SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Picking up new T6 Friday. How do you guys like the factory tires?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  robtr8 
#1 · (Edited)
I read the Tire Rack reviews on the O.E. tires and they were not good. I almost always strip the factory tires off and give them back when I turn in the car. I'm looking at the Continental ExtremeContact DWS and the Nokian WR2's. The Nok's are probably better in snow but the DWS seem to be very well reviewed in all conditions.

#2 ·
I read the Tire Rack reviews on the O.E. tires and they were not good. I almost always strip the factory tires off and give they back when I turn in the car. I'm looking at the Continental ExtremeContact DWS and the Nokian WR2's. The Nok's are probably better in snow but the DWS seem to be very well reviewed in all conditions.
Don't know how it's in the US, but when I got mine in nov. I got it with summer tires. Either way, I'm no big fan of All-Season tires and I tend to keep away as much as possible.
I currently have on mine the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3.

Enjoy your ride when you get it!

#3 ·
I managed to run the same 17" snows (Pirelli 240 sottozero) on the ES 350 and the G35x over the course of 4 winters. Unfortunately the snows are about done. Besides, the Volvo has 18's. I've tried 4 or 5 different summer/all season tires on the G, the ES and the //S6 until I finally sucked it up and bought the Michelin P2's. Phenomenal tire!! Now Nokian has the Z G2's which are very similar to the P2's only cheaper. Ideally I'd get the WRG2's for winter and the Z G2's for summer but I try to keep the expenditures down to one set of tires per year. I could try to live on the O.E. for winter and run the Z G2's when the threat of snow is gone. The reviews on the DWS make it seem like I could get away with them year round although the summer performance would lack in hard cornering.

#4 ·
So it snowed, finally. The OE tires were fine, due in no small part to the Volvo/Haldex AWD, DSC and ABS. I dropped the tire pressure down to 36 pounds. The expansion joints aren't as harsh and the ride is a little more comfortable with no noticeable loss of control.

I'm thinking of running the Z G2's 8 months of the year and the OE for winter. That should leave plenty of tread left when I turn in or trade in the car 3 years from now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.