S70 T-5 5 SPEED QUESTION >>>>
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

S70 T-5 5 SPEED QUESTION >>>>

Does the Manual transmission cars have a bigger turbo or are they the same as the automatic cars ???? Also is the 5 speed much faster 0-60 and 1/4 miles than the automatic ??? If so how much faster or quicker ?? Thanks for any info. God Bless.

Re: S70 T-5 5 SPEED QUESTION >>>> (JDELUNA)

quote:
      Does the Manual transmission cars have a bigger turbo or are they the same as the automatic cars ????

No, they both have the same engine/turbocharger.

quote:
      Also is the 5 speed much faster 0-60 and 1/4 miles than the automatic ???

I, and some magazines, think that the 5-speed manual is quicker. As long as you know how to shift and at the right points, you can shave 0.2 to 0.5 secs from 0-60.

quote:
      God bless

We are all blessed; we drive Volvos!

Yannis

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2015 V60 T5 Drive-E, BrightSilver w/ Beechwood/Black Sport leather Climate/ Platinum/Technology/BLIS/Park Pilot/Sport w/ 19" BOR,Connected Touch,FR CAMERA

Re: S70 T-5 5 SPEED QUESTION

Yes the 5 speed should be faster. But when I drive my wifes 855 turbo (Auto) and mash the pedal, except for the initial startup, there's no turbo lag when its going (shifting) through the gears. I beat her when we impromptu race so my car is faster, but her car seems faster to my butt when driving it.