SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

performance chips

984 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  George@Swedespeed 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions for performance chips ('99 C70 HPT coupe with automatic transmission), and the resulting increase in power?

Also, what is the likelihood of problems associated with these type of after-market mods?

thanks for any feedback.

#3 ·
Doing research is always wise as some chips are better than others. I know that for that car, IPD sells the TME unit out of Sweden, GIAC sells a unit through PES and I think also through Eastern Aerospace, and Wetterauer sells a chip. I have no exprience with the second two, but I know they are respected manufacturers.

We've put the IPD/TME unit in our 854R project and like it. With the exhaust, it raises the hp to nearly 300, which is about as high as you want to go on that transmission. Trust me.

IPD/TME also brings down the power around shift points to further preserve the tranny. Regardless, you may want to consider switching to synthetic tranny fluid when you perform the mod as our R was getting a bit rough even before the shift. The synthetic has totally cleared that up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.