View Full Version : UK Preview in January!

catflap
01-06-2015, 03:57 PM
I've been invited to an exclusive preview of the XC90 here in the UK on the 24th January. Pity we cant drive it yet!

Hoping to take lots of pictures, will post them here - If anyone has specific areas of interest let me know!

Image - Dropbox Link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8z330wv1w1g58o/Screenshot%202015-01-06%2020.53.04.png?dl=0)

Paradox
01-06-2015, 04:07 PM
I've been invited to an exclusive preview of the XC90 here in the UK on the 24th January. Pity we cant drive it yet!

Hoping to take lots of pictures, will post them here - If anyone has specific areas of interest let me know!

Image - Dropbox Link (https://www.dropbox.com/s/a8z330wv1w1g58o/Screenshot%202015-01-06%2020.53.04.png?dl=0)

I'm jealous! I wish they'd do some type of showing in NYC before the First Editions arrive, I'd like to see it as well.

Thanks for the offer to take questions as well as posting up the pics you take while there, much appreciated. I'm sure I can narrow down a few questions I've had to just one or two before you go, haha.

I wonder why Volvo is keeping people from driving this vehicle, urgh. I'd love to hear some driving impressions at this point. Maybe it's because these are still pre-production units but come on, let some experience it and post thoughts...

catflap
01-06-2015, 04:11 PM
No problem - let me know! These events seem to be taking place in Jan throughout Europe.

I'm surprised that none of the motoring press / journalists have had the chance to drive it yet!

Adrian-C30R
01-06-2015, 04:42 PM
No problem - let me know! These events seem to be taking place in Jan throughout Europe.

I'm surprised that none of the motoring press / journalists haven't had the chance to drive it yet!

+1 I've been SUUPEERR anxious to see what they think. The cars are said to hit lots in 3 months away now, aren't they?!?!

fleuger99
01-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Anyone know when test drive vehicles hit dealerships in US?

pbfr001
01-06-2015, 06:14 PM
I'm in the Bay Area (California) and was told by my dealer a couple of weeks ago that XC90s are expected in showrooms around the start of April.

Paradox
01-06-2015, 06:26 PM
I'm in the Bay Area (California) and was told by my dealer a couple of weeks ago that XC90s are expected in showrooms around the start of April.

I could be wrong but I was told the ones hitting late March for east coasters and early April for west coasters are first edition deliveries and demo models that wouldn't be for sale. (Would not be for sale immediately as they would be cars for dealerships to initially show and offer test rides in until more units become available, that's how it was explained to me)

Freddyteddy
01-07-2015, 05:28 AM
Volvo Cars Netherlands have invited potential customers for a sneak preview on Januari 14th and 15th. And the Dutch Volvo Forum members (myself included) will get to see the car this Saturday. I can't wait any longer!!

Paradox
01-08-2015, 09:46 AM
If when you guys see the car could you get some pics of the info displayed on the windshield by the HUD, should the HUD be on and actually projecting an image onto the windshield.

Also, if you wouldn't mind, could you please get a picture of legroom in the 2nd row both the first and second rows slid back as far as they could go?

Thanks very much in advance.

Freddyteddy
01-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Tomorrow I can't go to the Dutch Volvo Forum preview unfortunately. I have to work, so I will have to wait a bit longer until the 14th.

i knew that Volvo Italia had a preview today and I found some pictures (http://www.volvoclub.it/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=a3699a8b9d23878f98903bcca672d5 be&topic=43130.msg751823;topicseen#new) taken on that event.

When I get to see the car in person I will try to make the pictures requested by Paradox.

Here is the Google translation from one of the visitors of this preview:

Black inscription D5 AWD, 21 ", full led on. Spectacular! The room still empty, a dozen people. We have the opportunity to make two pictures and analyze it quickly in full view.
Impressive. Personally, live, deserves very much even with body onyx black.
Fantastic the rear, no SUV has a line like that. With those headlights vertically following the curves of the sides (also characteristic of series 60), proportionately perfect, everything in its place.
Classic test of opening and closing the door, perfect. Calvin, as possessor of xc90, confirms that the pace of quality occurred :)
Calvin, up 1.90 and driver seat adjusted more or less according to his need, I, 1.70 sitting behind had all the space I wanted.
I was not entirely convinced the rear center armrest, too skinny and not in tune with the rest of the seats.
Seats arriving at the peak of perfection! Perforated soft nappa leather. Massage, heated is ventilated (even the rear). They are not like the seats dell'XC90 previous, but comfortable "dishes". But they are very enveloping. This, however, does not make difficult the ascent and descent by the front seats. Beautiful the cover threshold lit even if the rear ones are "undersized".
The seats are very thin and the space on board thanks. Because sitting extendable, loses pockets below the knees (maximum disappointment by volvisti present at the presentation of the news spread hahaha), also lack the front pockets at the knees of the rear passengers. The front seats have a soft plastic shell, sin (I'll put on V60 inside giubbo cartarinfrangente, at least I can wear it in the cockpit without taking it out of the trunk).
Third row: I expose myself not so much because I do not understand but the seats were as big as the second-row seats, well-shaped, open and chiedibili electronically (a hoot !!). Also present were the side armrests with bottle holder and air vents. Baule, according to Calvin, a little bigger than the previous series. Obviously, perfectly flat in the third row closed.
Present the 12V socket (not sure if the series or just the inscription) and ... 2 keys to lower / raise the rear axle air suspension to finding loading suitcases .... Entertainment, guys! Hahah
Heck what I wrote, I shorten a bit 'haha
Fantastic driving position. The steering wheel is nice, but the Fiat 500, 12-inch tachometer with outstanding graphics. Present the head-up display. While the ships 10 ", the pictures looked bigger, live has less effect but still beautiful !! You get easily across the screen. Excellent materials, I poked around for every good finish but no complaints there.

We talked for half an hour with a gentleman of the organization, we hammered with questions! Hahah
- Confirms that the AWD is also coming on D4 190cv!
- Has tried it (he owns a XC70 D5 AWD III) and said it was amazing, it looks like a SUV, the exceptional coupled VEA- 8marce (believe, 470nm of torque ..); says that with 70 liters of diesel you can do 840/850 km.
- I investigated for various vibrations etc. I said that many vendors have changed and that his (in my "third degree") said that there is nothing of Chinese. All xc90 will be produced in Sweden. The plastics are coated neoprene !!! To avoid crunches etc .. Hopefully not happen again!
- Sold 12 xc90 first edition in Italy !! Good news. I thought 1 or 2. The production slows in May (they had said in April) to finish to produce the 1927 first edition. The production part of February 1, in a few weeks.

On leaving we were handed a bag with Volvo in the brochure (facts very well, by the way). Unfortunately bags were available a writing event. I could not take in any more.
Returning to the V60 I ​​felt on a vintage car :(

Sorry for the slowness but I wanted to make you feel at the event! If you have any questions just ask.
Follow photos. (Not beautiful because there were too many bets on the car lights and bother).

Paradox
01-09-2015, 12:16 PM
Great find, thanks for sharing the link as well as the translation Freddyteddy.

Urgh, they mentioned the massaging seats again! lol I wonder why can't we get em' here in the US... It looks like they used what, a cell phone for the pictures, wish they had higher quality but I really like the design of this vehicle, much more so than my current vehicle quite honestly. I also, never having owned an air suspension vehicle, the tanks were mounted like that under the floor in the trunk. Can't wait to finally drive and experience this vehicle... Just a few months now.

Is that a cd player mounted in the back of the center console? I had never even seen that there before in other pictures. I was wondering if it had one where it is but having everything on MP3 now I don't know if I'd even use it...

Freddyteddy
01-09-2015, 12:42 PM
And here's a (Volvo) clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDoEp9NMXzw) of the event.

Conradi
01-11-2015, 08:37 AM
Volvo Netherlands held it's preview this weekend. They had only one XC90 on display. Unfortunately it's exactly the same car as exposed during the Paris Motor show. A hand-build preproduction with a lot of non-functioning details.
This is a T6 in Momentum trim painted in #719 Luminous Sand with 21”accessory wheels.

Any way, it still looks so gorgeous :cool:

http://s25.postimg.org/udb47qwu7/IMG_2630.jpg
http://s25.postimg.org/pq525z9hb/IMG_2628.jpg
http://s25.postimg.org/bz0l3rkjj/IMG_2629.jpg

cedarholm
01-11-2015, 11:36 AM
Just stunning!

I'd sure hate to have to put a trailer hitch on that.

Although I've heard it can be hidden.

Paradox
01-11-2015, 11:55 AM
Just stunning!

I'd sure hate to have to put a trailer hitch on that.

Although I've heard it can be hidden.

To see the hidden one on video, follow this link and scroll down to the video under pack and load: http://www.volvocars.com/intl/master/cars/new-models/all-new-xc90/accessories

cedarholm
01-11-2015, 05:20 PM
To see the hidden one on video, follow this link and scroll down to the video under pack and load: http://www.volvocars.com/intl/master/cars/new-models/all-new-xc90/accessories

Very nice! Thanks.