SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Free GIAC software!!!!!!!!!!!!

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  euro_nut 
#1 ·
Hello all.

We are looking for a '00 C70 manual car for software development. The first '00 C70 manual car to arrive at our shop in Oregon will receive free pre and post dyno runs on our in-house chassis dyno and a free GIAC chip.

Email me privately for more details.

Best regards,
Jeremy

#2 ·
Who are you guys? How do we know you are any good? Are you just another reseller for GIAC chip? What kinda tuning do you offer on your chip? What is the performance gain we can expect?
So..this first car will be your lab rat in some sense? Any guarantee for anything?
Sorry to be picky, last thing we need is another Eastern Aerospace.

#3 ·
The_one_n_only,

I understand your concern. BTW, who is Eastern Aerospace? I'm not kidding when I ask.

We are the NW distributor for GIAC software. As you may know, GIAC is the premier aftermarket software tuner. They have been in many European Car issues and articles. Garrett Lim of GIAC chooses his dealers very carefully. There are only 9 GIAC dealers across the country and every dealer has to have a chassis dyno of their own or have easy access to one. This dealer network forms a tight knit bond between GIAC and the dealers.

The way the process works is that we dyno a stock C70 to see what it's making for power stock. We then send the stock program to GIAC. They modify it and send it back to us. At that time, we have the car come back to re-dyno and see the gains. We have an air/fuel meter on our dyno which samples 100 times a second so we can monitor a/f and report it back to GIAC as well. It is important to note that GIAC isn't creating new software from scratch, but simply improving what is already there.

For gains, expect a 45-50hp increase over stock. GIAC already has software done for the '95-97 850GLT's, '98 V70T/T5R, '98 C70T, '98 S70T, and '99 C70T. All the gains for these chips are between 35-50hp, depending on application. As well, chips for these applications are $650; a significant cost difference from other Volvo software manufacturers.
Keep in mind that we also have a 30 day money back guarantee--no questions asked.

You're welcome to visit www.giacusa.com or write us directly at info@matrixmotorsports.com for more information.

Best regards,
Jeremy

#4 ·
I see....So PES would be more like the East coast distributor then?

Eastern Aerospace is just another vendor not worth my time discussing.

So, this means GIAC has chip for the ECU of the 99 model and above?

Please also explain the difference btwn the HP gain...different application? You mean depends on what other existing modification on the car?

Say...does GIAC make custom chips?

#5 ·
One_

Yes, PES is an east coast dealer. Of course you can buy from any dealer you like.

If you have an ECU number, I can certainly check if GIAC has a certain file already done.

Regarding the hp depending on each application, some cars make more power than others. For example, the '98 V70T5R makes 35-50hp whereas the '98 S70T makes 45-50hp.
As well, different conditions(fuel, altitude, etc) produce different power numbers, hence the 35-50 span.

GIAC does make custom chips but they are very pricey as Garrett's time is limited.

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Best regards,
Jeremy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.