View Full Version : Base trimlevel, Kinetic

Conradi
02-20-2015, 08:01 AM
http://s25.postimg.org/n45rhr0lb/XC90_Kinetic.jpg

In some configurators the Base XC90 trim level, called Kinetic, has been introduced.

Major differences:
- Halogen instead of LED headlights, so no ‘Thor’s Hammer’ running lights
- 18” wheels
- No roof rail
- Black exterior parts
- Textile upholstery
- Small 8” instrument panel

scoutv50
02-20-2015, 08:12 AM
Any idea what the interior looks like with that 8" display?

Blizzard
02-20-2015, 08:41 AM
8" vs 12.3":

http://s25.postimg.org/ua935oe2n/207570020_w988_h741.jpg

Blizzard
02-20-2015, 08:46 AM
I think it looks cheap in this trim level.

finnvolvo
02-20-2015, 08:55 AM
I on the other hand, think this looks good. I know I am probably in the minority, but I like the black cladding. Makes the XC90 look more rugged.

Ideally I could have a Kinetic version and then build it a'la carte to suit my taste. But I know that will not happen as I will have to pay (and increase Volvo's bottom line) for things that I really could do without (navigation, sunroof, 3rd row etc.)

goVolvo
02-20-2015, 10:41 AM
I think it looks cheap in this trim level.

Because it will be sold cheaper than Momemtum. How much cheaper is it in configurator? $3k? Does not seem to be big difference financially.

Hope it attracts more buyers but not my cup of tea.

detourdog
02-20-2015, 11:10 AM
I on the other hand, think this looks good. I know I am probably in the minority, but I like the black cladding. Makes the XC90 look more rugged.

Ideally I could have a Kinetic version and then build it a'la carte to suit my taste. But I know that will not happen as I will have to pay (and increase Volvo's bottom line) for things that I really could do without (navigation, sunroof, 3rd row etc.)

I'm with you on the exterior. I would order that and build it out with all the tech options.

pattyweb
02-20-2015, 11:25 AM
8" No thanks. LOL, the segmented fuel gauge. Interesting though that at least Volvo added A LOT more segments. Is that the worlds biggest fuel gauge?

When did people start caring so much about what actual gear they are in?

What is the cost difference to write and qa the extra software to handle the two different screens versus just having stuck with the one larger nicer screen?

rfkuehn
02-20-2015, 12:04 PM
I didn't think this would appear until the fall. Is this where T5 & D4 come into the range? FWD? AWD optional?

Blizzard
02-20-2015, 12:23 PM

I can't stand that black cladding. that's why I had to paint the black trims in my XC90.

http://s3.postimg.org/7ndj5eygj/20130728_103630_1.jpg

Because it will be sold cheaper than Momemtum. How much cheaper is it in configurator? $3k? Does not seem to be big difference financially.

Hope it attracts more buyers but not my cup of tea.

didn't they claim to go up market? none of their german competitors offer such a trim level. I hope it will be available only in a few markets.

What is the cost difference to write and qa the extra software to handle the two different screens versus just having stuck with the one larger nicer screen?
I think it's kind of marketing strategy. some customers will pay $$$ in order to get those little details.

Conradi
02-20-2015, 12:32 PM
I didn't think this would appear until the fall. Is this where T5 & D4 come into the range? FWD? AWD optional?

Correct, Volvo want to sell first up-market. Due to the delayed R-line and T8 I won't be surprise it will be 2016.

The LCD is definitely not developed for the XC90 only, but will return in other SPA-models. In these vehicles the total amount of low-level trim levels will but much larger. Please note the one-dial approach with the static gauges on the side is comparable with the functionality of the actual LCD-instrument of the 40/60/70-series. The new 8” has or course more functionality.

detourdog
02-20-2015, 12:52 PM
I can't stand that black cladding. that's why I had to paint the black trims in my XC90.

That is really funny I have been thinking about replacing all the chrome trim on inscription replaced with base color around the headlights and black on the silver strip that runs along the doors and the roof rack. I thought I was getting a little crazy but now I see that things like this are done.

Thanks,

Ben

rfkuehn
02-21-2015, 08:36 AM
Well it's a matter of personal preference. I actually like it more minimalist and rugged.

The stick-on "rugged pack" looks even less native than on the Q5.

But, I would spend extra $ on headlights and bigger wheels.

Swagger XC
02-24-2015, 03:11 AM
Does anyone know if this trim level will make it to the US? After a few "fully loaded" cars one of these would be nice. More in the sense that there is less of a possibility of things failing when out of warranty.