SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

MD/VA/DC/PA/DE - Meet and BBQ on Saturday August 21st @ Lake Fairfax Park - 1:00PM

6K views 57 replies 16 participants last post by  stylngle2003 
#1 ·
MD/VA/DC/PA/DE - Meet and BBQ on Saturday August 21th @ Lake Fairfax Park - 1:00PM

DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO AUG 21TH
Time has been changed to 1:00 PM

After trying to figure out the perfect date, it seems like Saturday August 21th will be a good date for the end-of-Summer meet/BBQ. It is tenatively set for 1:00PM however this might change. Lake Fairfax Park is located off Leesburg pike in Virginia and directions can be found on their site (below). I have called them and asked if we need a reservation and they said that their open picnic area is first-come-first serve. Since I have never been there, if anybody knows of other places inside the park which are by reservation, please let me know and I'll try to reserve the spot for that day. Try to post this on other Volvo forums so we can get more people and we also need to setup who is bringing what food (if everyone still wants to do a BBQ). We should try to get a good judge of how many people are coming and with that we should establish how much and what people should bring. Hope this all works out.

Here is Lake Fairfax Park's website and a map of their location:

http://www.co.fairfax.va.us/parks/lakefront.htm

DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO AUG 21TH
Time has been changed to 1:00 PM

FOOD LIST:

BYOB

1.gdogg16(greg) - 2 12packs of soda.
2. lax01 (josh) - ??? 1/2 LB Burgers from Price Club
3. stylngle2003 (billy) 24 Hamburger buns + ice
4. friend of mine is bring 4 bags of Doritos - Ranch and Cheese
5. Nos122S - Hot Dog Buns and Condiments

Modified by lax01 at 8:48 AM 8-19-2004

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: MD/VA/DC/PA/DE - Meet and BBQ on Saturday August 14th @ Lake Fairfax Park - 2:00PM (lax01)

I should be able to make it. And I should have the license plate frames by then.

#7 ·
Re: (lax01)

.....guess I will have to meet you all at the next one......

Someone take lots and lots of pictures!!!! Group pics, owners & their cars, etc.

#8 ·
Re: (KiotCloudkicker)

sorry man...looks like more people are available the 21st anyways...you got about a month, you sure you can't make it back for the 21st? it is only a meet...I'm bringing my Nikon 995 with 192 MB CF card...there will be plenty of pics

#9 ·

I'm leaving from BWI on the night of the 20th heading straight to LAX... and stayin' in Pasadena. Checkin' out girls, eatin' good food, and....uh...oh yeah... checkin' out "Art Center College of Design" in Pasadena; almost forgot the main purpose of the trip. And comin' back on the 25th.

#11 ·
Re: (KiotCloudkicker)

aight...it sounds like you are going to have fun...there will always be another meet...

SO WHO IS BRINGING WHAT?

I can bring the 1/2 LB burgers from PriceClub...though I suck at grilling, so that job defaults to someone else...

#12 ·

I will definitely stop thru. Does anyone know if the park has any restrictions on dogs? They are not allowed in some (all?) MD state parks and if that's the case, I wanna know that before I schlep Dylan the Weimereiner all the way out there---and have to turn around and take him back home.

Is there some sorta shedule or something or are we just meetin', greetin' and eatin?

I will bring some hot dogs/buns and beverages. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

#23 ·
Re: Meet and BBQ (gdogg16)

well a lot of other people said they were coming, but didn't say what they were bringing, I'll probably grab some hot dogs when I"m at PriceClub this week...

Hopefully the weather will be nice, see you guys Saturday!

*BTW, this is your 1 week notification of th meet*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.