View Full Version : Video Walkaround of XC90 T6 AWD at Paris Motor Show

Adrian-C30R
10-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Might want to mute the music, (or not) but it's a really nice video to give you a real perspective on how the car looks in real life, and none of those rendered photos Volvo keeps giving us. Also, can I just say that I'm very impressed at how the surface modeling of the XC90's body look with that pant scheme? :eek: I was never really a huge fan of white cars, but that color combo is gorgeous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zIvafVrqnU

XC60 RD
10-03-2014, 03:30 PM
Might want to mute the music, (or not) but it's a really nice video to give you a real perspective on how the car looks in real life, and none of those rendered photos Volvo keeps giving us. Also, can I just say that I'm very impressed at how the surface modeling of the XC90's body look with that pant scheme? :eek: I was never really a huge fan of white cars, but that color combo is gorgeous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zIvafVrqnU

AutoMotoTube always has great videos;).........

JRL
10-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Much better! :thumbup:
Boy... will that interior look like crap in 6 months, not very kid friendly!

XC60 RD
10-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Much better! :thumbup:
Boy... will that interior look like crap in 6 months, not very kid friendly!

Kids NOT allowed in beige interior without Ebola suit;).....

XC60 RD
10-03-2014, 03:52 PM
In a bloomberg video interview in Paris Hakan Samuelsson has thrown down THORS hammer stating, Volvo will compete upmarket against the THREE GERMANS..........Polestar edition here I come;)

pattyweb
10-04-2014, 01:13 PM
The video does look better than a lot of the pics. I prefer a lowered stance and the shadows in the video help it look lower to the ground.

Adrian-C30R
10-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Kids NOT allowed in beige interior without Ebola suit;).....
I second that.

XC60 RD
10-04-2014, 02:45 PM
I second that.

My kids are NOT allowed in my Pcar unless sterilized first;).........actually same goes for my XC60 RD. wife's cayenne is tan interior and it's an absolute mess!!!!!!!!!:mad:
She is NOT ALLOWED a new one until kids reach high school!.......

JMFangio
10-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Exterior is now more appealing to me than what was in the press shots. Looks great inside and out.

napster
10-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Anyone know what the name of the exterior color is. Is it a current color or new to the new XC90.

26GAP
10-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Anyone know what the name of the exterior color is. Is it a current color or new to the new XC90.

I believe it's called "Crystal White".

XC60 RD
10-04-2014, 10:58 PM

Which is a current color.........

napster
10-05-2014, 08:31 PM

Thanks, it is a nice color. Looks really sharp with the R-design 22" wheels.

GolfEsq
10-06-2014, 08:07 PM
No triple seal doors, it looks like. I have some concerns about the noise suppression in this car. The old XC90 was decent, but not great and most other Volvos that I have been in tend to be about average for wind/road noise control.

napster
10-07-2014, 09:16 AM
No triple seal doors, it looks like. I have some concerns about the noise suppression in this car. The old XC90 was decent, but not great and most other Volvos that I have been in tend to be about average for wind/road noise control.

For wind noise I think this new XC90 should be a lot better than the old one.

I found that the Cd for the old XC90 was 0.40 and the new one is stated to be 0.36 or 0.30?

Anyone have any knowledge if these numbers are true.

With a Cd of 0.30 the new XC90 should be pretty quiet in terms or wind noise at highway speeds, I would think.

Stomp
10-07-2014, 10:24 AM
I am so ready to put in my OSD order for this car - just want to see where the T8 pricing will come in so I can make a final decision on which trim I want.

VOLVO-LI
10-07-2014, 12:56 PM
I am so ready to put in my OSD order for this car - just want to see where the T8 pricing will come in so I can make a final decision on which trim I want.

I just placed my order for 2016 XC90 T6 Inscription edition [in US] and was told by the Dealer that T8 is not available to order yet (they said it would be available in Fall 2015). Also, R-Design is not available til the Fall 2016 too.

Anyone have info on the "4 Corner Electronic Air Suspension" option? Is it worth the extra cost? Does it make it feel more or less like a BMW or is it only to raise and lower the car manually like on a Range Rover?

Adrian-C30R
10-07-2014, 01:29 PM
I just placed my order for 2016 XC90 T6 Incsription edition [in US] and was told by the Dealer that T8 is not available to order yet (they said it would be available in Fall 2016). Also, R-Design is not available til the Fall 2016 too.

Anyone have info on the "4 Corner Electronic Air Suspension" option? Is it worth the extra cost? Does it make it feel more or less like a BMW or is it only to raise and lower the car manually like on a Range Rover?
4C air suspension will function like other adjustable-on-the-fly suspensions, only this one is with air bags like on a Land Rover. This means that you get multiple ride/handling combinations with the added ability to change ride height as well, for better off-roading.

XC60 RD
10-07-2014, 01:56 PM
I just placed my order for 2016 XC90 T6 Incsription edition [in US] and was told by the Dealer that T8 is not available to order yet (they said it would be available in Fall 2016). Also, R-Design is not available til the Fall 2016 too.

2016 fall even really?......I would take that with a grain of salt, most dealers dont know JACK SH....

VOLVO-LI
10-07-2014, 02:09 PM
2016 fall even really?......I would take that with a grain of salt, most dealers dont know JACK SH....

Fall 2015 delivery for T8s and R-Design.

My 2016 T6 Inscription (with 3 additional packages) order just placed is supposed to be delivered in April 2015. However, I did not order the 4C Corner Electronic Air Suspension. Hope I am not sorry.

XC60 RD
10-07-2014, 02:13 PM

My 2016 T6 Inscription (with 3 additional packages) order just placed is supposed to be delivered in April 2015. However, I did not order the 4C Corner Electronic Air Suspension. Hope I am not sorry.

I'm gonna wait for the 450hp Drive-E;)..........

Ebg
10-07-2014, 03:58 PM

Could you pls share the price list and what's in the packages?

26GAP
10-07-2014, 04:18 PM
The delaers have been given pricing packages but they are holding them very close to the vest. As I understand it, Volvo doesn't want to make these public until after the LA Auto show.

VOLVO-LI
10-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Could you pls share the price list and what's in the packages?

I do not have that yet. The dealer has a book with the info, colors and pricing - but nothing for customers.

The Inscription (in Twilight Bronze) with the 3 additional packages cost was approx. $62,000. I will ask my dealer to send me a copy of the info and post it.

I did find this online:

The XC90 T6 AWD Momentum starts at $48,900 for America. The T6 AWD Inscription carries a U.S. MSRP of $54,500. Additional details, specifications and Overseas Delivery program pricing will follow on these and other variants of the XC90 including the T6 R-Design and T8 twin engine plug-in hybrid.

nat_tex
10-08-2014, 12:52 AM
Just streamed this video from my iPad to my 60" LED TV...beautiful.

26GAP
10-08-2014, 08:47 AM
Just a plug. VCOA Members receive "Plan A" pricing. Here's the info from the VCOA site.
"Discounts on New Volvo Purchase
VCOA members holding current membership cards may participate in Volvo’s “Friends and Family” A-PLAN BY VOLVO purchase arrangement. The “A” plan is the program through which Volvo employee families purchase their private cars at the pre-negotiated dealer invoice price from participating retailers. A VCOA member and immediate family member may buy up to 2 new Volvos per year at the same price as Volvo employees do."
I've checked in the past and this basically gives you OSD pricing with local delivery ... and no haggling over price. I talked with a local dealer rep and they believed this would apply to the new XC90 as well. If you are in the market for a new Volvo, this is pretty easy justification to join the club. If I recall correctly, I think you have to be a member for six months before this is available, but I could be wrong.

GrecianVolvo
10-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Keep in mind that any VCOA-related discounts are up to the individual dealer. It is strictly a voluntary participation.

Conradi
10-08-2014, 06:07 PM
I visited the Paris Motor show today, the colour of the car is "719 Luminous Sand".
Due to the enormous amount of light, it looks almost white.