View Full Version : First Edition Delay is Official.....Plus the Power 3rd Row....

1stEditionXC90
02-26-2015, 05:30 PM
Got an email today from Volvo....First Edition is expected to be delivered in June. Plus power 3rd row won't come even with First Edition. Pretty sad....
The bright side is Volvo is getting more responsive and also offer me real gifts of
1. Orrefors Crystal Bowl (cost $60-$100 depends on size of the bowl)
2. Bowers and Wilkins Headphone (looks like it will be P5 S2, which costs about $300)

BTW, I am still waiting for my Stutterheim raincoat from Volvo as the 1st edition order gift. Not sure why it takes them so long to ship me a raincoat!

See Below for quotes from the email received from Volvo:

"
First, let me congratulate and thank you for ordering your all-new Volvo XC90 First Edition. I'd like to take this opportunity to fill you in on a few important updates regarding your new car.

The start of production has just begun at our Torslanda Plant in Gothenburg, Sweden, and we expect your car to be delivered in June. You'll see firsthand why the all-new XC90 First Edition has earned such high acclaim for its intuitive touchscreen, smart performance and semi-autonomous safety technologies.

I'm pleased to share you'll receive Apple CarPlay, an exciting complimentary feature, as soon as it becomes available in late fall. CarPlay seamlessly integrates into the large center display, so you can easily communicate, navigate and enjoy music by voice or touch. We'll send you more information on CarPlay closer to its introduction.

I also want to update you on the power third row feature, which will not go into production until late 2015. As a result, it will not be included in your car. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. You'll still enjoy the convenience of a folding third row, which features luxurious theater-style seating to give both children and adults alike the benefit of a superior view.

Please stay tuned for more news on the all-new XC90 First Edition. And while you're waiting for your new car, we'd like to give you two special gifts, which will arrive shortly: An Orrefors crystal bowl, resembling the jewel-like details of the XC90 and a pair of premium Bowers & Wilkins headphones for a unique sound experience, similar to the concert hall acoustics you'll enjoy in your new car.
Orrefors Crystal Bowl
Orrefors Crystal Bowl
Bowers & Wilkins Headphones
If you have any questions, please contact your Volvo Dealer or contact our Customer Care Center by calling 1-800-748-0009 or writing [email protected]

With warm regards,
Bodil Eriksson
Bodil Eriksson
EVP, Product, Brand, Communications
Volvo Cars of North America, LLC
"

volvokhaled
02-27-2015, 04:47 AM
Congratulations to the car and the gifts haha, nice touch from Volvo!

volvocu
02-27-2015, 06:35 AM
Seems Mrs.Eriksson has given Volvo a boost in customer satisfaction and brand perception, well done!

Conradi
02-27-2015, 11:48 AM
Seems Mrs.Eriksson has given Volvo a boost in customer satisfaction and brand perception, well done!

Mrs. Eriksson, Bodil for friends, sure knows how to right a proper letter! I just got a call from a junior-sales-representative-trainee who more or less shouted "They skipped the 3rd row!". After some discussion I found out he mend the power option ;)

On the other hand, the trainee offered me € 500 in return, but Bodil comes only with a $100 bowl :rolleyes:

1stEditionXC90
02-27-2015, 11:52 AM
Mrs. Eriksson, Bodil for friends, sure knows how to right a proper letter! I just got a call from a junior-sales-representative-trainee who more or less shouted "They skipped the 3rd row!". After some discussion I found out he mend the power option ;)

On the other hand, the trainee offered me € 500 in return, but Bodil comes only with a $100 bowl :rolleyes:

How exactly did you get him to offer you € 500? Details please!

Conradi
02-27-2015, 12:56 PM
Whoops, of course the comparison is unfair and my intention was not to judge.

In Europe all these options are individual priced. Due to legal issues, it's therefore diffecult for Volvo not to refund the price-tage they indicated themselves....

Adrian-C30R
02-28-2015, 01:37 AM

Indeed. Though, I wonder if I could swap out the P5s for the T7. :D;)

volvobuff
02-28-2015, 06:38 AM
I am a bit confused here. I had thought that Apple Play was an integral feature of the new SPA infotainment system being first offered in the XC90. If Apple Play will not be available until late this year and presumably will be retrofitted to earlier production vehicles, I would hope that the infotainment system will have at least some sort of limited functionality until such time as Apple Play is ready for prime time. I find the delayed release both interesting and a matter for concern, insofar as fully-functional mockups of the system have been demoed at auto shows for the past year or so. Anyone have any further information on this subject?

Paradox
02-28-2015, 07:22 AM
I am a bit confused here. I had thought that Apple Play was an integral feature of the new SPA infotainment system being first offered in the XC90. If Apple Play will not be available until late this year and presumably will be retrofitted to earlier production vehicles, I would hope that the infotainment system will have at least some sort of limited functionality until such time as Apple Play is ready for prime time. I find the delayed release both interesting and a matter for concern, insofar as fully-functional mockups of the system have been demoed at auto shows for the past year or so. Anyone have any further information on this subject?

Yes, the manual for the new XC90 has been released in Canada online and the unit can still play music until CarPlay is out. It's like other vehicles that have been on the market for a while, they can still play and control music on various devices, display texts (some can) and so on even though they have not had CarPlay.

I think the delay on this is not on Volvo but rather on Apple because the new Hyundai was supposed to have CarPlay as well and it had to be delayed for unknown reasons. Others like Mercedes were supposed to also have CarPlay functionality on 2015 models if I'm not mistaken and they too had to delay its inclusion.

Added thought, I remember someone on here posting that having used the audio system at one of the auto shows they found the system as it is without CarPlay very adept at interacting with their phone, playing music etc.

GrecianVolvo
02-28-2015, 12:41 PM
CarPlay is an additional feature of the new HMI. The Beta versions of the HMI demo you have been seeing do not have CarPlay integrated. Actually, the standard software that will be available right from the start, is very very good and heads and shoulders above what the other manufacturers offer with their current HMIs.

Patience, people! :cool:

Conradi
02-28-2015, 01:43 PM
Carplay will be available this fall, properly by the introduction of iOS9. It will be a software-update for the prepared XC90's. The system will get more functionality than today’s available (after market) CarPlay solutions. For you less important, but Apple is busy to develop support of the small European languages to Siri. In a few month I can speak for the first time to Siri in my own language .

Besides that, the Sensus HMI does support possible apps. So hopefully Volvo will come with some native apps for general purpose services like Spotify.

Jekecy
02-28-2015, 01:55 PM
The system will get more functionality than today’s available (after market) CarPlay solutions.
Can you explain this part? I thought CarPlay was standardized, therefore it's identical to any system which implements it?

GrecianVolvo
02-28-2015, 03:08 PM
Can you explain this part? I thought CarPlay was standardized, therefore it's identical to any system which implements it?

I will go out on a limb here and state that there are going to be differences between several interfaces. For example, Volvo's new HMI (being in a portrait mode) will allow for increased flexibility. And, based in what I have heard, each manufacturer that has contracted with Apple, took CarPlay and adapted it to their philosophy. I have heard that Apple's feedback to Volv was that Volvo's CarPlay version was the best execution among the ten brands that have signed up for it.

turbomama
03-01-2015, 07:05 AM
The comparison and the rolling of your eyes is unfair.

First of all, what is the difference in price between a Dutch XC90 and a U.S. XC90?
Second, the offer of a gift is not "just $100". I can assure you that the Orrefors Crystal and me the B&W heaphones cost similar to what you got.

Hello! Has anyone seen the $200 price reduction
For absence of power third row? The email did not mention a price decrease. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conradi
03-01-2015, 07:29 AM
I will go out on a limb here and state that there are going to be differences between several interfaces. For example, Volvo's new HMI (being in a portrait mode) will allow for increased flexibility. And, based in what I have heard, each manufacturer that has contracted with Apple, took CarPlay and adapted it to their philosophy. I have heard that Apple's feedback to Volv was that Volvo's CarPlay version was the best execution among the ten brands that have signed up for it.

That's correct Yannis,
CarPlay runs on third-party hard- en software because Apple won't give their iOS-eco system to others. Therefore it's depending on the functionality and flexibility of the third party solution. The initial idea to make CarPlay more or less equal on all brands would limited functionality to the capabilities of the weakest parties.

volvobuff
03-01-2015, 08:58 AM
Thanks to all for the clarification of the Apple Play functionality. I now understand that AP essentially runs in a shell on top of the car's HMI and that the implementation and integration will be different, at least in appearance, from one marque to another. Wholly coincidentally, my wife and I had dinner with my Volvo salesman last night; I asked him the same question, not having seen the above answers until now, and he explained to me the interim functionality of the HMI until such time as the AP software upgrade is made available. It is all clear to me now how this will all work.

Idle thought: I wonder how many Volvo owners socialize with their salesman, given the typically adversarial nature that the customer-salesperson relationship frequently entails? Might make for an interesting new thread... :)

pattyweb
03-02-2015, 09:41 AM
And, based in what I have heard, each manufacturer that has contracted with Apple, took CarPlay and adapted it to their philosophy. I have heard that Apple's feedback to Volv was that Volvo's CarPlay version was the best execution among the ten brands that have signed up for it.

Could you elaborate or point to some article?

What I've read is, like most other apple stuff, CarPlay is not customizable and that it will look the same on all cars. What exactly is different about Volvo's interface?

Percy311
03-18-2015, 10:02 AM
Do you by chance have the EXACT email address that this email came from? I have a client that has to add this to his approved email list as he did NOT get this email.
Also, what was the exact date that it came through?
Thanks!
Is there any way to forward the email to me?

Got an email today from Volvo....First Edition is expected to be delivered in June. Plus power 3rd row won't come even with First Edition. Pretty sad....
The bright side is Volvo is getting more responsive and also offer me real gifts of
1. Orrefors Crystal Bowl (cost $60-$100 depends on size of the bowl)
2. Bowers and Wilkins Headphone (looks like it will be P5 S2, which costs about $300)

BTW, I am still waiting for my Stutterheim raincoat from Volvo as the 1st edition order gift. Not sure why it takes them so long to ship me a raincoat!

See Below for quotes from the email received from Volvo:

"
First, let me congratulate and thank you for ordering your all-new Volvo XC90 First Edition. I'd like to take this opportunity to fill you in on a few important updates regarding your new car.

The start of production has just begun at our Torslanda Plant in Gothenburg, Sweden, and we expect your car to be delivered in June. You'll see firsthand why the all-new XC90 First Edition has earned such high acclaim for its intuitive touchscreen, smart performance and semi-autonomous safety technologies.

I'm pleased to share you'll receive Apple CarPlay, an exciting complimentary feature, as soon as it becomes available in late fall. CarPlay seamlessly integrates into the large center display, so you can easily communicate, navigate and enjoy music by voice or touch. We'll send you more information on CarPlay closer to its introduction.

I also want to update you on the power third row feature, which will not go into production until late 2015. As a result, it will not be included in your car. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. You'll still enjoy the convenience of a folding third row, which features luxurious theater-style seating to give both children and adults alike the benefit of a superior view.

Please stay tuned for more news on the all-new XC90 First Edition. And while you're waiting for your new car, we'd like to give you two special gifts, which will arrive shortly: An Orrefors crystal bowl, resembling the jewel-like details of the XC90 and a pair of premium Bowers & Wilkins headphones for a unique sound experience, similar to the concert hall acoustics you'll enjoy in your new car.
Orrefors Crystal Bowl
Orrefors Crystal Bowl
If you have any questions, please contact your Volvo Dealer or contact our Customer Care Center by calling 1-800-748-0009 or writing [email protected]

With warm regards,
Bodil Eriksson
Bodil Eriksson
EVP, Product, Brand, Communications
Volvo Cars of North America, LLC
"

1stEditionXC90
03-18-2015, 12:18 PM
the email is from :Volvo <[email protected]>

and it was sent on Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 2:06 PM

Paradox
03-18-2015, 12:24 PM
I went to the pioneer page ( http://www.volvocars.com/intl/all-cars/all-new-volvo-xc90/Pages/default.aspx#/pioneers/pioneer ) that shows all the 'famous' xc90 first edition 'pioneers' today and noticed someone's been removed. Her name, I think, was Jenna Dewan Tatum, wife of actor Channing Tatum. I don't remember her number (maybe 531?) but she was at the end of the list toward the right and she is not there anymore.

I wonder if she was removed because she cancelled her order?

Edit, yeah it was 531.
http://i.imgur.com/7YI6y5d.jpg

Probably just a cancellation, others seemed to have disappeared off the site as well, like #3.
http://i.imgur.com/Oke36lf.jpg

I wonder if anyone who grabbed up one of their numbers is on Swedespeed, lol.

Edit 2: And now they added jenna (531) back on the website. 3/20/15

adp
03-18-2015, 01:31 PM
gee, if I knew i was going to be profiled, I might have opted for a FE

Percy311
03-19-2015, 10:47 AM
the email is from :volvo <[email protected]>

and it was sent on thu, feb 26, 2015 at 2:06 pm

thanks!

turbomama
03-24-2015, 12:35 PM
Has anyone received any communication since the Feb 26 email to share?

Paradox
03-25-2015, 10:51 AM
Has anyone received any communication since the Feb 26 email to share?

Nothing here. Have any other First Edition people called and received their VIN number from their dealer yet so we can begin tracking our vehicles once they are on their way?

turbomama
03-25-2015, 11:24 AM
Were you able to do that Paradox?

Paradox
03-25-2015, 11:43 AM
Were you able to do that Paradox?

Last I asked they said they think early April since Volvo does not want dealers going in and changing things on the vehicle before/while in production since FE's must be built with with specific options etc. Don't know if that's a story or truth though, so just wondering if anyone else has been able to get theirs.

I only want it so I can track my vehicle once it ships (https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?31504-Tracking-Volvo-shipment-and-delivery). I've done this for past car purchases and it's fun seeing it make its trek over here, at least it is to me, lol.

liumichael
03-25-2015, 12:20 PM
Last I asked they said they think early April since Volvo does not want dealers going in and changing things on the vehicle before/while in production since FE's must be built with with specific options etc. Don't know if that's a story or truth though, so just wondering if anyone else has been able to get theirs.

I only want it so I can track my vehicle once it ships (https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?31504-Tracking-Volvo-shipment-and-delivery). I've done this for past car purchases and it's fun seeing it make its trek over here, at least it is to me, lol.

Would you able to track production or delivery? For you past volvo car purchases, how long do it takes to delivery your car after finishing production?

Paradox
03-25-2015, 12:27 PM
Would you able to track production or delivery? For you past volvo car purchases, how long do it takes to delivery your car after finishing production?

You can track it once on a ship till it leaves port for your dealer. Follow the link I provided above to a thread all about tracking.

I have never owned a volvo before, so my tracking experience comes from other vehicles listed in my signature. Volvo seems tracking friendly using the VIN from the sounds of it; in the past all I got was the vessel name and then I had to research that vessel myself and track just the vessels as they came from Japan. With the info in that thread it seems you can get a lot of good details.

1stEditionXC90
03-25-2015, 02:36 PM
According to my dealer, the FE will be delivered to me around late May or early June. They will get their 2 or 3 demo XC90 in April or May. Also, all the FE raincoats should be delivered in the next 2 weeks.

Paradox
03-25-2015, 02:40 PM
According to my dealer, the FE will be delivered to me around late May or early June. They will get their 2 or 3 demo XC90 in April or May. Also, all the FE raincoats should be delivered in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for the update on what you've heard. So no VIN for you yet I take it. Still 'hurts' dealers now get their demo cars before the First Editions get delivered which is a departure from what was originally said, but oh well.

turbomama
03-25-2015, 04:35 PM
I second that Paradox! I assume it was a business decision to have cars on lots prior to us driving around our FE.

AussieMikeD5
03-25-2015, 10:02 PM
One advantage is you can take the demo cars to feel the real performance and run up miles on their car.

Regards,

Michael

turbomama
04-01-2015, 11:44 AM
Hi. Does anyone know if the First Edition will have the heated steering wheel as part of the climate package? Thx!!

Paradox
04-01-2015, 11:50 AM
Hi. Does anyone know if the First Edition will have the heated steering wheel as part of the climate package? Thx!!

Afaik, yes, First Edition has heated steering wheel. It will not have the power third row that we know of, carplay until it comes out the end of the year nor will it have heated electric front windshield because it has the hud. It basically has everything else.

GrecianVolvo
04-01-2015, 01:03 PM

Yes, that is included.

turbomama
04-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Thanks!!

ajjiang48
04-26-2015, 08:59 AM
is there any FE purchaser receive the B & W headphone and Orrefors crystal bowl ? do they give 1 or 2 B & W headphone ?, since the original e-mail said it's "a pair of headphones", so I assume it should be 2; maybe it's my misunderstanding, thank you for the clarification.

Paradox
04-26-2015, 09:58 AM
is there any FE purchaser receive the B & W headphone and Orrefors crystal bowl ? do they give 1 or 2 B & W headphone ?, since the original e-mail said it's "a pair of headphones", so I assume it should be 2; maybe it's my misunderstanding, thank you for the clarification.

I've received no 'gifts' nor any more communication about these items mentioned in that original email. I had assumed just one headphone, which is typically called a pair of headphones.

ajjiang48
04-26-2015, 10:17 AM
I've received no 'gifts' nor any more communication about these items mentioned in that original email. I had assumed just one headphone, which is typically called a pair of headphones.

OK, it's my misunderstanding. BTW, we here in Taiwan just received it; it's a B&W P5 S2 headphones and the Orrefors legend leaves bowl.
Thanks for clarification.

turbomama
04-26-2015, 11:46 AM
OK, it's my misunderstanding. BTW, we here in Taiwan just received it; it's a B&W P5 S2 headphones and the Orrefors legend leaves bowl.
Thanks for clarification.

Thank you for letting us know. Not received here yet over in Washington State.

SocDave
04-26-2015, 11:51 AM
Nothing received here in Michigan. And what about the raincoat that some have mentioned as a third gift?

turbomama
04-26-2015, 12:59 PM
I received the raincoat in March.

Paradox
04-26-2015, 01:36 PM
No raincoat here as well as no bowl or headphones.

I hope CarPlay remains complimentary as promised in the email come the end of the year.

9Volvos
04-26-2015, 10:01 PM
I have received official notice of all three but I have received nothing. I call the headquarters but they do not call back. It is not unreasonable to wait for them before I get the SUV.

T5_awd
05-04-2015, 02:09 PM
I've seen a First Edition at a Swedish Volvo dealer, for delivery to a lucky customer very soon. :thumbup::)

Paradox
05-04-2015, 02:18 PM
I've seen a First Edition at a Swedish Volvo dealer, for delivery to a lucky customer very soon. :thumbup::)

Do you happen to remember so it can be confirmed by a visual sighting that a FE does in fact have a black headliner? Thanks

volvokhaled
05-04-2015, 02:20 PM
A friend of mine in Russia is about to receive his FE. I've seen some pictures of it, it's has the badges and the black headlines.

Paradox
05-04-2015, 02:22 PM
A friend of mine in Russia is about to receive his FE. I've seen some pictures of it, it's has the badges and the black headlines.

Nice, I was really hoping it would have the black headliner so having confirmation is great. Thanks volvokhaled :)

T5_awd
05-09-2015, 09:46 AM
I saw one more FE today. Not yet delivered. I found one thing very strange. The stitching on the doors are white, but black on the dashboard. I thought it would be Amber-Stitching on the FE. :confused:

And yes, I know that it's a First Edition because it hade the "First Edition/Inscription" badge ;)

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o746/BGonne/IMG_9813_zpsscsupyhw.jpg

calimarc
05-09-2015, 10:09 AM
I saw one more FE today. Not yet delivered. I found one thing very strange. The stitching on the doors are white, but black on the dashboard. I thought it would be Amber-Stitching on the FE. :confused:

And yes, I know that it's a First Edition because it hade the "First Edition/Inscription" badge ;)

Was this stateside? So that owner can expect delivery within the week? Parodox where are you?! lol This is the moment you been waiting for!

volvokhaled
05-09-2015, 10:12 AM
He's from Sweden. Me too and I saw to FE's yesterday that were delivered! :)

Gc52
05-09-2015, 11:22 AM

Maybe they're just using the leftover parts from the demos to make the FEs.

Just kidding but that is bizarre...but I kind of hope mine is like that. I know everyones complaining about how busy the amber interior can get but that looks great. And I think contrast stitching on the dash might bug me. Do you happen to have any other pictures you could post?

Thanks for this one though.

Jekecy
05-09-2015, 12:02 PM

Do you have more pics of the interior and exterior? I'd love to see how the FE looks in the real world.

Paradox
05-09-2015, 12:24 PM
Was this stateside? So that owner can expect delivery within the week? Parodox where are you?! lol This is the moment you been waiting for!

Lol, I'm here. I got to drive my dealerships momentum today. Very nice car, I thought the standard leather was nice, not as bad as what I've been reading on here. Definitely nicer than the leather in my current Infiniti QX60. Dynamic mode makes for a brisker feel, better pedal response and all that. The steering in comfort is light, it takes no effort to turn the wheel quickly. Engine definitely sounds like a 4 but not overly loud and had enough power, at least for me. Start stop worked nicely, I was afraid of more lag from when you go from brake to pedal to accelerate but it's responsive quickly enough. I have seen in videos people having trouble with the foot operated trunk opener but it worked fine for me the 5 or 6 times I tried it. I didn't play much with the stereo as it was not the bowers and Wilkins and that's what I really want to hear. Standard suspension seemed fine to me so air should really knock it out of the park. It is smaller in person than I was expecting, at least compared to my qx60. The specs align quite similar to it but it just looks smaller. The seats are uber comfortable, seating position is more than I had expected as was rear leg room. There was a malfunction when I put the fear fog lights on but supposedly Volvo knows about it and is working in a fix. More later but overall happy with it. Glad to see a pic of a real world FE keep me coming! Shame the stitching was not Amber all around, weird.

T5_awd
05-09-2015, 02:16 PM
The FE-interior looks AMAZING! My T8 is a copy of that interior. If I could choose I'd want Amber or white stitching on both the doors and dash.

Sorry, I don't have any more photos. It looks like a "regular" Onyx black XC90 Inscription with 21". This one also had the dealer installed running boards.

Paradox
05-09-2015, 04:06 PM
That CD player takes up a lot of room in the center console, I wish it was modular and could be popped out for more room; I'd never use it to be honest.

John Holland
05-09-2015, 08:24 PM
The first Volvo ever sold exclusively online, 1,927 First Edition vehicles sold out in record time. Only 1,927 all-new XC90 First Edition cars will exist in the world, and each one will be individually numbered. Each First Edition will be uniquely numbered and marked. The First Edition tread plate is elegantly engraved with a number, and on the outside, a First Edition emblem is next to the engine badge. "First Edition" is also inscribed on the leather key fob. Inside the airy and comfortable cabin of the Limited Edition XC90 are soft ventilated Nappa leather seats, walnut wood inlays and leather-covered dashboard and steering wheel. Unique to the First Edition, amber stitching on the door panels and leather-covered instrument panel blend seamlessly with the luxurious interior of the luxury crossover. The First Edition XC-90 is powered by a high performance, low fuel consumption 316-horsepower T6 engine.

Paradox
05-09-2015, 08:42 PM
The first Volvo ever sold exclusively online, 1,927 First Edition vehicles sold out in record time. Only 1,927 all-new XC90 First Edition cars will exist in the world, and each one will be individually numbered. Each First Edition will be uniquely numbered and marked. The First Edition tread plate is elegantly engraved with a number, and on the outside, a First Edition emblem is next to the engine badge. "First Edition" is also inscribed on the leather key fob. Inside the airy and comfortable cabin of the Limited Edition XC90 are soft ventilated Nappa leather seats, walnut wood inlays and leather-covered dashboard and steering wheel. Unique to the First Edition, amber stitching on the door panels and leather-covered instrument panel blend seamlessly with the luxurious interior of the luxury crossover. The First Edition XC-90 is powered by a high performance, low fuel consumption 316-horsepower T6 engine.
Yep, I remember that whole wording and was quite honestly looking forward to the amber stitching on the doors and dash. If they made a change like in the pic shown and go with black stitching on the dash I certainly would have expected volvo to contact us about this change.

Chizel
05-09-2015, 09:09 PM
I'm more concerned about the white stitching on door panels. At least the black on the dash "blends seamlessly", but certainly not "unique". As described by Volvo when I ordered it.

citivas
05-09-2015, 09:40 PM
That CD player takes up a lot of room in the center console, I wish it was modular and could be popped out for more room; I'd never use it to be honest.

What was interesting on the fully loaded Inscription I test drove today, which included the B&W stereo, is there was no CD player. I had read it was supposed to be in the center console but it wasn't there. Nor anywhere else. I mentioned it to the Volvo guys. They had no idea there was supposed to be a CD player. Are only the FE's getting the CD's? Because it clearly isn't coming with every B&W sound system.