First pictures of the New XC60
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Re: First pictures of the New XC60 (Revill)

mmmm i'm a little indifferent to the design, might have to see a few more photos, but looks to me like a Honda CRV from the back and a Mazda CX-7 from the side.

Here's another link.

Front end looks discombobulated, top-to-bottom, w/ all its shapes & angles. Maybe its the photo?

Then again, this is from the guy that gave M-B the R-Class. Hm.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/volvo-xc60.html

2004 XC90 2.5T AWD, BSR ECU upgrade, ViVA strut bar conversion, IPD sway bars + end links + subframe bushing inserts, OE 336mm front rotors, Nokian WRG2. 155K miles and counting...

Re: (rfkuehn)

I looked up the plate of the car in the first pic (ACU 440)
      here's what i got:

Effect: 175 kW
      Curb weight: 1600 kg
      Length: 475 cm
      Width: 181 cm

http://www.leftlanenews.com/volvo-xc60.html

So what is the expected acceleration based on those numbers ?

XC70 3.2 AWD 175kW, 1873 kg, 0-100km/h 8.6s(aut.)...

Re: (turbot)

Quote, originally posted by turbot »
      So what is the expected acceleration based on those numbers ?

0-100km/h est.
      D5 AWD - 9s
      3.2 AWD - 7,9s
      T6 AWD - 6,5s

Just a guess....

MY12 V60 T6 R-design Polestar
      MY12 C70 T5 Summum Polestar
      MY15 XC60 D5 awd aut on order...

Dang it - now I gotta trade in again! Very nice!

Its not bad. The tail-lights look similar to those on the Citroen Grand C4 Picasso. I prefer the design of the concept of course... the front end was more aggressive.

I suppose its a hell of a lot better than the VW Tiguan

Exterior seems to following current design trends, somehow doesn't seem as attractive as concept. Like the back. Interior dash looks retro, wood terrible, console doesn't really float, not the modern look of the concept at all. Way to conservative, Volvo needs to shake it up. The s40 was far more radical than this when it came out.

Ok, preliminary impressions, hopefully I'll have better impressions seeing more "official" pics of the car.

Ben

Re: First pictures of the New XC60 (Benjamin Smith)

'13 C70 T5 '11 XC60 DrivE '07 C30 '05 S60R MT '00 SAM Carrier '93 850 iTB

Re: First pictures of the New XC60 (Johann)

I like it.

It doesn't look as nice as the concept and I think the wheels could be plus sized a bit more; especially since the rear badge indicates that that's the T6 model.

The color is really nice IMHO.

Not sure about those goofy vertical things on either side of the grille.

2010 XC90 V8 Executive Pearl White/Anthracite Black
      Luxury Pkg/Multimedia Pkg/Climate Pkg/RSE/back up camera/power folding mirrors

Re: First pictures of the New XC60 (njb8199)

'13 C70 T5 '11 XC60 DrivE '07 C30 '05 S60R MT '00 SAM Carrier '93 850 iTB

Re: First pictures of the New XC60 (Johann)

Love the taillights. The one with the rear skid plate and aluminum side plates looks quite nice (parking garage shot), better that the base plastic.

Modified by ss60 at 11:36 AM 2-18-2008

Quote, originally posted by njb8199 »
      I like it.

Yes, what the hell is up with that?

And I have to say that is one big azz Volvo on the front.

I like it.

It doesn't look as nice as the concept and I think the wheels could be plus sized a bit more; especially since the rear badge indicates that that's the T6 model.

Not as nice as the concept for sure; it shouldve been more daring, more athletic & sporty. Once again volvo has missed the mark!!

Dont get me wrong, as a car it is not bad, but seeing the concept one expects more...

The interior is likewise...

You mentioned T6, but I think its a T5, wonder if there will ever be a T6. I think a T6 with sport suspension would be THE halo car of volvo if it ever did come.

Dont you have any high-res pics of the interior?

Re: First pictures of the New XC60 (volvocu)

Why would Volvo put the T5 in that XC60? The T5 engine is on its way out with the current gen S40/V50/S60 being discontinued. The P1 platform is going buh-bye. After 2008; the only T5 cars will be the C30/V30/C70.

Pretty sure its the T6. I can see 3.2, T6, and D5 variants with this model.....

And that itty bitty badge looks more like a T6 than a T5 to me.

I LOVE IT!

A T6 will be ordered ASAP!

Re: First pictures of the New XC60 (volvocu)

Quote, originally posted by volvocu »

Dont you have any high-res pics of the interior?

1999 Volvo C70 T5

Re: First pictures of the New XC60 (Alex960)

1999 Volvo C70 T5

Thanks!

Any other pictures of the interior?

Is that a HUD projector I see on the dash? very cool.

iPD tune / Bilstein HD / iPD 25mm sways / Heico dual exhaust / sport body kit / Heico Volutions / HID Projectors / VST strut brace / CFE / Anodized gauges /etc.
      NAV retrofit http://tinyurl.com/mqu42dr
      HID retrofit http://tinyurl.com/blackswede
      Anodized gauge retrofit http://tinyurl.com/oznowcn

Re: First pictures of the New XC60 (ss60)

Quote, originally posted by ss60 »
      Is that a HUD projector I see on the dash? very cool.

Yes, for the ACC with CW and City Safe.

Isn't it the warning light when you are coming too fast from another car ?

Re: (Zouz)

Quote, originally posted by Zouz »
      Isn't it the warning light when you are coming too fast from another car ?

Yes like in S80 the Collision Warning gives an alarm and red flash when drivint too close to another car. XC60 should have enhanced system called City Safety which should detect also low speed collisions.

Btw. I did'nt see the radar panel in fron grill like in S80, is it hidden behind Volvo badge (like Lexus) ?

I like it.

LED DRL's??? Just a guess.

Re: First pictures of the New XC60 (BarentsBlueV50)

yeah, those are the DRL's. not sure if they're LED though... could be...
      1999 Volvo C70 T5

I'm curious as to why they switched the location of the radio display with the nav display. I guess they wanted to discontinue the rising screen.

Unfortunately that thing is a bit bunk looking. Between that and the ACC projector, the dash has more warts than Broomhilda.

But much better than the XC70 / S80, IMO. Why can't I have that interior there? Oh yeah, because those are the "conservative" Volvos.

Re: First pictures of the New XC60

I can also see that there is BLIS light in the driver's door, but why there is no BLIS camera in the mirror (like normally) ?

Re: First pictures of the New XC60 (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »
      I'm curious as to why they switched the location of the radio display with the nav display. I guess they wanted to discontinue the rising screen.

Unfortunately that thing is a bit bunk looking. Between that and the ACC projector, the dash has more warts than Broomhilda.

But much better than the XC70 / S80, IMO. Why can't I have that interior there? Oh yeah, because those are the "conservative" Volvos.

I can't figure it out either. The pop up screen is fantastic; it is in your line of sight, yet it does not block your view. It is one of the best features of the Volvo nav system. I hate the nav screen in my wife's car because it is buried down in the center console, like the XC60.

Re: First pictures of the New XC60 (turbot)

I really like the S80/V70 interior! I think it's better than this one in fact, this one kind of seems like different parts put together randomly, whereas the S80 interior is more coherent.
      1999 Volvo C70 T5

Quote, originally posted by Alex960 »
      I really like the S80/V70 interior! I think it's better than this one in fact, this one kind of seems like different parts put together randomly, whereas the S80 interior is more coherent.

Have you lived with that interior? It's pretty bland.

The interior on this XC60 seems strange. The air vents on the centre dash are both pointed to the driver!

I think it will look nice in black. Its definetely a BMW X3 and VW Tiguan killer.

I love the exterior but the interior is ugly and reminds me of an Audi interior, bland and unVolvo like.

Re: First pictures of the New XC60 (britro88)

All we can see is the dash so far. Doors look OK, doesn't seem like they went with the ambient lighting. But, the center console, cool on the s40, OK on the s80/v70 in at least it is coherent, but here it doesn't make any sense. The wood looks absolutely horrible, like dull contact paper, doesn't seem to be used anywhere else, the chrome surrounds are strange, seems like they are trying to pick it up from the doors, the popup radio??? looks odd, the whole console doesn't look like it really floats but looks like it is missing something, and it continues in that weak beige that the s80/v70 uses that just doesn't have enough depth to work. There seems to be contrasts but uses that same two-tone scheme that the 07 s60 used. The concept was so cool, the white, the ambient light, the glass-like console, why couldn't Volvo at least do something in that vien just not as radical? This car could have been a real fashion statement for Volvo, the exterior is at least muscular with some character and flow, the dash doesn't do it for me at all. I'd love to see some car manufacturer ditch wood or aluminum/metallic and put some other insert in. Something else would work for this interior, hopefully, there are other inserts that make sense. Why Volvo would use this wood in their intro pictures is beyond me.

Re: First pictures of the New XC60 (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »

I agree. What an incredible joke. Yet again, how they can come out with an exciting concept and then shoot themselves in the foot. It's almost what I've always wanted but man, did they just screw it all up. Now you've got that HUGE distance between the screens and the buttons on the dash. Your eyes will be moving back and forth. Nobody has used this car long term. Or they don't listen to music while they driving.

What percentage of drivers need a nav screen always in their face 100% of the time. Is that screen always going to show a map?

That is a HUGE wart on that dash for the radio screen. I completely agree, why did they flip the screens? I've always wanted two screens, but then they had to install them backwards? And then I have to say it again, that HUGE, absolutely HUGE mountain of plastic on the dash for that screen. What were they thinking?

Plus, I still see just the 4 stereo buttons plus 2 phone buttons? I hope they've at least added a button to the steering wheel to let you change audio source.

I had a smile when I saw the exterior shots in that they stayed close to the concept (although I'd still like to see it slightly lower with nicer rims). But then I saw that dash.

And in the year 2008, the screen still shows Track 4. How about artist - title?

What happens on non-NAV equipped cars? Sunglass holder?

Modified by pattyweb at 8:41 PM 2-18-2008

06 XC90 V8
      98 V70 T5M

Re: First pictures of the New XC60 (pattyweb)

So much for my buying a XC60 T6. That inverted radio/nav display is a deal breaker. I like the light blond wood trim though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast