SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

C70 of The North

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Phil Pugliese 
#1 ·
North of Maryland that is... Some of the upgrades are not listed because IPD and some of the other manufacturers are not listed as choices.

Ben Steins C70 HPT M

#2 ·
Nice...

He def. got more balls than I do to choose that S4 blue for his new paint job. But I guess it looks pretty 'racey' now with all the goodies on it.

For example, the A pillar mount is what I always hesitate to put on my car b/c none of them are long enough to extend all the way back to the rear pillar. But then again, with the racey look, it's not bad to look MORE 'aftermarket.'

Just like the V70R front bumper, I never have the guts to put it on the C70 since the bumper is a bit too square for the car. But it actually looks pretty OK on his car.

So, he really got the IPD grille instead, eh? Hehehe..he called the MS Design one too 'Honda'

I never knew that Peter Farrell would custom an ECU for a Volvo. Interesting....

Did he also get his turbo upgrade done there as well? BTW, which boost controller is he using from GReddy?

All in all, pretty decent ride. (not sure about the choice of caliper color) So, he really wants to race MY C70, huh? LoL....different 'method' of tuning you called it yesterday. Very interesting indeed, he should def. come down to the OR show. Might be a good race.

#6 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Phil Pugliese:
North of Maryland that is... Some of the upgrades are not listed because IPD and some of the other manufacturers are not listed as choices.

Ben Steins C70 HPT M

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! If I ever do THIS to my car (color) please...SHOOT ME! What happened to the beautiful White paint that he had on this car? Especially the interior blue touches...What a crime! What got in him, Phil???

My heart is weeping looking at this car; it used to be a really nice C70...anyway, colors and their "beauty" are in the eyes of the beholder...I guess...

Yannis

#8 ·
As Yannis said the color is definitely in the eye of the beholder. The interior is so so IMO. Don't like the color matching blue trim. The yellow in the engine bay is just plain nasty. I've always like the Volvo OEM 18s but I would prefer to see something different. The S70 front is growing on me, it would look pretty cool with the front spoiler on there. But Kai is right, too boxy. The grille, no way. I'd take Kai's.And definitely DO NOT put a spoiler on the C70. Anyways, these are my $0.02 so don't flame me.

Regards,
Mike

P.S. Oh yeah, when it comes to a 1-on-1 race, I got $100.00 on Kai.

[This message has been edited by mike_c70 (edited 03-29-2002).]

#10 ·
The engine bay will be changed to all blue vs. the yellow. I wasn't sure about the interior either when he was talking about doin it, but the naugawood, just didn't look good. When the seats get the blue inserts, it will balance out. FWIW, As far as teh front, I like the look.

#12 ·
I figured I've read enough now it is time to defend myself. I chose the V70R bumper due to the aggressive look. The interior well my wife agrees, too much Blue well I will tell all of you what I told her....."You don't have to drive it." I built the car for fun and to race. It may not be as fast as Kai's but we wouldn't know that because he has not revealed his numbers. The last time I raced the car at a track was before I installed the Ecu, and I ran an insanely slow 14.6 at 98 mph. Since PES-tuning did the ECU I have yet to track it. I pray for somewhere in the 13's, but well see soon enough. Thanks for all the feedback positive or negative you notice the car, Have fun and drive smart

#13 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Blue Coupe:
It may not be as fast as Kai's but we wouldn't know that because he has not revealed his numbers.
Awhh...c'mon, what's this competition thingy here?
I seriously don't think it's needed.

Again, good job on the ride. Have fun and be safe.

Oh..BTW, you have PES chip?! Errr..you got a typo on your site thingy. You put PFS...that's a completely different company, FYI.

*edited to sound less hostile*

[This message has been edited by The_one_n_only (edited 03-30-2002).]

#14 ·
Hey Ben,

This is an opinion coming from a 16 year old. I really like what you have done to your car.
I think it has that racey look, yet it's subtle, it still has the Volvo lines to it. I really like what you've done to your engine bay, I have the same yellow theme going on inside mine, just not as extensive. As for the caliper paint, I don't know if I like it, but I love the color of the car. I too suprised that it looks that good. As for the front end, I think it looks pretty bad a$$, the grill(s) look great, and I like the R front end on it, it gives it a more aggressive stance.

Good Luck with your project, and as Kai said, drive safely, do what I preach, not practice
I'm sure you'll beat many a r1cers with that ride...

#15 ·
quote:

Originally posted by The_one_n_only:

Oh..BTW, you have PES chip?! Errr..you got a typo on your site thingy. You put PFS...that's a completely different company, FYI.

Kai, that PES/PFS difference was my fault. When I listed the options in cardomain, PFS was not a coice and I thought that I didn't write it down correctly.

Don't bame Ben for the competition talk, that was all me. I just am an instigator from time to time.

#16 ·
quote:

Originally posted by George@Swedespeed:
So he's from Philly? I'll have to come up and feature it sometime. I'm not big on the blue interior trim, but it's different. He should go silver/aluminum.

Still, everyone's a critic, and it's his car. I think it is pretty sweet.

George
My origional suggestion was also to go with Mystic Silver for the trim. I too thought he Blue would be too much...until I saw it (His brother made him do the blue). It looks much better in person, the pictures don't do it justice. I will take a picute of teh back seat, it is done and looks sweet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.