Anygood Blow off Valves for my 2002 s60 t5?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Anygood Blow off Valves for my 2002 s60 t5?

Where could I get it?

Re: Anygood Blow off Valves for my 2002 s60 t5? (Anthony Palacpac)

Probably nowhere, there's not really any market for BOVs for the S60 since the stock bypass valve offers less turbo lag anyway.
      2002 Volvo S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust - 2:05 at BIR long course || 2006 Volvo S60R 6M Sonic Blue (RIP - saved my life) - 2:03.5 at BIR long course - 2:00 at BIR short course - Road Trip Pics - My HD Trackday Videos - Loud enough for ya? || 2007 Volvo S80 V8 (his), Barents Blue, 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 Volvo XC70 T6 (hers), Oyster Grey, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar

Re: Anygood Blow off Valves for my 2002 s60 t5? (Warpedcow)

just get one of these http://www.sunamiturbo.com/

Re: Anygood Blow off Valves for my 2002 s60 t5? (no_money)

If would be nice if there was a real blow off value alternative though, the stock blow off sound is very low.. The price we pay for these vehicles we should be able to have it loud if we want.

To each his own I suppose, but I'd like to really hear the turbo blow off

Re: Anygood Blow off Valves for my 2002 s60 t5? (stonep)

Quote, originally posted by stonep »
      If would be nice if there was a real blow off value alternative though, the stock blow off sound is very low.. The price we pay for these vehicles we should be able to have it loud if we want.

To each his own I suppose, but I'd like to really hear the turbo blow off

You don't hear the stock BOV "blow off" because there is not blow-off valve in these cars. It has a bypass-valve instead, which is better in that turbo lag is much less between shifts (basically it keeps some of the boost up). If you just want to hear the turbo more, get a BMC air filter or something like that.

2002 Volvo S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust - 2:05 at BIR long course || 2006 Volvo S60R 6M Sonic Blue (RIP - saved my life) - 2:03.5 at BIR long course - 2:00 at BIR short course - Road Trip Pics - My HD Trackday Videos - Loud enough for ya? || 2007 Volvo S80 V8 (his), Barents Blue, 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 Volvo XC70 T6 (hers), Oyster Grey, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar

Re: Anygood Blow off Valves for my 2002 s60 t5? (stonep)

The CBV you have, can be heard if you have an aftermarket air filter such as that provided by K&N or EST. You can hear the air sent back through the MAF and then out the air filter which is a similar, yet more subtle sound than a BOV, which vents to atmosphere. And as the others mentioned here, the CBV actually is better for reducing turbo lag.

One day I will inderstand the appeal of a lag inducing B.O.V.
      92 Talon TSi AWD. (11second headache)
      04 V70R GT (Heated seats FTW! !)