View Full Version : B18 Performance?

Cyb3rw0lf
05-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a Volvo 120 series station wagon with the B18D engine that I'll soon be rebuilding as it has a knock somewhere in the block. I was curious if there are any performance parts on the market for the engine but I've only found a few at IPD, and even Summit Racing only has a camshaft. The only place I've found anything interesting at is www.v-performance.com which wont even return my emails when I ask for info on something...

Anyone know of other places to get some more horses out of the engine? Its this or I install a Ford small block down the road... Which I want to avoid doing if possible.

gdill2
05-07-2010, 05:29 PM
How much more hp?

George Dill

Cyb3rw0lf
05-07-2010, 10:46 PM
Ahhhh sorry, I figured out that I was going to the wrong location on the IPD page. I'm not looking for anything in particular George as far as a specific horsepower boost, I was more or less just wondering what was on the market before deciding what I would do with it and looking for any suggestions as to who I could look into for parts.

gdill2
05-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Consider locating a solid B20 rebuilder with the big-valve head and put your money/time into that along with a redone M41 4-speed/OD.

George Dill

Walrus3
05-08-2010, 02:40 PM
You should also have the dual downpipe exhaust manifold (either combined or separate) and a better cam, OEM "D" or something similar.
Getting a response from John Parker will be difficult but his stuff is the best.