Volvo Meet - Saturday, Oct 20, 2007, near Houston, Texas!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      Global Moderator

Volvo Meet - Saturday, Oct 20, 2007, near Houston, Texas!

The really big Fall 2007 Texas Meet!

Visit right here often for the latest details.

Everybody welcome - VERY informal!

Thanks.

George Dill

254-541-2199 mobile anytime.

Re: Volvo Meet - Saturday, Oct 20, 2007, near Houston, Texas! (gdill2)

Woohoo! This is the real deal!! I'll be there...Roadtrip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Modified by swiftjustice44 at 7:19 AM 12-10-2008

Global Moderator

Re: Volvo Meet - Saturday, Oct 20, 2007, near Houston, Texas! (swiftjustice44)

Hey, Jon;

Which Volvo to Houston?

George Dill

This is pretty cool. Mercedes diesel tech session in Winnsboro on the 27th and now a Volvo gathering the week before in Houston.

Just have to decide which one comes out to play.

Tim

Global Moderator

Re: Volvo Meet - Saturday, Oct 20, 2007, near Houston, Texas! (tarbe)

With Volvo you get free home-cooked BBQ from McDonald's (George and Jackie).

George Dill

I didn't mean to imply I was trying to decide which event to go to. I hope to attend both.

I meant which Volvo to bring...the 780 or the 240.

Both are new to me and I am busy baselining the maintenance and scrounging parts that are broken (mostly the 780).

I have missed driving a Volvo these past 8 years, so I figured buying two would help me get back in the groove more quickly!

Tim

BTW - any idea yet where this will be held?

Tim

Global Moderator

Re: (tarbe)

Yup.

Be right back.

George Dill

Global Moderator

Re: (gdill2)

Texas Fall 2007 Volvo Meet near Houston.

Saturday, October 20, 2007, 11am to 5pm+

New Hope Church, 1350 N Mason Road, Katy TX 77449.

To see a map paste the address here...

http://maps.google.com/

25 miles west of downtown Houston and about ˝ mile north of I-10.

All interested parties are welcome even if you don’t own a Volvo.

Free BBQ lunch cooked on-site by McDonalds – George and Jackie.

Donations accepted to defray expenses.

Peoples’ Choice awards, door prizes, no-rules auction, parts swap and Poker Run.

Guests of Honor include Al Ringle and Ann Tofft. Al has relocated BACK to Waco, Texas, from Tennessee. He is the founder and first president of the Texas Chapter Volvo Club of America. Ann is our founding Secretary/Treasurer. What a reunion this will be – y’all come!

For more information call George McDonald at 713-503-4708, George Dill at 254-541-2199 or email dill_vcoatx~msn.com

For pictures and details of the last ten years of Texas Volvo Meets visit

http://www.texasvolvoclub.com/photoalbum.htm

Here is the New Hope Church...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=...&om=1

George Dill

Re: (gdill2)

Well, that is a whole 10 miles from my house. Shame on me if I don't make it!

Tim

Wow...sorry so late, George. After making to and from Kansas City in the V8, the clutch cable broke leaving my driveway!! Ross Converse said he'd send another...but he's in the process of moving right now so who knows. If I can't get her right, I'll bring the turbo. She needs to stretch her legs, anyway!!

Global Moderator

George,

I talked with George McDonald about a month ago and told him I am available to help with this meet. Please let me know what we can do to support the effort. George has my phone number.

Hopefully, we'll have some of the crew from the March Georgetown meet attending.

Linc

2005 V70R, Fully Loaded Stealth Wagon - SOLD on 19 Jan '13 (Went to a good 2nd owner)

Re: Volvo Meet - Saturday, Oct 20, 2007, near Houston, Texas! (ZenZone)

I'm going to do my best to be there. With the SEMA show in Vegas the next week it might be hard but hopefully I can make it.

Nick

George-

Hi, as you seen our post made by Btownvolvo; we are bringing a rather large crowd to your meet (10-15) cars, as we are also having our VS TXC meet. Which btw you guys are also invited to participate in any of our activities. I just wanted to know how we could to contribute to your bbq expense, perhaps even help bringing some items if you wish. I have your number, when is a good time to call?

Thanks,
      Juan

Global Moderator

Re: (Mogatu'r)

Come on down!

The main woman and man behind this Meet are Jackie and George McDonald of Houston.

George will be doing the BBQ and fixin's based on how many RSVP’s but will have some flexibility given the small herd of goats near the church.

George McDonald is reachable at cell 713-503-4708 and home 281-646-8821. He is "retired" and is restoring yet another Amazon when not walking the dog.

George Dill (me) cell 254-541-2199 anytime.

These Meets are very informal and unstructured given that self-entertaining groups tend to form based on interests and cars.

About 4pm that Saturday we will do a no-rules auction, door prize handout and walk-around Poker Run (5-card stud) involving no driving but having cash prizes for high and low hands ($50 each).

Give George Mc a call soon just to chat then another call when you get a rough number of RSVP BBQ eaters.

George Dill

Modified by gdill2 at 4:27 PM 9-7-2007

Hey George,

I've been talking with Sig at Stylin Motors silicone hoses and he would like to sponsor us! I gave him some more detailed information and I am currently awaiting his reply. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Reid

Awfully quiet out there...every one polishing their cars?

Global Moderator

Not yet.

I'm humpin' an excel mailing list and updating my Volvo email address book so watch all your mail boxes.

George Dill

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh...here it is the 27th. My turbo has a bad exhaust gasket (and broken stud )and the V8 has a broken clutch cable. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
      Maybe I'll rent a Ford Focus!!! Blehhh

Global Moderator

Re: (swiftjustice44)

No problem - right in your own backyard are two ready-to-roll Volvos for cheap!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/419290286.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/426490913.html

Buy both and sell one on Oct 20 for $3,000!

George Dill

Re: wounded Bricks

Wow, both nice cars but I'll pass. My wife would leave me if I brought any more cars home. Anyway, my clutch cable came today in the mail so the V8 is rolling again.

Modified by swiftjustice44 at 7:21 AM 12-10-2008

This is coming up quickly...looks like I'll be there

Global Moderator

Re: (94850tx)

Nick;

Which Volvo will we see in Katy?

Also, do you get the opportunity to attend formal Volvo tech courses?

George Dill

hey guys i just found this site though c30world.com. i have ordered a c30 v.2 and the ETA is 12/13. maybe i can have some fun with you guy once a take delivery.

Global Moderator

Re: (young_racer05)

Welcome to Swedespeed, Jameson;

Bring the Mustang to this Oct 20 Meet as we will have a C30 on display.

George Dill

I have a wedding to go to on the 20th of Oct and that is my fiance birthday. so i cannot make it but when will the next meet be and where if you know?

Global Moderator

You have your priorities in good order, sir!

The Spring 2008 Texas Volvo Meet may be held near Dallas if we can find a volunteer to hustle the details.

George Dill

that sounds great. I will diff. try to make that one.

Global Moderator

More on Oct 20...

(pop-up blockers "ON")

http://volvo.texas.meet-fall07....html

George Dill

So George...the church folks are ok w/ me doing burnouts, right? J/K...I'll be there for sure!!!!

George I'm not sure what I'll be bringing. I've been working on an older model with a great guy I used to work with at Volvo...if it gets done y'all might see it

I have been to Volvo technical school and am Volvo Certified and am an ASE Master. I no longer work for Volvo or spin wrenches for a living as of 2 months ago, I took a job with a large Kenworth dealership group in a management position. I def. miss Volvo a lot but had to take a step forward with my career.

Can't wait until Houston, see y'all there!

Nick

PS: The guy with the C30 I live just north of fort worth and there are several of us local guys that try to get together from time to time. I sent you a PM.

The Lord willing, and the creek don't rise, I will be there (ie, my wife said I could go )

Still can't decide on whether to bring the 780 or the 240. Maybe if I get the new headliner in the 780.....

Tim

Dadgum it.

I had set it up so I could three hours in the middle of the day to get out to Katy for the meet. I was literally on my way out when my pager went off. For the next five and half hours I was unable to get away. That is the second time the Texas Chapter has been in Houston and I couldn't get the time off from work to make it over to the meeting place. When that Dallas meet comes up, I think I'll take the day off.

Fun was had?

sdewolfe- look again this is NEXT weekend.

I think you should be able to make it.

Nick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast