SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Camshaft Sprocket alignment “how to align the cam shaft to the camshaft sprocket”

14K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  shadowlord 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 Volvo S40 T5, I went to replace the camshaft oil seals, so I pulled the Timing belt off and took out the camshaft sprocket bolt and removed the sprocket and replaced the seal, now the problem begins, there is no guide pin or marks on the sprocket to align the camshaft sprocket to the Camshaft, I have taken the valve cover off which also is the cam shaft bearing cap, which holds the camshaft in place not a problem thought, now when I look at the exhaust camshaft I see that the first two lobes are up aligned with the timing mark on the camshaft sprocket. Now is it safe to say that on the intake camshaft the first to lobes should also align with the timing mark on the sprocket, any help would be great

#2 ·
Re: Camshaft Sprocket alignment "how to align the cam shaft to the camshaft sprocket" (brodilyle)

Sent you email...

Tom.

#3 ·
I have a 2004 Volvo S40 T5, I went to replace the camshaft oil seals, so I pulled the Timing belt off and took out the camshaft sprocket bolt and removed the sprocket and replaced the seal, now the problem begins, there is no guide pin or marks on the sprocket to align the camshaft sprocket to the Camshaft, I have taken the valve cover off which also is the cam shaft bearing cap, which holds the camshaft in place not a problem thought, now when I look at the exhaust camshaft I see that the first two lobes are up aligned with the timing mark on the camshaft sprocket. Now is it safe to say that on the intake camshaft the first to lobes should also align with the timing mark on the sprocket, any help would be great

#4 ·
I have a 2006 Volvo v50 turbo, I went to replace the camshaft oil seals, so I pulled the Timing belt off and took out the camshaft sprocket bolt and removed the sprocket and replaced the seal, now the problem begins, there is no guide pin or marks on the sprocket to align the camshaft sprocket to the Camshaft, I have taken the valve cover off which also is the cam shaft bearing cap, which holds the camshaft in place not a problem thought, now when I look at the exhaust camshaft I see that the first two lobes are up aligned with the timing mark on the camshaft sprocket. Now is it safe to say that on the intake camshaft the first to lobes should also align with the timing mark on the sprocket, any help would be great

#6 ·
Camshaft Sprocket alignment “how to align the cam shaft to the camshaft sprocketI have a 2000 Volvo S40 T5, I went to replace the camshaft oil seals, so I pulled the Timing belt off and took out the camshaft sprocket bolt and removed the sprocket and replaced the seal, now the problem begins, there is no guide pin or marks on the sprocket to align the camshaft sprocket to the Camshaft, I have taken the valve cover off which also is the cam shaft bearing cap, which holds the camshaft in place not a problem thought, now when I look at the exhaust camshaft I see that the first two lobes are up aligned with the timing mark on the camshaft sprocket. Now is it safe to say that on the intake camshaft the first to lobes should also align with the timing mark on the sprocket, any help would be great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.