Anyone else in tidewater ?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Anyone else in tidewater ?

ASyone intrested in reviving this chapter?
      07 S60R Magic Blue/Gobi loaded with a few extras

I am but my car is not much of a looker.

Re: (Decoy383)

it's a volvo right

Re: (volvosince16)

Well I tried atleast!guess there will be no tidewater club

*BUMP*
      I'll be back from Bahrain soon enough, but my Volvo will be staying with my grandparents til I get back from an upcoming deployment. I'll have the new Ranger though

Re: Anyone else in tidewater ? (volvosince16)

Yep, and I Talked to the guy who runs the vcoa in tidewater(he works at Phillips Volvo Va Beach) he said they only do something once a year. This year its going to be at volvo in Hampton some time in september. So be looking for the posting vcoa.org . I asked him if the club could do more doing the year but it was a big 'NO' from him and then he looked at me wierd. But I would like to do more then a one time thing a year. It kind of sounds like there are a few people out there in Hampton Roads that would like it if the Chapter was more active. The cub up in D.C. does something once a month. My wife siad I could not try to start up anything, I already do not spend enough time at home. My car is n ot a looker but she is a volvo

Modified by onefastvolvo at 3:55 AM 6-15-2008

Modified by onefastvolvo at 6:10 AM 6-16-2008

Unfortunately I dont have much good to say about Phillips Volvo... I prefer Don Beyer in Northern VA. But I suppose if its not VCOA sponsored then there are other car clubs. I'll keep my ears open when I get back. I'm interested in a group who does good things for the community as well as enjoyment of people's rides.

Re: (S40 Driver)

I'm game to get together some time there is another guy JRMEDINA with a P2 V70R in the area and I could probably round up a few VW guy to join us maybe a small Euro meet

Someone was telling me that some volvo people were getting together around the 4th of july.

Re: (onefastvolvo)

Let me know I'll try to make it I have heard that a bunch of VW guy meet at the Red Robin at chesapeake square mall not sure what day though

Yeah I finally read the email from the guy. Its in a town called orange, Va its north of richmond. About 150 miles from Western Branch area, so nothing close and with the price of gas not worth going. But thats cool the vw guys meet at red robins in ches. sq.

Re: (onefastvolvo)

Yeah Orange is about 2hrs away depending on how fast you drive,a good friend of mine has been in the VW scene for a while and there is a VW indy shop across the street from where I work so I try to find out what days they usually meet.Maybe we can get some guys in the area together this summer sometime

So has anyone heard if VCOA is doing anything this year?

I live in Hampton and am interested in doing something with you guys. I have a buddy with an S60 who would probably be interested too.

Re: Anyone else in tidewater ? (slowvo)

I'm planning on taking my car to the show on the 20th of Sept hope to meet some of you guys there

I have to work that day which sucks. I work for the dealer in Hampton I am going to try to get something to happen up at our place sometime.

Re: Anyone else in tidewater ? (slowvo)

I've meant to get over there to say hi to Don Davis is he still there?

Quote, originally posted by volvosince16 »
      I've meant to get over there to say hi to Don Davis is he still there?

Yep. Phillips sold their Hampton store to Wynne Motor Company (of Wynne Ford next door), so beginning in September, it becomes Wynne Volvo. Billy Phillips (parts manager) is leaving, but everybody else is staying, last I heard.

...got any Phillips Hampton coupons you'd like to use, do it - they don't think the VB store will honor them.

2005 S60R 5GT: daily
      2004 S60R 6MT: NASA PT-C track mule

No one suspects the Volvo.

Don is still there and he will be moving over with the rest of us to Wynne. Wynne does a lot of cool stuff with local mustang stuff for their Wynne motorsports. So when we become Wynne I am going to try to get something happening like that with the Volvo's. My name is Austin I am in Sales if you guys ever need anything. I have seen a couple of your cars up at my dealership before.

Langley Speedway whacky wednesdays. I am going to race. September 3rd or 10th.

I should have the software, downpipe and FMIC on by then!

Here is the link if you are interested in racing or watching... its fun either way

http://www.langley-speedway.co....aspx

If you are interested you can email me or post here. Its a good time and I think it would be awesome to have some Volvo's out there and show some of the VW's, Mustangs, and Honda''s a run for their money.

We can even meet before if you guys want. Maybe we can start more stuff going on in Tidewater.

Spread the word!