SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Hey, I'm new and I got a question...Integrated phone

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  KTP Dave 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the forum and as you could probably tell, I'm interested in the new S40. I have been silently lurking in the background for the last few days. I have the impression that this forum is the most active and informative.

Does anyone know why the US version does not have the 'phone' button on the center console and are there plans to have it in the 2005 model? Take a look at this pdf:
http://www.volvocars-campagnes...0.pdf

Also, when is the earliest time one can order the 2005 with AWD?

BTW, the T5 lists bellow the $26,990 MSRP at local dealers in NJ.

r0tt3n

#2 ·
Re: Hey, I'm new and I got a question...Integrated phone (r0tt3n)

Welcome to Swedespeed!

This is the first time I've seen the phone button on the dash. I assume you can bundle it up with On-call at some point in the future. However, be warned that if you go with an integrated phone, you will probably be stuck with one provider (currently AT&T GSM service on the other models). So if you have Verizon, you will need to purchase a plan via AT&T and you can not use your Verizon phone in the S40.

Edit: I just looked into the S40 package I got today and in the pamphlet that says "Is it a Volvo?" it has a picture of the phone button the consol. No other mention of the phone though.

The AWDs are not coming out until early summer, June or so. You should be able to order them shortly before then.

That PDF has some nice colors in it. Deep Blue, Dark Lilac and Titanium Grey Pearl sounds great to me.

#3 ·
Re: Hey, I'm new and I got a question...Integrated phone (Volvo Grrrr)

This webcast about the v50 makes mention of the integrated phone and keyless entry:
http://v50.vcc.volvocars.se/video/ondemand.asp

Looks like the IDIS system really shows it potential when paired with the integrated phone. I'm hoping it's similar to the Acura TL with Bluetooth capability so any phone (and carrier) with bluetooth can be used.

Hopefully, these V50 features make it to the 2005 S40.

r0tt3n

Modified by r0tt3n at 3:48 AM 3-19-2004

#4 ·
Re: Hey, I'm new and I got a question...Integrated phone (r0tt3n)

If Volvo wants to put great technology into their S40/V50, then it would be bluetooth. There have been talks about bluetooth being in these cars but it's all speculation at the moment. They do mention an integrated phone in the webcast, so I assume no bluetooth.

Most featuers in the V50 will make it into the S40 as they are the same car.

Nice webcast http://********************/smile/emthup.gif The blue V50 in the beginning is the color I would get!

#5 ·

Here's a slightly different question about integrated phones...

I saw a hands free kit on the S40 brochure wherein you can attach your mobile phone, does anyone know if it works like the integrated phones?

Like phone calls will come out in the car panel and you can do txt messaging using car dash?

just curious

#6 ·
Re: Hey, I'm new and I got a question...Integrated phone (ryan)

If it's from the Volvo catalog, I would hope they have it integrated into the radio so that it mutes the radio when you receive a call and it comes out of the stock speakers (with a mic hidden somewhere). Seems like any good car kit out there really. I would think they would have a kit for a few phones out there. The reason being is that there are lots of cell phones on the market and they can not have one kit for all or have tons of kits out there.

Don't think it'll be sophisticated enough to provide text messages on the LCD screen of the stereo. Just like above, every cell phone has it's own operating system and it'll be difficult to get text messages to show up on the screen for ever/most phones.

#7 ·

Quote, originally posted by Volvo Grrrr »
Welcome to Swedespeed!

This is the first time I've seen the phone button on the dash. I assume you can bundle it up with On-call at some point in the future. However, be warned that if you go with an integrated phone, you will probably be stuck with one provider (currently AT&T GSM service on the other models). So if you have Verizon, you will need to purchase a plan via AT&T and you can not use your Verizon phone in the S40.

Edit: I just looked into the S40 package I got today and in the pamphlet that says "Is it a Volvo?" it has a picture of the phone button the consol. No other mention of the phone though.

The AWDs are not coming out until early summer, June or so. You should be able to order them shortly before then.

That PDF has some nice colors in it. Deep Blue, Dark Lilac and Titanium Grey Pearl sounds great to me.

Currently you can get AT&T Wireless but it is NOT GSM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.