SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

SC-900 & 901 wire connection help needed

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Prospero 
#1 ·
Okay, I'm in the process of installing an SC-900 and 100X4 amp in my 850. I have figured out the pinouts for the amp connector as well as the speaker-level outputs from the AMP to the OEM connectors. (All of which I will post in the car audio forum.) I have the unit pretty well figured out with the exception of the green plug in the stereo. This plug has 3 wires in it and plugs into the rear of the head unit into a socket that has 6 or so pins in it. Since the amp connector has all signals necessary for the amp, and the only output (speaker level) from the head unit is for the center channel, what does the green plug do? I seem to have all basic functions for the stereo and CD player but can not go into the DOLBY mode. (I was told that all functions are internal for this system and there is no use for the DOLBY connector in the rear of the unit.) I have tried to figure out the pinouts for the center channel but cannot turn it on unless I am in Dolby mode. So here is my question: What wires or pin locations are for the center channel and also, what is the "green" plug with 3-wires used for? Oh, and what do I need to do in order to get the DOLBY to work? Any and all help will be much appreciated. I will share the information in the car-audio forum as well.

Thanks in advance!
Prospero

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.