SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

My 2012 XC60 SeaShell Metallic / Anthracite - more photos

9K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  Kighter 
#1 ·
OK folks...
I already posted a dealer photo last night over on the "Closing in..." thread I had going; here are a few more that I took this morning that might be helpful to everyone...

Views of the vehicle:

Some shots of the WeatherTech Extreme Floor Liners that I installed in the front:

Some shots of the Volvo Reversible/Folding Cargo mat:

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks...as I've documented in other threads, seems like the only way to get a SeaShell with Anthracite is to special-order...every dealer I spoke to only orders SeaShells for stock with the beige interior.

#4 ·
Good job! When I took the XC in for rear brake pads, I scoped out a red R-series with two-tone interior...I think they could call it 'Write me a ticket'-red !

Noticed the rear hatch moves much faster than our '10...nice improvement. Interesting how different the front looks without fog lights...not sure which I prefer.

Ours came with Scorpion Zero tires...same for you? We switch out to Scorpion A/T at 18K miles(construction nails)...much more of an off-road tread, a good bit noisier. Some folks notice the more aggressive tread design and comment. I'll find a 'quieter' compromise, should we not trade before new tires are due.

Thought I would mention...there might be a two-week period in January that allows us to leave the moonroof shade open...otherwise, it gets really hot when the sun hits it. Glad we have the privacy glass in the rear windows!

I'm sure you'll notice...water likes to 'hide' under the liftgate spoiler and dribble down the rear window AFTER you have dried the car(again!). I just try to remember to check it after driving or letting it sit for a while. Otherwise, the embarrassment could be overwhelming!!! :)

Where'd you drive for lunch? Have fun!

#5 · (Edited)
HA! No drive for lunch today...although I did take time out to go outside to my driveway and customize 'My Car" to my wants. And I had to clean all the bug residue off my front end from last night's drive home to prevent long-term damage after just one day...we'll see how long THAT level of OCD lasts...LOL.

My XC60's stock tires surprised me...I thought I had read that it would come stocked with Pirellis, but instead it's stocked with Michelin Latitude Tour HP 235/60R18's. I was not a fan of the stock Michelin Pilot HX MXM4's that were delivered on my now-traded '06 Acura TL (road noise), so we'll have to see how these Michelins behave. I replaced those stock Michelins on my Acura with Bridgestone Turanza Serenity's, which are a FANTASTIC premium tire, IMHO...great wet and dry performance (not for off-road), and QUIET as the name suggests.

Looks like I'll have to replenish my stock of Stoner's Invisible Glass for frequent window treatments. :)

#7 ·
I'm pretty sure our '11 C70 has the same Mich MXM4 tire as our '08 had.(No excessive road noise for us) I've only noticed Pirellis on the XC(but I haven't really been checking). Hopefully, I'm a good 20K miles from needing tires on the XC. 'Might' have to trade for a new one by then!!! ;)

#9 ·
Well based on the feedback on the forums, they HAVE been seen, but from what I can tell for their stock allocations the dealers play it safe and order with the beige interior on it. Interestingly, when I placed my order and left my deposit, my dealer (the sales manager at the dealership) and I chatted and we talked about the fact that I knew that my worst case, if my economic situation changed before delivery and I might have had to back out of the deal, would be that I would have forfeited my deposit. My dealer said that, if that had happened, he would have worked with me on mitigating that if he could, because he was extremely confident that the configuration I ordered was very attractive and that he would have little trouble selling it if he got "stuck" with it.

So like you say QWAS, if it's so attractive, why not order that combo for stock? Maybe some of the dealers who lurk on this board might chime in on that?

#14 ·
My car was ordered on June 4th and ready for me on Aug 12th. I wasn't able to pick it up until the 15th. But, the boat trip was somewhat longer. The dealer had originally estimated 90 days from order to having it in my hands. I presume that was conservative to keep me from calling every few days. I'll post some pictures once I figure out how. At the moment, my permissions say I cannot post attachments, and according to the FAQ is need that permission. I read the instructions and I don't see the controls that I need to post pictures.

#17 ·
Looks great drat. I have the exact same interior on order. Did you consider adding the wood insert on the center panel? I went back and forth, but decided it was too much of a risk not being able to see it. Now that I see it on the volvo website, I'm still not sure if it would look really nice, or a little out of place. Anyway, well done on your order choices. I'll definitely be getting the reversible/folding cargo mat too.

#18 ·
Looks great drat. I have the exact same interior on order. Did you consider adding the wood insert on the center panel? I went back and forth, but decided it was too much of a risk not being able to see it. Now that I see it on the volvo website, I'm still not sure if it would look really nice, or a little out of place. Anyway, well done on your order choices. I'll definitely be getting the reversible/folding cargo mat too.
Interesting...we just traded our '08 C70 that had the light wood trim and miss it a little since we have just the brushed metal in the otherwise same color combo of the '11. However, after driving the XC60 for over two years, I don't notice the wood trim until someone points it out. ;)

#25 ·
Didn't even consider the wood as that is not my personal preference, in either color. I'm definitely a brushed-aluminum person. To each's... :)
I forgot to toss my cap over the gearshift/console on a quick errand. Was smartly reminded when I grabbed the shift knob to take her out of park ! :(

#23 · (Edited)
Update:
Here are before and after getting Mississippi-legal 3M Crystalline 40 tinting on the front driver and passenger windows. You can see that it's not quite as dark as the factory 20% on the rears, but that would be street illegal here, and this is pretty close and gets the job done, cooler-interior-wise.

Before:

After:

#24 ·
Update:
Here are before and after getting Mississippi-legal 3M Crystalline 40 tinting on the front driver and passenger windows. You can see that it's not quite as dark as the factory 20% on the rears, but that would be street illegal here, and this is pretty close and gets the job done, cooler-interior-wise.

Looks very nice! We could sure use the tint out here...104 AGAIN !!! Nothing below 100 expected for the next week + .

I drove our new C70 today and it has NO privacy glass. That thing heats up in a HURRY!

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if you tinted the moon roof IF it's as hot as ours. I think I mentioned earlier that there are two days in February that we can leave the roof shade open! ;)

#28 · (Edited)
drat: love the tints. I need to get off my arse and get mine done...

coachrick: I have an aluminum knob on my TSX 6 speed. Like the C70, it's amazingly hot. I drive with a towel for a little while until it cools down sometimes.

On our XC60, the aluminum trim on the door is at the perfect height to touch the skin on my knee when I'm wearing shorts. It gets too hot to touch too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.