SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

accessing fuel pump

477 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Flim63 
#1 ·
I'm trying to get to my fuel pump to replace and I can't get the rear seats removed to open it up. It's an '01 V70. Any tricks?

#2 ·
Re: accessing fuel pump (Flim63)

The Haynes UK V70 Manual sez 'The fuel pump is in the fuel tank and and totally submerged in the fuel". Is that where you're trying to get?

As far as removing the rear seats, the Haynes UK V70 Manual sez:

"1 If the seat is heated, disconnect the heater wiring at the connectors under the front of the cushions.
2 Pivot the cushion forward, then pull the red catches upward.
3 Fold the cushion back almost all the way, then lift up to remove.
4 Pull the top of the side cushion forward, then pull it upwards. Repeat this procedure for the other side.
5 Note their fitted positions and disconnect any wiring plugs for the backrest.
6 Undo the seatbelt anchorage retaining bolts in the floor. Remove the anchorages.
7 Release the elastic straps from the seat belt stalks (where fitted).
8 Release th catch and fold the backrest forward very slightly.
9 Undo the bolt securing the outside of each of backrest to the vehicle body.
10 Lift up the outer edge of the backrest and pull it sideways, releasing it from the centre mounting and manoeuvre it from the vehicle."

Good luck, pal. Make sure someone's pointing a "C" type fire extinguisher at you when you go after the fuel pump, after, of course, following all the necessary safety precautions.

Sure you want to do this?

#3 ·
Re: accessing fuel pump (Steely)

Many thanks. I've owned this car for 2 months and fuel pump fails... and no volvo service (dealer or independent) for 90 miles. Not the first fuel pump job I've done though (Jaguar and VW in the past). I'll post when done so you know I made it out alive

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.