SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Coupe de Grace...

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Kai 
#1 ·
Well, since no one has started a new topic on the cover story, I decided why not?
Kai, your car is looking very sweet!

Okay guys, is this mysterious fog for real or is it a secret?

-Drew

[This message has been edited by InDy (edited 02-19-2002).]

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Drew, from the article I linked Kai's message called The List in the C70 forum. You'll find discussion on the car there.

As for the fog, it's steam. Where we shot the car, there were some leaking steam pipes, one underneath that grating, and another on a pipe just behind the hood of the car. It made for some interesting photos.

I'm very happy with how well the shoot came out.

#5 ·
The shoot was actually done at an abondoned facility that was once an army base, a monestary, an Inn for Washington elite and an all girls school.

If you look at the shots more straight on of the car, down the road, you'll see the building I shot the C70 Convertible for our road test there. It's very picturesque and pretty cool for those who are curious about such things.

It's actually right off the DC beltway and about a half mile from Rob's (Volvo Rules) garage.

#8 ·
Superb work done there Kai!
Very nice.
I only wonder how you want to get the 340HP's to the street.
Did you replace the intercooler also?
A rally driver in our area ordered a custom fit intercooler for their 850 which should fit the C70 also.

#10 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Johann:
Superb work done there Kai!
Very nice.
I only wonder how you want to get the 340HP's to the street.
Did you replace the intercooler also?
A rally driver in our area ordered a custom fit intercooler for their 850 which should fit the C70 also.
340 FWHP is never gonna put down to the ground all that nicely. Hopefully, with enough lag, the car is not all that unstreetable. Torque steer is there..even at some higher speed, but not something you can't manage.

Intercooler upgrade will be the last...maybe I'll get that taken care of during the summer when I start to feel the heat.

#12 ·
Nice ride Kai. I've seen pics before, but I never knew the whole story.

Question - did you ever consider increasing the displacement while you worked over the motor? I know that increasing the bore of the 5-cyl is not a good idea, and stroking it would only lead to higher stresses under boost, but I was wondering if you ever looked into this in more detail?

#14 ·
quote:

Originally posted by 11110000:

Question - did you ever consider increasing the displacement while you worked over the motor?
I just know there's not much room to work on that particular engine. The wall might be too thin for any higher stress application, of course, unless you resleeve the cylinders. I just didn't think there was much of anything for me to play with for the bottom end of the engine. I'm pretty sure I can get more than enough power from the other upgrades alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.