SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

2011 S60 at Chicago Auto Show?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  comp1 
#1 ·
Just visited the 2010 Chicago Auto Show website and noticed that vehicles on display include a listing for the 2011 S60 with the following information. Thought the debut was going to be in Geneva. Can this be right?

2011 VOLVO S60: Everything is new for this sedan, which returns this year as a 2011 model with a coupe-like sexy streamlined look to it. Instead of powertrain variations, as in the 2009 model, the 2011 S60 relies on just one, a turbocharged, 2.6-liter, 180-horsepower, inline 4-cylinder mated to a 5-speed automatic transmission. In Volvo's lineup of luxury sedans, the S60 fits neatly between the compact S40 and flagship S80. The Geartronic "Auto-Stick" function enables the driver to shift manually when desired. The S60 seats 5-occupants and can haul 13.9 cubic feet of cargo in the trunk. True to its Swedish heritage, safety features abound.

#2 ·
Re: 2011 S60 at Chicago Auto Show? (comp1)

Quote, originally posted by comp1 »
Just visited the 2010 Chicago Auto Show website and noticed that vehicles on display include a listing for the 2011 S60 with the following information. Thought the debut was going to be in Geneva. Can this be right?

2011 VOLVO S60: Everything is new for this sedan, which returns this year as a 2011 model with a coupe-like sexy streamlined look to it. Instead of powertrain variations, as in the 2009 model, the 2011 S60 relies on just one, a turbocharged, 2.6-liter, 180-horsepower, inline 4-cylinder mated to a 5-speed automatic transmission. In Volvo's lineup of luxury sedans, the S60 fits neatly between the compact S40 and flagship S80. The Geartronic "Auto-Stick" function enables the driver to shift manually when desired. The S60 seats 5-occupants and can haul 13.9 cubic feet of cargo in the trunk. True to its Swedish heritage, safety features abound.

Err, 2.6 liter 180 hp 4 cylinder???

Pretty sure it's not going to be unveiled until Geneva. Perhaps they are showing the concept?

#4 ·
Re: 2011 S60 at Chicago Auto Show? (Needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by Needsdecaf »
Err, 2.6 liter 180 hp 4 cylinder???

Pretty sure it's not going to be unveiled until Geneva. Perhaps they are showing the concept?

Yes, those are the s60 concept car numbers, except it should be 1.6 liter (gasoline direct injection & turbocharged).
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t...WUsMw, p.3

Those numbers are in the ballpark for a turbo diesel, but, I think Volvo's td is a 2.4 or 2.5 liter displacement for the s/v60. They are supposed to have a 1.6 L for the EU market, but it's rated at about 108hp.

#6 ·

That is all in error. I will address it. Thanks for bringing it up.

#8 ·
Re: 2011 S60 at Chicago Auto Show? (Munin)

Quote, originally posted by Munin »
Now you've ruined Yannis' coffee break.

Well, let's put it this way; coffee almost came out of my nose when I read the above!

#9 ·
Re: 2011 S60 at Chicago Auto Show? (GrecianVolvo)

Well dang,

I was hoping my annual trip to the Chicago Auto Show was going to be special this time!

#10 ·

Well dang,

I was hoping my annual trip to the Chicago Auto Show was going to be special this time!

It will be special...come and meet the...future! We can also get together and chit-chat!

#11 ·
Re: 2011 S60 at Chicago Auto Show? (GrecianVolvo)

I'll be there late morning on Friday the 19th. Hope to see you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.