View Full Version : Full length test drive video, more than 1hr

goVolvo
03-01-2015, 08:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/v/vJB-ufK9eho

Full length test drive video in English.

Paradox
03-01-2015, 10:04 AM
One of the best reviews to date, thanks for finding and linking to it. I think that sensor for opening the trunk with ones foot needs a little tweaking though. I'll admit I pushed a little bit through the D5 review, did he talk about the B&W stereo at all, impressions, better than others he's heard, or par with etc?

Overall very positive and much of what was shown meets my expectations. Though, those manual third row seats... I don't know. I have manual 3rd row seats on my current QX60 because of it being a hybrid they are not power. BUT, you can lower mine from standing behind the car, just like he showed on the XC90 early on in the video..Difference comes when he raises the third row seats. He has to go around to the side door to raise the seats back up into position. Infiniti included a strap on the back of the seat so from standing behind the car you pull on the strap and it raises the seat into position. Maybe that's something they should have considered after removing the power function. Other than that, quite pleased.

goVolvo
03-01-2015, 10:35 AM
Both my Freestyle and Taurus X has straps to pull up the 3rd row seats. Hope it is not hard for Volvo to add a strap too.

johnee
03-01-2015, 12:27 PM
I like that guy, i watched his other XC60 vids (I've watched just about every 2015 XC60 video out there) and was impressed with his candor; He dissects all design elements which gives me a perspective I didn't realize at first. Watching the vid now.

Conradi
03-01-2015, 12:46 PM
Thank you for sharing this!

As I realized now, at the press-event there is a static presentation of all XC90's. He is the first to show us the R-line!
Nice R-line elements including real carbon and the sporty front seats. Notice when he opened the door of the matt Bursting Blue R-line, you suddenly see gloss blue paint.

GrecianVolvo
03-01-2015, 01:05 PM
The matte finish is a wrap. I believe, the initial Bursting Blue will Ben he metallic paint finish and a matte finish will be made available later.

Conradi
03-01-2015, 02:08 PM
I know Yannis,
Only I thought they would wrap all visible parts, so including the entrance....

pattyweb
03-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Great video. Nice to watch somebody explaining things and also discussing good and bad.

Our SUV also has a strap for pulling the 3rd row up from the back. It's so easy raising and lowering from either side that I just don't see the point in a power system and sitting there watching and waiting for the power system to do it's job. I wish Volvo could see all the little details in other cars like the strap. Maybe it's there hidden somewhere?

Watching him use the touch screen was interesting. At least he's honest and speaking what a lot of us are really thinking in that he's not sure he likes the touch ac and would prefer a traditional interface.