SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Geartronic ever going to be offered in the C70?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  George@Swedespeed 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Well, I am about to pull the trigger on a C70. But I was wondering if Volvo plans to offer the Geartronic tranny in the 2002 models? If they are, I think I'd wait for it to be available.

Any insights would sure be welcomed! Thanks!

#2 ·
Peter,
Thanks for the pointer about the Brax amp. You have me sold on that. Do you also post on acura-cl.com? I've also seen someone talked about doing some sick setup on his old S4. But anywayz....
I didn't hear anything about the geartronic on the C70, but I did hear enough complaints about the geartronic tranny. Why wouldn't you want to get the manual? Not everyday you get to own a manual T5 in the States(till 98).
I'll let you know how that Brax amp works on my car...

#3 ·
Well, after installer for years and years my back is really bad, And I have a sciatic problem, so getting stock in traffic having to work the clutch constantly is a real pain for me, literally.
So for long term "livability" an auto is desirable.
I just sold my Audi that had tiptronics, and that tranny was a joy for me, the ease of an auto, and pretty darn good performance as well. In fact for me, that tranny was the best I had ever owned. If the C70 was going to be available with something like that, it would be ideal for me.
But if not, I'll take the auto.
The car has to pull "double duty" for me: my driver and also our Consumer Electronics Show demo car.
I am glad you were able to get in touch with Ampman for the amp. You will LOVE the Brax performance, especially with your Dynaudio speaker system. The Owner of Dynaudio will use nothing else in his system!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.