SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

:D

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Kai 
#1 ·
Alright, fine...I'm editing this msg for the 2nd time.

I guess they were missing some parts which were not supposed to be missing. And sounds like they were nice enough to replace those on their own expense.

I know I only took the valve cover, and it's sitting in my garage. But at least I have the latest update now...and know the real reason behind the delay(or is it?), so I can at least rest easier tonite.

[This message has been edited by The_one_n_only (edited 09-06-2001).]

#3 ·
How long? LONNNNG~ I'm not sure if I want to get into more details on the Net yet. I'll let you know more details about it next time when we meet again.

Well, as for the 240...I was just testing the water. I mean if the market is good, and someone can really offer me a reasonable price...I would probably have to sell it. I just don't know if I would really have any more $$$ to invest for the 240 project.
It has been a fun car, but w/o AC in MD summer just a bit tough for me.

Of course this is all based on the assumption that my family would be getting another vehicle for daily commute use(and for MD's crappy road condition).

Hehee...why? Would you know anyone that will be interested in the 240? Or interested in either the IPD strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, bushings, OMP springs, Bilstien rear shocks, and KYB front strut? Or maybe the Recaro SE seat with bracket?

#4 ·
Hey Kai. Glad to hear you're getting your car back soon. Be sure to bring it by the shop so I can see it
I'm gone this whole week, but will be back Sunday the 19th.

And about those 240 parts...I have a friend who is getting a 1980 242GT and he may be interested in some suspension stuff...let me know.

Rob

#5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
How long? LONNNNG~ I'm not sure if I want to get into more details on the Net yet. I'll let you know more details about it next time when we meet again.
No problem. I was thinking that early to mid september would be a good time for another GTG. The temps should be lower by then.

quote:

Hehee...why? Would you know anyone that will be interested in the 240? Or interested in either the IPD strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, bushings, OMP springs, Bilstien rear shocks, and KYB front strut? Or maybe the Recaro SE seat with bracket?
Hmm, how much for the Recaro bracket? I don't know for sure if I could use it or not. My dad has a dark blue Recaro seat in his '70 Beetle, but that car has been off the road for almost 6 years so maybe he'd let me use it.

As for the car, I think it would be easier to sell it stock, then sell the aftermarket parts separately. Otherwise, finding the "right" buyer may take a while.

#6 ·
Rob, sure...I'll bring it by or we can get together or something. I can probably set your friend up for some deal. Maybe he takes care of the labor for parts swapping (with his factory part), and I will cut him a good deal for all the parts. Something like that..

Michael, almost the same for you...get you good deal for the bracket, but you give me your factory seat and bracket...

This is all assuming the buyer would actually want these outta the car....we'll see.

#7 ·
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:
Michael, almost the same for you...get you good deal for the bracket, but you give me your factory seat and bracket...
I'd kind of like to keep my seat because my dad would probably want his Recaro back at some point (maybe for his Porsche kit car), so then I'd have no seat. Where did you get your bracket, and how much was it?

#8 ·
I bought the bracket from the same place where I bought my seat in NJ. I can find you the shop's name.
But I'm not sure if they would just sell the bracket alone. That thing actually took more than a month to backorder. It was about $100+ .

#11 ·
Well, obviously they are not working on my car. Called them today, they tell me to call back on Friday. Nothing they can tell me.

Was supposed to pick it up last Friday...now they did not work on it on Tuesday (from what it looks like)...and probably did not work on it either today. I doubt they can't get it done if they really work on it.

now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.