SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

What Did You Buy/Do To Your Car Today?

130K views 575 replies 119 participants last post by  crogs 
#1 ·
Since this is a relative new forum, there are a few threads notably absent here, but very popular in the S40 and R forums. This is one of them. You can showcase any personal projects, installs, modifications or anything done to your XC60.

I will start off, with a install of some paint protection film on the hood, mirror covers, bumper, 4 door pulls, side skirts, rear diffuser and headlights. Very happy with the result.

Some photos.

See less See more
#32 ·
^I want to get a few net pockets too, that trunk left side net and front console passenger net both seem pretty convenient.

On topic: Washed, clayed, polished, waxed and wheels. More time than I have to give these days, but I just can't help it...

Tappin' via Tapatalk

#35 ·
On topic: Washed, clayed, polished, waxed and wheels. More time than I have to give these days, but I just can't help it...
Very nice! :thumbup:

#33 · (Edited)
Got a set of spacers, 10 mm for front and 15 mm for rear with new bolts. Ooopps ... wrong forum, not an XC60 owner :(

#36 ·
Oil and filter change. Rotated the tires, drove to RI, found out how bad the rear tires are cupped now that they are on the front. It was super loud, vibration in the gas peddle between 30-60mph, super annoying. Going to need some new rubber to remedy.

Tappin' via Tapatalk

#38 ·
Oil and filter change. Rotated the tires, drove to RI, found out how bad the rear tires are cupped now that they are on the front. It was super loud, vibration in the gas peddle between 30-60mph, super annoying. Going to need some new rubber to remedy.
Yep, I try to rotate them ever 5-7K miles to avoid this. Sorry about yours, but thanks for the reminder (for my V60). When was the last time your's were rotated?

#40 ·
That sucks, definitely a northern owned car. I would have your indy check the condition of your other control arm bushings, brake hoses, etc, to be safe.

#41 ·
Oil and filter changed over the weekend. Lot more oil than I'm used to on the R! Also the inverted filter...love it and hate it. Comes out nice and clean but man am I glad I have hands that can fit in under the mani!

#42 · (Edited)
I installed the IPD rear sway bar and high performance rear links, ordered the poly bushes to go with the end links. Nice addition the car feels a lot more stable going around curves. I pre-ordered the KPAX exhaust system and new rear bumper diffuser (have to change it out for the R design so the tail pipes fit. Also put R design Ixion 20" wheels on my XC60 :- http://rs1081.pbsrc.com/albums/j344/Stewie5148/P8090727_zpscwfeq9hx.jpg~c200?t=1441476790

#43 ·
I installed the IPD rear sway bar and high performance rear links, ordered the poly bushes to go with the end links. Nice addition the car feels a lot more stable going around curves. I pre-ordered the KPAX exhaust system and new rear bumper diffuser (have to change it out for the R design so the tail pipes fit. Also put R design Ixion 20" wheels on my XC60 :)
Awesome! I want to do the sways and links eventually too, not sure how the dealer will feel about it but probably won't be happening for a while anyhow. Exhaust is something I'm interested in as well, could you please link us to the KPAX and rear diffuser? Other than that, Heico seems to have the only quad-exhaust system for our cars (aside from KPAX as I don't know anything about it). Other options?? Anyone here have the 3.5'' Ferrita downpipe from Viva?

#46 · (Edited)
Sorry for the delay on the link to kpax, the website is - http://kpaxperformance.com/volvocatalog.html The exhaust system is a Borla patented technology, allowing a free-flow design without the negative effects of droning. This increased flow results in some pretty massive torque numbers, increasing to way over 400lb/ft at the crank during some of kpaxs' tests. I have been told the exhaust will be in sometime in September so I will let you know how it performs. I have not driven the car very much since the poly bushings were installed, but have noticed a slight vibration, not sure if it is just my imagination but will test further to see if it is due to the installation of the poly bushing on the sway bar links. I didn't notice anything before they were installed. I will post pictures of the wheels over the weekend. If anyone could tell me how to post pictures that is :-(

#48 ·
Added Shadowline window trim vinyl.

I did this to my CTS-V as well when I owned it, and it's very easy to install with a heat gun, felt tip squeegee, exact-o knife and a lot of patience.

I like the way it breaks up the brushed aluminum of the roof rails and sideskirts/running boards. I feel that the mirror caps complement those enough and I've never been a fan of chrome

Halfway:

Done:

#49 ·
Ha! Sweet!

I have done this recently except with some Oracel 651 vinyl.

I have also done some strips across my side mirrors to complement this.

I prefer the black look.

#55 ·
I really enjoyed it. It was my dream car and I was very fortunate to have it at 26/27 years old.

Unfortunately gas was roughly $550 a month and I had to make a decision of keeping the V or buying a bigger house (had 3BR, needed 4+ BR)

The house won and I got a Focus ST to reduce my debt:income ratio.

After I got settled with the house, I searched again for either an X1 M Sport or XC60 Rd.
and here I am :)

#56 ·
That seems like a scientific argument for the generic "family/kids". :)

I will probably be buying up some of that Shadowline trim. I need to snap some pics at some point of what I currently have.

#59 ·
Mine's a 2013 and it's all Brushed Alum as far as I can tell. Even the inside.

I've always gone withe the knock off lips, as I can buy two or three of them for the price of one real lip (The CTS's lip was $120 compared to $1K for a CF version). They'll eventually get banged up By me or the wife, so I'd rather get an off brand.

I'll take pics of it before and after paint matching and will post them both up.
Thanks!

#60 ·
Got the rear door sunshades in today
Decided not to go with the full set (cargo compartment windows too) since they don't open and are factory tinted. I really got them only so we could keep the back windows open for ventilation while keeping insects from flying through while parked at the drive in theater. They're pretty awesome. Fit is perfect. Install is only three plastic clips that fit under the weatherstripping. Material is the same mesh as the sunroof screen.

Also got the steel grille that separates the cargo compartment so cargo doesn't fly forward. Also an easy one person install, just two bolts into the mounting points. Folds mostly out of the way on struts, but you have to take the cargo cover off while changing between positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#62 ·
Yes those are US prices. I listened to a S60 with the KPAX and it sounded so nice....

#64 ·
Ahh nice. Gotcha.

Thanks for posting that. I purchased a set of crossbars from a memeber here and haven't put them on yet as I was waiting to purchase an Inno Fairing for them first. I'm not a fan of leaving them plain.

#65 ·
I installed a battery maintainer/charger to keep the battery fully charged over the cold winter months..

#66 ·
Do you have short commutes? Never found a need for a battery maintainer on any of my vehicles and we often have temps in the -20°C to -30°C range.

#67 ·
The car does not get used lots and as such, spends most of its life in our garage at home, The alarm and electronic controllers place a small drain on the battery, so I want to make sure it does not become discharged. We do suffer much colder temperatures sometimes dropping below -45 C and our local Volvo dealership is 260 km away. Although it is still under warranty, I don't fancy having to travel over 500 km round trip to have the ECM reset should the battery become completely discharged.

#74 · (Edited)
Took advantage of the Sale+ free shipping at ORSRacksDirect and purchased two INNO Fork Lock racks and an INNO fairing for my OEM crossbars.

Was going to buy the HEICO style front lip, but didn't want to miss the sale. Should arrive on Thursday.

Also getting my resonator deleted as I type this. I'll try to post videos today.

#75 · (Edited)
Installed the Elevate Sway bar +Energy suspension end link bushings today.

Wow. That's all I can say.

Took a short clip of the exhaust after the resonator removal. You can see the Y-pipe setup that the exhaust shop fabricated if you look in the background.

Had to keep it under 1,500 RPM as my daughter was asleep inside the house, but this is a semi-cold start for reference.

#76 · (Edited)
Installed roof components yesterday:
-OEM square profile racks
-Inno Medium fairing
-Inno Fork Lock III racks (x2)

Clearance for the sunroof is horrible since the bars are such low profile. I honestly can't open the sunroof at all if I have the Inno fairing attached since it opens up and back. Might have to buy a set of shorter bolts to allow for clearance.

Also ordered a set of H&R springs from IPD. Should be getting those by end of next week if I'm not mistaken.

#77 ·
Inadvertently triggered city safety while trying to pull into my garage quickly,
Good to know it works.

Also got a care package from IPD containing H&R springs. Thanks IPD!

#78 ·
Also got a care package from IPD containing H&R springs. Thanks IPD!
Nice! Are those going on with the stock struts and shocks or are you pairing them with some aftermarkets?

I picked up the rear skid plate last week.

Installed it last night, with some finishing touches early this morning. Came out pretty well. Certainly adds a nice element to the rear of a pre-facelift.

Tappin' via Tapatalk

#80 ·
How are the rook mounted bike carriers working out for you? I need something but not sure if I want to go roof mounts or a Bones-2 from Saris. I'll be transporting the bike @ 700 miles when needed.