SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

New Avatar Submissions

20K views 57 replies 32 participants last post by  abcurran 
#1 ·
This thread is for new avatar submissions only. Just because it is suggested does not mean it will be added. Post your suggestion once and only once. Repeated posting of the same avatar will be ignored. This thread is for submissions ONLY, all other posts will be deleted.

- Grayscale (no full color images)
- 72 pixels wide by 70 pixels tall maximum
- No automotive product company logo avatars or club logos
- JPG file format

See less See more
#2 ·
I suppose they're suppose to be jpg? If not please let us know.

#3 ·
Re: (MadeInJapan)

Yes - JPG for the current avatars - I've updated the instructions. Thanks.

#5 ·
Re: New Avatar Submissions (Chris@Swedespeed)

Here is one for Bob and the rest of us OTF beer drinkers. I do not think that Chimay is an automotive product company logo or club logo. If you decide not to post this one for public use, at least let Bob have it. He is a moderator, and (given yours and Brad's avatars) it would appear that the mods do not have to follow the rules.

P.S.: I love the clean look of the site. That is why I'm pointing out the double standard of allowing mods to have custom avatars.

#6 ·
Re: New Avatar Submissions (BarentsBlueV50)

Chris's avatar identifies him as SS Forum Staff. The lawn chair avatar i had was a moderator only selectable avatar, which i just removed.

Moderators do not have the ability to upload custom avatars. Obviously moderators are inclined to follow the same rules are the rest of the members here.

As for the avatar you selected, lets please keep them automotive related. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#9 ·
Re: New Avatar Submissions (2k2S80t6)

My own custom SS avatar:

Simple, classy, GiRaff3

#11 ·
Re: New Avatar Submissions (Shomare)

haha - hmm, not sure we'll go with animated avatars but I'll see if there is some potential interest/acceptance from leadership.

#13 ·
Re: New Avatar Submissions (Pinstripe)

Quote, originally posted by Pinstripe »

Modified by Pinstripe at 11:07 AM 4-13-2009

These have been added. Thanks. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#15 ·
Re: New Avatar Submissions (Chris@Swedespeed)

From interior pic of my S40 + VolvoBroad font:

#16 ·
Re: New Avatar Submissions (theshadow27)

Quote, originally posted by theshadow27 »
From interior pic of my S40 + VolvoBroad font:

This one has been uploaded.

Currently we don't have plans to allow users to upload custom avatars nor animated avatars. Post suggestions here.

thanks.

#20 ·
Nice C70 avatars. let me see if I can get them added into the new administration module.

#26 ·
There is an issue with the forum software in the Admin section. We are working with our host to resolve. As soon as this is fixed I have a few Polestar C30 avatars to upload as well.

#27 ·

Ok....here's my submission. The Black n White Ataca-Moose

So wish i could use the color version, but dem's da Rules

Thanks Chris !!

:thumbup::beer:

#30 ·
Ok....here's my submission. The Black n White Ataca-Moose

So wish i could use the color version, but dem's da Rules

Thanks Chris !!

:thumbup::beer:
Got the software working and we can upload avatars. The Ata-moose is up. I'll be working on some 2014 refresh avatars.

#29 · (Edited)
Can we have coloured avatars? Cartoon characters and personality based images. Come on folks, have a sense of humour.

Club and company logos are restrictive to conversation. As they are in the threads and on top of the page. I don't mind the scrolling ads though.

Choosing our own custom and uploaded avatars would bring life to the forum. It needs it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.