Another XCR Pic
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Thread: Another XCR Pic

Another XCR Pic

Okay, I redid the XCR. The other one was more playing around with what I might do to an XC should I own it. Not that this one is much different, but this one is made using elements of the Rs (introduced since I did the first image).

Here's the theory on an XCR. Volvo has done all the dev, certification and crash testing on the V70R. So, build an XC outfitted like an R, but with body-colored XC ground effects and, I'd recomend, a height adjustable suspension to make it comparable to the allroad.

The silver side cladding is ORE inspired.

I shared the idea with Volvo. We'll see what they think. If you like the idea and would consider buying one, post here. That doesn't mean they will build it, but if all the dev they have to do on the car is the suspension, I don't know why they wouldn't. The XC outsells the V70 by a significant margin. I wonder if that same percentage would carry over to the XCR. Regardless, I bet it'd get them a lot of press in the print mags.

Re: Another XCR Pic (George@Swedespeed)

what about the brushed aluminum roof rails, like the S4 Avant?

chris@swedespeed.com
      2006 V70R | 6MT | Electric Silver/Atacama | 3rd row | 18" Pegs | Kenwood DNX690HD with steering wheel controls
      2012 XC90 R-Design | NAV | RSE | 20" Cratus | Curt hitch

Now, you are "talkin'"...cool pic!

Yannis

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2015 V60 T5 Drive-E, BrightSilver w/ Beechwood/Black Sport leather Climate/ Platinum/Technology/BLIS/Park Pilot/Sport w/ 19" BOR,Connected Touch,FR CAMERA

Re: Another XCR Pic (GrecianVolvo)

D'oh!
      After looking at this XC, I have second thoughts on persuading my dad to get the T5.

Well done

Re: Another XCR Pic (83caddy16v)

quote:
      what about the brushed aluminum roof rails, like the S4 Avant?

Exactly! Looks great George, but brushed roof rails would be even better, for the final touch...

-Drew

Might be going overboard here....but to separate the XCR further from the V70R, how about some brushed aluminum mirror caps. Maybe try some 6 or 7 spoke style wheels....probably more in tune with the XC.

Great pic, George!

Re: Another XCR Pic

Looks sweet George. Definetely like it.

The brushed aluminum rack would look nice. Not sure how the silver pieces would look on a lighter color car though. But it does look sharp on black.

Ron

~~~~~
      Ron
      2000 V70R with some simple mods

Re: Another XCR Pic (B518T)

What do u think of this?

Just did some minor changes.

I know it sucks. My first few attempts at photoediting software.

Sorry if I broke any copyright issues.

[Modified by kianzzz, 5:15 PM 12-26-2002]

Re: Another XCR Pic (kianzzz)

Ver. 2 of my Volvo XCR-S AWD

[Modified by kianzzz, 9:49 PM 12-26-2002]

Great job kianzzz! Love both pics. I definetely like the silver looking roof rack much better than the black ones. Can't decide on which wheel color I like. I just like both of them.

Don't like the wheel size or the drop though. Not my liking, but that's just my personal opinion.

Ron

~~~~~
      Ron

Damn! Those are thin wheels! What are those? 245/5/20?

quote:
      Great job kianzzz! Love both pics. I definetely like the silver looking roof rack much better than the black ones. Can't decide on which wheel color I like. I just like both of them.
      Don't like the wheel size or the drop though. Not my liking, but that's just my personal opinion.

Ron

Thanks.

I redid one just for you

Probably my best creation so far..

[Modified by kianzzz, 12:40 PM 12-27-2002]

Re: Another XCR Pic (mike_c70)

quote:
      Damn! Those are thin wheels! What are those? 245/5/20?

Heheheheheh. More like 245/5/22
      Hey! Post a pix of your car! I wanna do some editing. Getting kinda hooked on this software

Another one. XC with Almathea Wheelies. 17" Probably.

I hope i'm not posting too much and sucking bandwith

LOL! Thanks! It's a bit too high now. I like them lowered but not slammed... You don't have to redo it for me though.

Like the new one with the Almathea rims.

Ron

~~~~~
      Ron

Hehe. I wish my dad would do that to his XC.

He MIGHT be getting an ECU and dual exhaust upgrade plus the rear spoiler for our XC

*fingers crossed*

Hey kianzz, do you mind if I eventually add those to our Fictional Volvos gallery? They're great.

BTW, for those wishing for the silver roof rails, it looks like some of the future special edition V70s will get them, so at least they'll be in the partsbin.

Isn't the last picture with the 18" Nebula's?

Thats the nicest one

quote:
      Hey kianzz, do you mind if I eventually add those to our Fictional Volvos gallery? They're great.

Sure sure! Go ahead!

Are you sure they are good enough!?

Positive. Thanks dude.