SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Sigs

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  coastal 
#1 ·
I finally got arround to makeing a sig image. I think I like it. For now anyway
. Anyone else have sig images?

See less See more
#8 ·
The idea of the sigs is nice, however when threads get long the pictures will hog too much bandwith. Maybe it would be a bit more courteous to others if you only enable the sig on the first post or reply of the thread. Just my $.02 worth, but I'm sure that others would agree.

Prospero

#9 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Prospero:
The idea of the sigs is nice, however when threads get long the pictures will hog too much bandwith. Maybe it would be a bit more courteous to others if you only enable the sig on the first post or reply of the thread. Just my $.02 worth, but I'm sure that others would agree.

Prospero
Yep, that's why it says under the signature portion of the profile modification section, "You may use UBB Code in this field, but not HTML. The UBB Code Image tag is not permitted, however."

#10 ·
I've seen on a few other boards where people will insert 30 or 40k worth of animated images, text, links etc, and then proceed to add their sig to every reply in the thread.

I think it starts getting overboard when the signature on average takes up more space than the user's actual post.

Bandwidth is also a consideration, especially for those users on dialup.

I think a couple lines of text, links, and maybe a very small graphic (like 1 or 2k, 100px wide X 45px height) is best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.