SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Project: 1966 220

7K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Cyb3rw0lf 
#1 ·
Hello to everyone! I'm new to these forums (not to mention Volvo >.<) so I apologize if I highly embarrass myself.

I bought this 1966 Volvo 220 (s?) on 10/29/09 from a local salvage yard for $600, it is equipped with a B18 engine and 3 speed manual transmission. I'm unfamiliar with these vehicles and their original options so I cant really list what this one includes unfortunately. The chassis # does not seem to match what the car has unfortunately so I'm unsure about most of it, though I can say it was originally paint code 89: Horizon Blue.

Major damages:

* Rusted out floor pans
* Bent grills (Nearly beyond repair)
* Large dent in rear pass door
* Cracked windshield
* Usual interior issues
* Under-hood wiring unusable
* Cracked turn signal and tail lamp
* Front and rear bumpers are both bent on the drivers side
* Front coils are gone
* Wiring

What I've Done:

* Removed both grills to be replaced
* Removed stainless steel trim for repair
* Removed the rear tag bracket for repair
* Removed previous owner's audio modifications permanently
* Removed 90 percent of the interior for repair
* Fabricated and installed new axle limiting straps

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: (Cyb3rw0lf)

I'd be interested to know the VIN/Chassis number of your car.
I have two of them , 22244VF36025 (No VIN stamped on interior cowl) and 22244VF44489, which DOES have the VIN stamped on the interior cowl.
Also if yours is between the above numbers, does it have the number stamped on the interior cowl or not? It would be stamped in the center just below where the rear of the hood sits. It will be of the form:
*22244VF44489*

#5 ·
Re: (Walrus3)

The large plate is under the cowl of the hood, while the small one is above the drivers front fenderwell.

Type 22244 VF
Ch. Nr. 30774
Colour 89
Upholst 511-519.

No 30777

I know the numbers should match......Quite confused as to why they dont.

More pics here: http://s128.photobucket.com/al...Volvo/

I did attempt to start the car on Saturday, however it seems there is something wrong in the ignition system as there is no spark. I replaced the coil and distributor rotor on Sunday but then the starter went out . The local parts store has the starter, spark plugs, points, and condenser on order for me.

#6 ·
ID number location - how do I post a picture

I would post a picture of the ID number George mentioned, but I can't find information about how to include an image. Can anyone tell me how to do this? copy and paste doesn't work, dragging didn't work. clues?
thanks

#7 ·
Re: (Cyb3rw0lf)

The chassis number on the black ID tag should match a number stamped into the sheet metal between the battery and heater box. The small tag is the body number, used by Volvo for tracking production internally, and usually will be a higher number than the chassis, so what you're seeing is normal.

The correct VIN is the type number followed by the chassis number.

#8 ·
Re: ID number location - how do I post a picture (Daniel)

Quote, originally posted by Daniel »
I would post a picture of the ID number George mentioned, but I can't find information about how to include an image. Can anyone tell me how to do this? copy and paste doesn't work, dragging didn't work. clues?

Save the pics on your pc then send them here...

http://photobucket.com/

...then paste the url for each pic into your Swedespeed reply like this...

http://i128.photobucket.com/al...1.jpg

Go for it!

George Dill

#12 ·
Re: ID number location (zombie_stomp)

Daniel, I have nothing in that spot you showed, its blank...?

Turns out I also need;
Passenger tail light
Driver's turn signal
Both rear reflectors (I think?)
Rear view mirror
Side mirror (mount shattered when I took it off)
And... there are some holes in my interior trim for the windshield? Two on each side on the A pillars? I have no clue what goes there.

Well see what else turns up that needs replaced... Unsure about the reflectors, Ive seen a few without them and alot with so I have no clue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.