SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

AFC fuel controller?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  C70 MATT 
#1 ·
Hey I am getting a turbo wheel and putting it on and instead of changing the ECU i think i can get a AFC and adjust... what do yall think? Kai?
-THANKS, MATT

#3 ·
quote:

Originally posted by C70 MATT:
Sorry how much PSI can my 98' T5 handle i think i'm running 8.5 now....and with an Apexi controller what do yall think would be good performance but safe street use?
Thanks!
You 've got to be running more than 8/5psi...I think that the HPT engine has a boost of about 10.4psi, stock. How much can you run? It depends what mods you have done. With just an upgraded ECU, I think you can go up to 19 or 20psi. Beyong that, you will need some...beefing up!

Yannis

#4 ·
You need the downpipe to run higher boost is a comfertable way.
After mounting the downpipe the turbo peaks in a bad way over 1.5 bar which can result in ECU error, with the S60 that is.
You have to find a way to compensate the peak pressure.
Up to 1.3 bar isn't a problem, above that the boost gets a little turbulent with the standard turbo.

1.3 bar = ~19psi

#5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by C70 MATT:
Hey I am getting a turbo wheel and putting it on and instead of changing the ECU i think i can get a AFC and adjust... what do yall think? Kai?
-THANKS, MATT
Get an ECU upgrade first...don't try to go the cheaper route. Actually it's not really cheaper to do AFC first. It's not worth your effort...do it the normal way first. You will see more gain...then when you really have the $$$ and can afford to experiement..then play w/ the AFC.

Your ECU upgrade alone should be plenty.

Like the other said...after the ECU, and the full exhaust (including the dp)...you should be more equip'd to run higher boost.

What is safe? Don't know...I think you should be able to run 19~20 like the other said. My cousin's 850 is running 20+ PSI...so..it's your call.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.