SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Frankfurt C70 R

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  S.R. 
#1 ·

Okay, maybe it isn't an R, but those are the R wheels from the V70 R AWD aren't they? They look pretty darn good on that C70 Coupe. I guess a high pressure turbo coupe is darn close to an R. Now if it only had AWD.

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh yeah, that car looked good. That reminds me though, while at the Frankfurt airport, I saw a C70 convertible on display (they do that a lot at airports, also saw an Audi A2 and an Opel Speedster). Anyway, the car had alcantara suede seats. They looked identical to the ones in our '97 R, but in beige. I don't recall seeing that on the US options list, but it would be pretty cool, as the suede doesn't get nearly as hot sitting in the sun.

#3 ·
Actually there's an option for seats and interior like that. I could be wrong, but I think everywhere else in the world gets to choose this option for 98 and/or 99 model.

If you go to this link of my web site I did long time ago...http://communities.msn.com/thatguysc70

You can see a picture of it on the first page. I actually found this picture from Volvo Japan's web site. They have all sort of different color combinations you can choose. 6 or 7 of them. It's a shame that US market never gets to enjoy great cars or cool options on the cars that you can get anywhere in the world.

This C70 also looks lowered...
That's not the Cassis (the purple)color, is it?
I'm so color blind...

#7 ·
There was a car in 1998 called the S70 T5 SE that had a leather/alcantara combo interior. They are pretty rare in the United States, but I have seen them sell on Ebay. The regular S70 GLT SE that came at the very end of the S70's life only came with leather.

-Drew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.