How to flush auto transmission fluid?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

How to flush auto transmission fluid?

I need to flush the trans fluid in my V70. I have a rough idea on how to do it, but would love a step by step DIY.

Basically I'll drain it as much as possible. Add new fluid, run it through the gears and then drain and refill again? I refill through the dipstick right?

2013 Volvo S60 T5 Premier
      Caspian Blue / Beechwood

http://www.ipdusa.com/product....ord=1

This is a quick and easy way to do it! I still haven't done mine and I got it in a month ago. Call me lazy

I'm sure there are other ways aswell...

Re: (sjbdeebo2)

I looked at that but can't jusify 30 bucks for a piece of $3 hose. I can get the 3/4 hose at the store.

Besides, isn't there a drain plug on the bottom of the trans?

Caspian Blue / Beechwood

Re: (895meztz94)

I drained and refilled mine 3 times last summer after I bought my 98 S70. Now I'm on a once a year change using the same fluid. Just have plenty of new crush washers at hand. I had to modify my funnel and put a longer tube on it to reach the dip stick tube. Its slow putting the new fluid in with my set up, but it gets the job done....I also measure how much comes out so I can put exactly the same amount back in....I'm happy with my T5. Rob

Re: (895meztz94)

There is but there is only a few quarts that come out at once. IPD use to have a pdf link and I can't find it... $20 was how much I spent and it was a lot, I just figured I'd do it their way. What can I say I'm lazy.

Here's a good write-up I helped put together. It works well and have done it with both of our cars without a hitch. http://www.matthewsvolvosite.c...=8767

Re: (MadeInJapan)

Quote, originally posted by MadeInJapan »
      Here's a good write-up I helped put together. It works well and have done it with both of our cars without a hitch. http://www.matthewsvolvosite.c...=8767

Excellent! Just what I needed.

Caspian Blue / Beechwood