SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

How do trade-ins work with OSD?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  GrecianVolvo 
#1 ·
Hello. I am wondering how trade-ins work with OSD. I am very interested in buying a 2005 S40 T5, and I am leaning heavily towards OSD. But I do have one question that I couldn't find an answer for on the website. If I plan on trading in my car, at what point do I actually have to turn it in? Do I turn it in before I depart to Sweden, or do I turn it in when I get back, or do I keep it until my new Volvo arrives in the US? I very much hope it is the latter, but I have a feeling it's not. If I had to turn in my car before the trip, it would be VERY difficult for me to go 6-8 weeks without a car.

Oh, and one more question . . . What are some typical financing rates for OSD? Are they comparable to what is offered by US Volvo dealers?

Thanks for any information you can provide me.

#4 ·
Re: (matwags)

Quote, originally posted by matwags »
Here's a twist. How about if I order OSD through someone like Yannis, and he delivers it to a dealer near my home in Ohio. How is a trade handled in that instance?

In this case, I would fax an appraisal form to you (it is pretty detailed). Then, we would tell you what the car is worth. Upon agreement, we draw up the paperwork and we also agree on what the car would be worth upon your car's arrival in the U.S. Once your car arrives, then I will ship it to you on our flat-bed truck and when our driver arrives at your home (or your office, whatever you want), the driver will inspect your trade-in to make sure that it fits your appraisal's description. Once that is done, he will unload your new Volvo, hand you the paperwork, your keys and a check that represents the value of your trade-in. Then he will load it up on the flat bed and drive away! Fairly simple as long as we are all upfront and honest with each other and i do nto see why we would not! I have not had any problems, so far!

Yannis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.