SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

What's the safest way to jack up a P80 onto four jack stands?

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Anthol 
#1 · (Edited)
I'd like to do this when doing my brakes (among other things), but I'm not sure how to go about it, and haven't found a definitive answer online.

#2 ·
I always put my jack under the factory lifting points, where the jack that comes with the car attaches. Then I'll put a jack stand under the subframe. Or if I'm working on the back I ll put one under the delta link mounting point. Or both if I'm keeping the whole side up in the air. I'll do the same for the other side. Then I'll keep the jack under a spot with no pressure on it, but right at touching under a good spot on which side I'm at. Front or back to be on the safe side

#4 ·
And one side then the other side, NOT front then rear or vice versa.

#7 ·
That's why JRL said "side". Use the central jacking point
in the middle of the car under the rocker panel. Chock the
far side tires, raise the jack side, place stands. Then go to
the other side and repeat. Poof - Flying car!

FWIW, I have a handfull of old hockey pucks that I top my
floor jack and jack stands with to keep things nice and grippy.
And I raise the car on flat, solid concrete VERY carefully.

#10 ·
+1 that whole thing can move.

#13 · (Edited)
The best way is to lift it from the sideways that are made from the factory for lifting the car. And after fixing it from the frame under the car with some lifters. After you can easily go under with a Toolschief and do everything you want. I have two flor jacks and four lifters so I can lift it with all wheels and it stands like a rock and never had a problem with that. I change wheels by myself, oil, filters, and many other small things. Even preparing for the winter I lift in and wash it and after put it in the garage for the whole cold season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.