SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Another hot C70 in DC Area

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  George@Swedespeed 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Hey for once Kai said my name without cursing it at the same time!!!!!!!!
Just kidding man.
Yeah, that guy's car seems pretty cool, but i hate the fact that he stole "my" motronic insignia and put it on the rear of his car, looks cheap there.

I like the anthricite coloring to the wheels, and actually dig the spoiler, but i agree with kai on the audio mods.

SO.......any luck getting a guy a free airline ticket out for one of these badass get-togethers????
Man, i always get screwed over in the middle of the damn country, i've only found 4 people to come to some kind of a meet, i mean WTF>>>???????

#5 ·
<--- 500!

quote:

Originally posted by fhdt5r:
...i've only found 4 people to come to some kind of a meet, i mean WTF>>>???????
Well, we don't exactly draw them in from miles around. I think the smallest one was 4 cars, and one time it was just me and another guy because Kai left early and everyone else said they "might" come, but then they didn't. That's why I don't try to organize anything anymore.

It's still good if there's only a few people because you get to know everyone. I've seen a few Volkswagen GTG's that were 30-50 cars, and there are always some people who complain because they don't really meet anyone and they don't know who was driving what car, etc.

#8 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Paul@swedespeed:
Just an update; the Volvo Ocean Race GTG is starting to come together and we have some very good plans brewing for this event. Keep tuned; more to come in the upcoming weeks!
Is that going to take place on a Sunday or Saturday?

Yannis

#12 ·
quote:

Originally posted by George@Swedespeed:
Why? Can't you make it Saturday Yannis? It's still up in the air enough, that we could play with that. We'd love to have you down.
George,

that's why I got bummed out. I would love to come down and meet you all guys (Patrick, from Annapolis Volvo, and I were speaking about you, today...LOL, nothing bad, all good!) but Saturdays are our bread and butter day, at work. I just can't miss work on a Saturday unless I am...overseas! If you guys were to have it on a Sunday, I would love to come down!

Yannis

#14 ·
quote:

Originally posted by George@Swedespeed:
I'll bug Pat about doing it Sunday. I'm not sure if he'd prefer it on a busy day or not. I'll be seeing him today, so I'll get you more details. We'd love to make it so you can attend Yannis.
George,

THANKS!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.