SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Polestar Update

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  phillipu 
#1 ·
Yesterday when I picked up my XC90, I found out that there is a new version of Polestar coming. I was told it would be best to wait for the new version rather than installing the current version. They will call when the new version is available. First I heard of a new version of Polestar.

#4 ·
I thought the T8 polestar tune was coming out soon, July I think I read on here, maybe they were thinking the T8 tune?

And if there is in fact an improvement for the T6 tune I would think they'd upgrade previous Polestar tuned vehicles to the newest version. Not all too familiar with how this has worked in the past if the tunes did get upgrades over time.

#6 ·
No other details. It could be the T8 version. I will wait and see and in the meantime see how I like my XC90 without Polestar.

#8 ·
I reached out to Polestar to inquire about when the optimization would be available for MY2018 T5s. They replied saying Week 29 (mid July).

"New version" could be referring to 2018-compatible builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I also had a message from Polestar the end of May that said the T8 optimization will be released week 29 which appears to be the week of July 16th.

#10 ·
I wish we could pin down this post till July 16th as I'm definitely going to diarise this date and see what sort of changes this specific T8 Polestar will bring. I hope and pray that we get it for free or at worst, at some discount as we have the base Polestar. Maybe this one will optimise the electric motor usage so it can keep using the drive at higher speeds like pure electric cars do.

fingers crossed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.