SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Audi Q5 vs. X60

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  XC60 TN 
#1 ·
Anyone cross shopping the Q5. Looks like prices are very close for similarly equipped vehicle. Since I expect that the Audi will have better handling and re-sale, I am leaning toward the Q5. But, I am also looking for arguments in favor of the Volvo.

#4 · (Edited)
No need to get defensive; that is not what Stanley meant. You are asking this question on a VOLVO enthusiasts' site therefore expect to get VOLVO-biased answers. In the same manner, you ask this question on an Audi enthusiasts' site, you will get Audi-biased replies.

All are welcome to pose any questions and discuss topics, whether they are pro- or critical of Volvo.

However, if you want to look at some facts and dispel some of the incorrect perceptions you have re: Q5 vs XC60, you can go to Edmunds and run an analysis of a 5-yr ownership of a 2015 Q5 vs a 2015 XC60.

The Q5 2.0 has a total cost of ownership at $59,074 vs $43,770 for the XC60.
The 5-yr depreciation for the Q5 is $18,257 whereas the XC60's is $13,042
The fuel costs for the Q5 amount to $10,558 whereas the XC60 comes $1,500 less, at $9,004
The insurance cost for the Q5 is $7,088 while the XC60 saves you money at $5,893
The repairs for the Q5 are at $8,258 while the XC60 is at $4,490

VOLVO is no slouch when compared with other premium brands while it presents a better value overall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.