View Full Version : OSD delivery?

scthkr
12-15-2014, 12:31 PM
Does anyone have their OSD date set?

I've heard that we should start hearing about now about their personal delivery date, and that total they deliver about 20 cars per day.

I've decided to wait until the T8 pricing information is available before pulling the trigger, but I'm worried that the OSD dates will fill up. I'm trying to get a handle on how many people have already ordered the T6 version. I'm sure there are others asking the same questions that I am.

If anyone knows how to post a poll in the forum, that would be interesting and helpful.

kf93
12-15-2014, 12:59 PM
T8 won't be available in US spec until later in the fall, so if you are looking for OSD of a T8 it won't be competing with the early T6 orders.

26GAP
12-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Just thought I'd check in to see if there is an update when the OSD Delivery dates would be set? I had understood this would be 1-Dec, then it was moved to 15-Dec. So far I've heard nothing and my dealer is not aware of when these will be assigned. Anyone have any new info?

calimarc
12-19-2014, 08:33 PM
Just thought I'd check in to see if there is an update when the OSD Delivery dates would be set? I had understood this would be 1-Dec, then it was moved to 15-Dec. So far I've heard nothing and my dealer is not aware of when these will be assigned. Anyone have any new info?
My SA emailed me today beings I'm in Peru for the Holidays. He failed to have me sign a Power of Attorney when order was placed and asked me to fax a signed one back to him. Did I mention this is his first Volvo OSD ? I must be crazy huh? Anyways Volvo alerted him I'm assuming that my order was "incomplete" ... Thus I scramble to complete my order. Volvo is processing orders and finally looked at mine today to discover it was missing the power of attorney. I placed my order Nov. 3 and it was accepted by Volvo but not processed (reviewed carefully) until today it seems.

26GAP
12-22-2014, 01:43 PM
My dealer received confirmation of my delivery date today. Per the dealer, I was given the first day of delivery, which was July 13th. It appears they are about 7 weeks behind original plan.

Paradox
12-22-2014, 02:17 PM
It appears they are about 7 weeks behind original plan.

Interesting, I wonder if this is going to affect First Editions as well or if it is only for OSD orders. Maybe someone on here from Volvo will chime in on this?

calimarc
12-22-2014, 02:54 PM
My dealer received confirmation of my delivery date today. Per the dealer, I was given the first day of delivery, which was July 13th. It appears they are about 7 weeks behind original plan.
Congrats on your news for delivery. I was curious how delayed the delivery dates would be and now we know. Hope your later date didn't conflict with any of your original June 2015 plans. Can you let me know when you receive your "packet" from Volvo in the mail? Are you able to make travel arrangements now or do you still need the information (packet) direct from Volvo to do so?

26GAP
12-22-2014, 04:03 PM
Can you let me know when you receive your "packet" from Volvo in the mail? Are you able to make travel arrangements now or do you still need the information (packet) direct from Volvo to do so?
Will do. I'm not entirely sure how soon we can lock in our travel arrangements. I've understood that Volvo Travel typically wants these locked in ASAP following the assignment of the OSD.

calimarc
12-22-2014, 04:12 PM
Will do. I'm not entirely sure how soon we can lock in our travel arrangements. I've understood that Volvo Travel typically wants these locked in ASAP following the assignment of the OSD.
Were you interested in any accessories for your XC 90 ? They didn't give up any info on OSD accessories available did they? I ordered a week after you so we will see how many orders (Volvo successful) they received when I get my delivery date. It's good we finally have something concrete with all this damn waiting! haha

26GAP
12-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Were you interested in any accessories for your XC 90 ? They didn't give up any info on OSD accessories available did they?
There are some that I'm interested in, but I don't have a list of what's available or the pricing. And, I agree, it's great to at least have a date.

scthkr
12-23-2014, 08:45 AM
That stinks, I hope it doesn't push the T8 much later. Pretty sure I don't want to spend winter in Sweeden.

Shopaholic
01-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Just got an email and the earliest delivery is mid October�� Hope the car will be back in US by December 31st to put it in sevice for 2015. Very disappointed !!

Paradox
01-02-2015, 04:04 PM
^ for the T8, correct? Just wanna keep it specific.

kf93
01-02-2015, 07:22 PM
I think he's talking about the T6. I've yet to hear anything on OSD orders for the T8 and I have two dealers that were supposed to tell me when they heard anything. Mid October would be about consistent with the previously announced 7 week delay getting stretched out further.

Paradox
01-02-2015, 08:17 PM
I think he's talking about the T6. I've yet to hear anything on OSD orders for the T8 and I have two dealers that were supposed to tell me when they heard anything. Mid October would be about consistent with the previously announced 7 week delay getting stretched out further.

A user with a T6 OSD order said their delivery which will be a first delivery is July 13 and that already is accounting for the 7 week delay; it originally was supposed to be earlier than July 13th.

kf93
01-02-2015, 10:48 PM
I think he's talking about the T6 R design. From some other posts it looks like the R design is also delayed for the US market and he's been asking questions regarding the R package. If the T8 were available by Oct that would be nice but I've kind of decided to just wait until the fall anyway and see what the new generation of some of the other competitors looks like by then.

g550
01-02-2015, 11:12 PM
We turned ours in at Gothenburg on Oct 13, had it the week before turkey day

Shopaholic
01-03-2015, 03:17 AM
R design package. Norway will not get my tourist dollars, no Bergen and no fjords!

Paradox
01-03-2015, 08:28 AM
R design package. Norway will not get my tourist dollars, no Bergen and no fjords!

Thank you, that's the only reason I wanted clarification so there is no confusion as to which one. Wish it could have been earlier for ya' :(

calimarc
01-03-2015, 09:42 AM
Contacted my SA yesterday to learn my delivery date in Gothenburg will be Tuesday July 21st! Hmmmmm.... Let the itinerary building begin! This is later in the summer then I had planned but will look at hitting Germany, Austria, Italy and Switzerland. Anyone else calendared for July 21? Looking forward to showing my 6 year old son Europe!

kf93
01-03-2015, 12:12 PM
take a day during the trip and visit either Legoland or Europa Park. Your 6 year old and the inner 6 year old will thank you. They are both in southern Germany.

calimarc
01-03-2015, 12:15 PM
take a day during the trip and visit either Legoland or Europa Park. Your 6 year old and the inner 6 year old will thank you. They are both in southern Germany.
Will look into that ... Thank You!

Paradox
01-03-2015, 01:29 PM
I think I'd really consider doing an OSD order down the road if I buy a second Volvo. I've never been to Europe before so it could be quite the fun way to visit. But for those who have done it, do you think it would be a bit too much for a first time trip to Europe? Finding ones way around, driving on opposite sides of the road etc, was it all a bit overwhelming or did it add to the fun of the trip?

napster
01-03-2015, 05:12 PM
I think I'd really consider doing an OSD order down the road if I buy a second Volvo. I've never been to Europe before so it could be quite the fun way to visit. But for those who have done it, do you think it would be a bit too much for a first time trip to Europe? Finding ones way around, driving on opposite sides of the road etc, was it all a bit overwhelming or did it add to the fun of the trip?

Do it. Most of if not all of Europe drives on the same side of the road as we do. I went with my brother in-law in Sept. of 2012 to do European delivery for his M5. This was his first time driving in Europe and he had a blast. I grew up in the UK and had spent alot of time in Europe driving or being driven.

We did Munich, Saltzburg and Neuschwanstein Castle which is in Hohenschwangau. It was a quick 3 day trip but a blast, especially on the Autobahns in a new M5.

Navigating the roads was easy and the driving skill of the average Euro driver was impressive to say the least (no damn left lane hoggers any where).

g550
01-03-2015, 05:27 PM
L

It probably depends on you guys. How old? How adventurous? How adept and flexible? What's your travel history? Only you can judge. One man's fantastic time, may be another's nightmare. We've done it and also made all the arrangements for the Sweden OSD as well as all over the globe. I wouldn't discourage you, but at the same time I would say DO IT. I don't know you. How could I say that?

g550
01-03-2015, 05:29 PM
L

It probably depends on you guys. How old? How adventurous? How adept and flexible? What's your travel history? Only you can judge. One man's fantastic time, may be another's nightmare. We've done it and also made all the arrangements for the Sweden OSD as well as all over the globe. I wouldn't discourage you, but at the same time I would say DO IT. I don't know you. How could I say that? As far as finding your way---- Garmin.

Conradi
01-03-2015, 05:37 PM
Paradox, you'll definitely love it. Only in the UK and Ireland they drive at the opposite side and that are islands anyway.

Although most countries don't have borders any more, the difference between them are notable. Luckily we all use the same road signs. But especially speed limits do diver. Be aware there is no speed limit on large part of the German motor-ways. Always mirror twice before you overtake somebody to avoid you will get the signing lights of a Porsche or Bimmer from behind ;-)

Paradox
01-03-2015, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the replies all, not being familiar I didn't realize most of Europe drove in the same side as we do. Not a big big deal but something I didn't know so thanks. My family and I are vacation takers but always have stayed in the US, this sounds like it could be one fun and interesting way to take our first European vacation. This purchase counts an OSD out but it now definitely sounds like something I'd consider next go around.

Heck, my dad is due for a new vehicle within 2-3 years. He says as long as my new XC90 is a good and trouble free vehicle he'd like to consider the next gen XC60. Maybe I can convince him to do an OSD and I'll tag along to get the feel, lol. Thanks again everyone for the advice and tips from experience.

cedarholm
01-04-2015, 12:41 PM
We did OSD with our current XC90. Rented a VRBO in Hogboda in Varmland and enjoyed every minute. Even went two-tracking with the Volvo and met a moose on the trail.

Hope to do another and head up to Oslo and get on a Hurtegen cruise to Norway's fjords. Can one bump/pay to 'Business Class' on the flight?

g550
01-04-2015, 01:48 PM
Yes, you can. We paid extra to jump up to their economy plus ( more legroom and alcohol ) , so I'm sure you can go all the way into Business if you wanted.

GameGoneChange
01-04-2015, 01:50 PM

Good news for you though! Sweden is lovely in July.

GregK
01-05-2015, 10:43 AM

Fantastic.......now the planning can really take off!!!!

GregK
01-05-2015, 10:50 AM

Our OSD purchase was our first trip to Europe....absolutely fantastic experience. Hope to do it again for a XC90.....you cannot start planning too early!!!

pbfr001
01-05-2015, 07:27 PM
I posted this question to the Overseas Delivery forum but thought that there might be specific interest here considering that a number of us are planning an OSD XC90 or have recently placed an overseas order. The question is... on the XC90 OSD price list form, it mentions that tax, license, registration, document fees and dealer prep fees are not included in the OSD price. The first three (tax, license, and registration) are pretty straight forward, but different people seem to have different experiences with the last two; document fees and dealer prep fees. Having not done an OSD before, I'm curious to know what others have paid for document fees and dealer prep fees and if you successfully negotiated these down. I know some dealers gouge buyers on these and many comments suggest these are totally discretionary. Thanks for your comments.

g550
01-05-2015, 07:46 PM
No doc or prep fees for me.

pbfr001
01-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Thanks g550. Which State did you buy your car in?

g550
01-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Indiana. No extra fees, whatsoever. Just gave me the keys to a spotless car with another tank of gas.

scthkr
01-06-2015, 08:10 AM
That raises a good question, do you have to buy your OSD and any extended warranty at the same location? Furthermore, could I use a third dealership for the service?

This would be nice to help shop around for the best options. Our closest dealership does very few OSD, and has not been able to answer many of our questions. Yet, it would be nice to use them for maintenance. I don't want to drive to Indiana every time I need an oil change.

William
01-06-2015, 09:40 AM
That raises a good question, do you have to buy your OSD and any extended warranty at the same location? Furthermore, could I use a third dealership for the service?

This would be nice to help shop around for the best options. Our closest dealership does very few OSD, and has not been able to answer many of our questions. Yet, it would be nice to use them for maintenance. I don't want to drive to Indiana every time I need an oil change.

Yes. This could be with possible with three different Volvo dealers.

scthkr
01-06-2015, 11:25 AM
Thank you William.