SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

C70 Wierdness (Mainly Badging)

749 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Kai 
#1 ·
Ever notice how the C70 doesn't have an R version even though the high output turbo version has 17s and the same motor as the V70R AWD? One could argue that it isn't an R because it's not AWD, but the 850s weren't AWD and the V70R is also badged AWD, leading one to believe that not all Rs are AWD. Dumb question, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Here's another. Why aren't C70's badged T-5 or 2.4T? I know installing things like Geartronic on the cars would probably cost dev money, but the badges would make it simple to tell the diff (from the outside) between the LPT and High output versions of the cars.

#2 ·
It does have the same engine and turbo, however it does not have the same suspension, engine management (worth extra 27 in year 2000) twin exhaust (2000) or the amazing "R" interior.
It would have been so F'n easy to make an "r" variant, but they didn't
They could have put in the same seats, simelar suspension, and dropped in the "R" ecu.
But hey, volvo wasn't thinking that far ahead, and who knows how it would have sold.
We're all volvo nuts, so we would have loved it of course!!
David
850 T-5R Sedan

#3 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Evolvo:
Ever notice how the C70 doesn't have an R version even though the high output turbo version has 17s and the same motor as the V70R AWD?
Well there are few more minor details to the 98~00 R models you forgot to mention. The Rs do have different turbos, different int. trims, different wheels, different ECU and different intake manifold. So...do you still think they don't deserve an R badge?

I think C70 looks better w/o that silly T5 or GLT badge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.