cap cost off their current offering it is sticking to a ~53% residual. If they were using the advertised price as the cap cost, it would mean a 25% residual.

At 53% residual at $79k cap cost I excepted $800/m which I would have leased then and there.

I would have ordered one of these in a minute - from the first time I saw photos when it was announced at an auto show in China. My interest: a 4-seater. I will never use the third row in my current vehicle - and for those times when I do have four people in the vehicle ... be nice for them to have a seating experience like the front row.

When I was getting together my 2016 XC90 OSD order (May 2015) I asked about the Excellence ... no info / not possible to order.

Then I got the sticker shock: I didn't expect TENS of thousands of dollars up-charge. OK ... so it is more than just a couple of seats. I don't need the crystal and refridge. I'm surprised that Volvo can't come out with a 4-seater without the Excellence price.
      2016 XC90 T8 OSD
      Luminous Sand (719) with Agnes blond / charcoal (UC00) - HUD, wood steering wheel, dark flame birch, air suspension, B & W sound, convenience, vision
      previously: 2013 XC90 OSD - 2007 XC90 OSD - 1991 850

24. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements