Check Engine Light/Code PO193/Question??
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Check Engine Light/Code PO193/Question??

Hey guys looking for some insight into this code?

I know it means /Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input\

So in Lamens terms, what needs to be replaced??

I'm going to take it into the dealership this Friday, and want to know what I'm talking about when I talk to my service advisor about it.

I did do some searching, but nothing definitive on what was actually replaced to get rid of the code

Thanks everyone

Hi

Replacing the fuel pressure sensor fixed the P0193 error code for me.

I had exactly the same problems as those explained in the Recall thread at the top of the forum. Your car may be covered by the recall..

My symptoms were the engine would stall randomly, hesitate when accelerating, and throw the P0193 DTC code...

Hope this helps

Phil

Re: (philwoolger)

Quote, originally posted by philwoolger »
      Hi

Replacing the fuel pressure sensor fixed the P0193 error code for me.

I had exactly the same problems as those explained in the Recall thread at the top of the forum. Your car may be covered by the recall..

My symptoms were the engine would stall randomly, hesitate when accelerating, and throw the P0193 DTC code...

Hope this helps

Phil

It does thanks. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Did your car have any noticable performance improvement after the fix?

How long did the dealer have your car for the fix?

Re: (Gabe)

This sounds exactly like the recall pinned at the top of the page.

I had that and some misfire codes when my pressure sensor was replaced.

Not really any performance increase, it just became a reliable overtaking car again, plus it no longer stalls randomly

Unfortunately my car is out of warranty, so I replaced it myself, which took probably about 1/2 hour to fit.

Phil

Re: (philwoolger)

Quote, originally posted by philwoolger »
      Not really any performance increase, it just became a reliable overtaking car again, plus it no longer stalls randomly

Unfortunately my car is out of warranty, so I replaced it myself, which took probably about 1/2 hour to fit.

Phil

Ok that gives me some info that I needed

Thanks....